Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #2986
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 29,938

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm522 View Post
I guess I understand them removing her from TST but I'm surprised they're taking her out of CRT, will they take Ariel out too when her Grotto opens? I understand that CRT and the FLE are in close proximity, but how will they explain it when PFH opens almost literally right beside CRT? As soon as you leave the restaurant you barely step into FL and there are all of the princesses you met at your meal available to meet again...in very close proximity.
Belle has always appeared at CRT, even when her storytime was right around the corner from the castle. So I'm having trouble understanding as well why the sudden need to take her out of there.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #2987
Disco
Hail Eris!
 
Disco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nevada
Posts: 769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Nice,
The things sticking out of the lift "hill" roof are supports for the mountain overlay which is already under construction. They are moving fast on this one.
A year and half to get the structure done and then an agonizing year of just putting the detail work in. Move faster dangit...
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #2988
GenevieveRaqs
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 631

I realize I'm in the minority here, but I'd actually love to see ALL of the non-meal meet and greets morphed into more of an attraction like this. *ducks* I know, I know...you guys don't agree...don't throw anything at me!

Now, granted, for kids who have grown up with particular expectations about meet and greets (ahem, I'm looking at you kids of Dis-ers!), yes, this kind of change would come as a shock and potentially a disappointment. I do understand that. But let's set that idea aside for a moment and pretend you're talking only about someone with zero expectations.

To me (you may feel differently!), an interactive, take-you-into-the-story experience is far, FAR more worthwhile and fun than standing in line for a quick hug and photo and see you later, next please!

Instead of standing in line for hours for a snapshot next to Jack Skellington, what if you could participate in one of his experiments as he figures out how to "make Christmas"?

I did think the original (and all too brief) experiences for Rapunzel and Merida were great ideas, with the immersive activities (dancing, learning to shoot a bow and arrow, etc.) leading up to the actual meet and greet. But I think Enchanted Tales with Belle takes that even a little further--and I like it! I wouldn't be inclined to wait in character lines (unless DS4 wanted to), but even as an adult I'd be interested in ETWB (wouldn't necessarily take a part, but would definitely watch).
GenevieveRaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #2989
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 29,938

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenevieveRaqs View Post
I realize I'm in the minority here, but I'd actually love to see ALL of the non-meal meet and greets morphed into more of an attraction like this. *ducks* I know, I know...you guys don't agree...don't throw anything at me!

Now, granted, for kids who have grown up with particular expectations about meet and greets (ahem, I'm looking at you kids of Dis-ers!), yes, this kind of change would come as a shock and potentially a disappointment. I do understand that. But let's set that idea aside for a moment and pretend you're talking only about someone with zero expectations.

To me (you may feel differently!), an interactive, take-you-into-the-story experience is far, FAR more worthwhile and fun than standing in line for a quick hug and photo and see you later, next please!

Instead of standing in line for hours for a snapshot next to Jack Skellington, what if you could participate in one of his experiments as he figures out how to "make Christmas"?

I did think the original (and all too brief) experiences for Rapunzel and Merida were great ideas, with the immersive activities (dancing, learning to shoot a bow and arrow, etc.) leading up to the actual meet and greet. But I think Enchanted Tales with Belle takes that even a little further--and I like it! I wouldn't be inclined to wait in character lines (unless DS4 wanted to), but even as an adult I'd be interested in ETWB (wouldn't necessarily take a part, but would definitely watch).
Well, actually the original plan for the FLE was to have Cindy and Aurora have interactive meet & greets like this in the area where the mine train is going. I was and still am a little sad that we'll never get to see how those would be. I'm glad they're doing the mine train, but I'd still love to see what they could do with Cindy and Aurora.

And I too would prefer this format, but not if it comes entirely at the expense of the traditional photo with a character that isn't timed on a stopwatch.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #2990
mm522
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 221

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Well, actually the original plan for the FLE was to have Cindy and Aurora have interactive meet & greets like this in the area where the mine train is going. I was and still am a little sad that we'll never get to see how those would be. I'm glad they're doing the mine train, but I'd still love to see what they could do with Cindy and Aurora.

And I too would prefer this format, but not if it comes entirely at the expense of the traditional photo with a character that isn't timed on a stopwatch.
I agree, I love the idea of immersive, interactive meet and greet/character experience, but not at the expense of a traditional meet and greet. I've been very fortunate to have some amazing character interactions and I would be very disappointed if all character interactions were turned into a timed photo and nothing else.
mm522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #2991
Alexsandra
Proud mom of two redheads
 
Alexsandra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 555

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenevieveRaqs
I realize I'm in the minority here, but I'd actually love to see ALL of the non-meal meet and greets morphed into more of an attraction like this. *ducks* I know, I know...you guys don't agree...don't throw anything at me!

Now, granted, for kids who have grown up with particular expectations about meet and greets (ahem, I'm looking at you kids of Dis-ers!), yes, this kind of change would come as a shock and potentially a disappointment. I do understand that. But let's set that idea aside for a moment and pretend you're talking only about someone with zero expectations.

To me (you may feel differently!), an interactive, take-you-into-the-story experience is far, FAR more worthwhile and fun than standing in line for a quick hug and photo and see you later, next please!

Instead of standing in line for hours for a snapshot next to Jack Skellington, what if you could participate in one of his experiments as he figures out how to "make Christmas"?

I did think the original (and all too brief) experiences for Rapunzel and Merida were great ideas, with the immersive activities (dancing, learning to shoot a bow and arrow, etc.) leading up to the actual meet and greet. But I think Enchanted Tales with Belle takes that even a little further--and I like it! I wouldn't be inclined to wait in character lines (unless DS4 wanted to), but even as an adult I'd be interested in ETWB (wouldn't necessarily take a part, but would definitely watch).
I totally agree and I love your idea of making Christmas with Jack Skellington. That would be so cool.
Alexsandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #2992
Photobee
Mouseketeer
 
Photobee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 255

I have a question about the AP preview. If only one member of your party is an AP holder, and the rest aren't....can they all get in, or is it ONLY for the AP? thanks!
Photobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #2993
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photobee View Post
I have a question about the AP preview. If only one member of your party is an AP holder, and the rest aren't....can they all get in, or is it ONLY for the AP? thanks!
Doesn't look like it. Each person that signs up will need to provide the number on their AP.
__________________
WDW: 46 visits (5 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 12 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #2994
Photobee
Mouseketeer
 
Photobee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Doesn't look like it. Each person that signs up will need to provide the number on their AP.
ok, thanks!
Photobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:40 AM   #2995
cgattis
DIS Veteran
 
cgattis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,068

I agree that interaction is more fun than snap-and-run photos, BUT....only if FP or FP+ gets implemented. I just don't want an hour or two wait for EVERY character. We waited 1:45 for Jack and Sally and 1:00 for Rapunzel, but after those, my kids would only see characters with short lines.
cgattis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:41 AM   #2996
skepace
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 146

Are Jack and Sally at WDW or Disneyland?
__________________
Last visit - October 2008 - Saratoga Springs, October 2012 - Yacht Club



http://shawnpace.myoilproducts.com
skepace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #2997
cgattis
DIS Veteran
 
cgattis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,068

Almost forgot why I jumped into this thread....sorry, ToT race fried my brain!!

A CM told us Pete's Silly Sideshow might be in soft open by yesterday (wasn't) or today. If you're in the MK, might be worth a walk back to the Circus!
cgattis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:44 AM   #2998
jkpmac
Mouseketeer
 
jkpmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miramichi, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 462

200 Pages

Wow 200 pages on this thread, Congratz Berloize!
__________________
(DH) WDW 1972, 1978, 2000, 2008, 2010, Disney Wonder 2010. DW WDW 1985, 2000, 2008, 2010, Disney Wonder 2010. DS WDW 2008, 2010, Disney Wonder 2010.
Son: Dad why do you wear a Grumpy Baseball Cap?Dad: Because I am GrumpySon: Next time we are at Disneyworld maybe you should get a Happy Baseball Cap. I love my son

jkpmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #2999
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,407

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepace View Post
Are Jack and Sally at WDW or Disneyland?
DL. But they made a promotional appearance this past weekend at WDW DTD, and it generated loooong waits.
__________________
WDW: 46 visits (5 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 12 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #3000
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran
 
Disney_Princess83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,687

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
.......... which is precisely why they needed to find a way to make her available somewhere else in the MK. Still calling this a colossal miss.

This attraction is going to be busy enough. It does not need the additional traffic from people who might just be happy to meet her at TST.

Until they get this worked out, I think this is going to be a big disappointment to a lot of little princess fans who want to meet Belle. Especially those who go in thinking this really will be a meet and greet.
Beast is only going to be available if you have a dinner reservation at Be Our Guest it seems as well!
__________________

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: