Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
megan0317
Earning My Ears

Early access hhn ?

My boyfriend and i are going to hhn on the 11th. We haven't had anytime away from kiddos in a looong time. Its a 1 night thing cause we're poor but we are both super excited (newbies to hhn). I've read a lot about the early access and wondered if anyone had any input. We would like to do early access into ioa so we can see the harry potter stuff. How would that then work as far as getting over to universal for hhn? Could we go from ioa directly into the s$s lines at 5?
megan0317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan0317 View Post
My boyfriend and i are going to hhn on the 11th. We haven't had anytime away from kiddos in a looong time. Its a 1 night thing cause we're poor but we are both super excited (newbies to hhn). I've read a lot about the early access and wondered if anyone had any input. We would like to do early access into ioa so we can see the harry potter stuff. How would that then work as far as getting over to universal for hhn? Could we go from ioa directly into the s$s lines at 5?
It's not early entry from IoA...only from the Studios. IoA has an area in Seuss Landing where you can wait until HHN begins at 6:30...you are let in from that gate but the event starts at the same time. You will save a little bit of time since you won't be waiting in the mob outside the Studios...but not much. Stay & Scream is only accessible through the Studios. You would have to be in the park by 5pm closing and then you'll wait in the holding area until you're released around 6pm. You will have 30 minutes to do several houses before the general public is released. If you can't get into the Studios before 5pm closing, you won't get early access.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
megan0317
Earning My Ears

So if we did ioa, we would have 3 and a half hours to explore before heading to hhn. We were going to be part of the 6:30 mob anyways, so we wouldn't be losing anything as far as hhn is concerned, right?
Old 09-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
So if we did ioa, we would have 3 and a half hours to explore before heading to hhn. We were going to be part of the 6:30 mob anyways, so we wouldn't be losing anything as far as hhn is concerned, right?
Yes...you would be able to see HP but if you are FL residents and can purchase the Scream Early tickets, you would be better off going to the Studios to get into HHN early. Why? HHN is for a month and HP is every day and since you're only HHN only one night it would be to your advantage to spend the extra time in the Studios and do HP some other time. It's up to you of course but that's my opinion.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
megan0317
Earning My Ears

Its so hard to decide because we want to do everything, we just can't. Our initial plan was to get to orlando, check into our hotel and then head off to wait in line. Going in early may be a problem as far as getting our hotel goes too. I guess we will just play that part by ear.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
WDW415
Earning My Ears

Just got back from Orlando and did HHN on Friday Sept 28. We bought early access with our ticket, so for $20 we could get into the park at 3pm. We decided to go to IoA since we hadn't been in a while. The cross-over to Studios started at 5:45p on our day, so we were at Studios when everyone from S&S got released. Got to take advantage of 3 houses by 7pm.
Was able to do all 7 houses (and Gothic twice), see Bill & Ted, 20 Penny Circus, eat dinner and ride Mummy, MiB and Despicable Me before park close.
WDW415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
megan0317
Earning My Ears

Thank you! I read that the transfer over wasn't too bad and that we would still be ahead of the rest of the crowd, so we're gonna do IoA!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:27 AM   #8
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Thank you! I read that the transfer over wasn't too bad and that we would still be ahead of the rest of the crowd, so we're gonna do IoA!
I think the timing has to do with the crowd size waiting to get in. It it's busy you will be let in early but it the crowd isn't too bad, you might not be. Sunday night the crowds were supposedly bigger than Friday (go figure) but they weren't letting people in from IoA early. You can see the crossover gate in the Dead End queue line. I hope it works for you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: