Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #151
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
If you wanted a Royal Room close to the bus stop, what would you ask for? And ground floor would be great for her too.
Don't over-complicate things. If you've already booked your Royal Room, and you'd like a ground floor close to a bus stop, then just ask for "ground floor close to a bus stop" - I'd suggest asking to be close for the SOUTH bus stop personally, as that would also cut down on the rest of the walking a bit, but that's up to you.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #152
hokie98
Mouseketeer

Is there a change machine for the laundry on-site, or should I bring some quarters? Or better yet, does it take a debit/credit card?

POR - Royal Room (10/12)
ASSp (01/09)
Daytrip to MK (11/00)
Spring Break trip visiting college roommate interning @ WDW & toured AK 2 weeks before opening to the public! (04/98)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #153
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokie98
Is there a change machine for the laundry on-site, or should I bring some quarters? Or better yet, does it take a debit/credit card?
The change machine takes $1,$5, and $10. No credit cards that I recall.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #154
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Id call also. Just to confirm they received it. But before going that route check your messages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Check out http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php, which covers pretty much everything I can think of regarding room requests, etc.

Andre
Thank you both! Much appreciated.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 10-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #155
kydisfan
Mouseketeer

Been here for a few days and we really love it. Tonight is a stay in night so it will be marshmallow roast, maybe carriage ride, then Yee Ha Bob show. My wife is not real excited but I know my daughter will love it.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #156
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydisfan View Post
Been here for a few days and we really love it. Tonight is a stay in night so it will be marshmallow roast, maybe carriage ride, then Yee Ha Bob show. My wife is not real excited but I know my daughter will love it.
I love Bob!!! A very entertaining & fun show!
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April) OKW (Nov)
Old 10-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #157
gmadvm
Earning My Ears

Do all the AB rooms have the pull down 5th bed? I've got a garden view room booked and I'd like to be in one of the manors. Excluding the royal rooms, that leaves 2 buildings. But there are just two of us, and I'm assuming disney would not waste a 5 person room on only two people? are we most likely going to be put in a manor anyway so I don't need to make a request?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #158
Alexsandra
Proud mom of two redheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadvm
Do all the AB rooms have the pull down 5th bed? I've got a garden view room booked and I'd like to be in one of the manors. Excluding the royal rooms, that leaves 2 buildings. But there are just two of us, and I'm assuming disney would not waste a 5 person room on only two people? are we most likely going to be put in a manor anyway so I don't need to make a request?
I would make a request to be sure. If AB rooms left and you made no request you'll be put there. It doesn't hurt to ask!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:57 AM   #159
3sweetpeas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post

No complications, no extra people, no trying to satisfy everyone. Just a couple of friends and a couple of kids enjoying the parks and all the resorts have to offer.
This is a great plan. Disney is the perfect place for siblings to bond without the interference our normal lives offer. You and your friend will be able to relax and enjoy the kids. Wise move.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:10 AM   #160
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexsandra View Post
I would make a request to be sure. If AB rooms left and you made no request you'll be put there. It doesn't hurt to ask!
Agreed, there are twice as many AB rooms as regular mansion buildings, so the chances are fairly high that you'll get AB.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #161
Dommiekazommie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenvan View Post
Were you guys in a standard view room? Was there a quiet pool close by?

We booked a king room (which doesn't have any view options) but I'd say we had a garden view. We faced out to the big wooded area deprecating the 20's buildings with the 30's. The quote pool was less than a minute walk away. Was just at the other end of our building. So we just walked along the balcony to the set of stairs closest to the pool. Was excellent!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #162
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sweetpeas View Post
This is a great plan. Disney is the perfect place for siblings to bond without the interference our normal lives offer. You and your friend will be able to relax and enjoy the kids. Wise move.
For someone who has never taken a vacation in her entire adult life and never been able to afford to take her kids far away - it costs her a lot to fly them home each summer to see their dad in CA; this will be a trip of a lifetime for them!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #163
apress
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone, looking for some encouragement. We booked bouncebook for Riverside next year and we have never stayed here. We have stayed twice at CS and the rest of our stays have been at Pop. We now need to stay at Riverside because there are 5 of us. I'm really worried I won't like this resort. I hear the walks to the bus stop and the main buildings are far. Can anyone give me some great pros of this resort?
Old 10-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #164
mecheermom
Earning My Ears

woohoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmaw View Post
We check in the same day
COOL!!
2012 POR Royal Room

Old 10-04-2012, 09:34 AM   #165
skippingthrudisney
Earning My Ears

POR was the first resort we stayed at as a family and one of the things I liked best was how close the bus was to our room! Of course, we were in the closest building (14 I think) but we just headed out our door, across the small parking lot and were there in what seemed like less than a minute. I liked the pool and food court. I thought the themeing was great! It really takes you somewhere else and lets you know you're on vacation. I think you'll really like it! I never thought I'd like the mansions but here we go to the Royal Rooms!!
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: