DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #31
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
Personally I think the more sensible approach would be to not allow upgrades of ANY current tickets...but to allow unredeemed vouchers to be upgraded. And I say that as someone who is considering upgrading a current ticket.

I'm still a little dumbstruck that Disney is drawing a line in the sand regarding vouchers. A member could have literally purchased a voucher an hour before the perk was announced, and they will still be denied any sort of upgrade rights.

I'm keenly aware that rules are necessary and not everyone can "win" on every perk. But I still think they dropped the ball on this one. Not customer friendly at all.
Voucher holders who purchased before the announcement can just hold on to them for another time, I don't see the big deal.

The PAP offering is bound to cause problems. How many members won't read the fine print and will miss the purchase or redemption deadline? I can see the posts now.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #32
drusba

DIS Veteran

Called and confirmed that we could upgrade our renewal AP vouchers to the new PAP but you need to do it when you go to Guest Services to pick up your actual tickets which means you must be going to WDW between now and end of December to be able to upgrade from the renewal AP voucher to the discounted PAP. The current renewal AP price with DVC discount is $385 plus tax. The tax takes it above $399 but tax is not used in determining whether it cost less than or equal to the $399 PAP. Moreover, when upgrading you do not get credit for the tax you paid and thus the upgrade will cost $14 per PAP if you have a $385 AP renewal plus any additonal tax added to that $14.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #33
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
Moreover, when upgrading you do not get credit for the tax you paid and thus the upgrade will cost $14 per PAP if you have a $385 AP renewal plus any additonal tax added to that $14.
I'm not following here. Are you saying they are charging $14 ($399-$385) and then charging tax on $399? That cannot be correct because you already paid tax on the $385 renewal ticket and that tax should be credited against the total tax due on the $399 PAP.

Other posts I've seen indicate that people were charged tax only on the $14 additional that they paid to upgrade, in other words the tax they paid on the $385 is credited and the only additional tax owed is on the price difference of $14 (an additional 91 cents).

The price of the PAP would be $399 + 25.94 in tax for a total of $424.94
The amount already paid for the renewal would be $385 + 25.03 in tax for a total of $410.03

The additional amount due for the PAP should be $14.91. If they are saying they will not credit the $25.03 already paid in tax, that is not correct.

Last edited by LisaS; 10-03-2012 at 02:14 PM.
LisaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #34
Sammie
DIS Veteran

I agree that if anyone is willing to donate the difference in the passes, they should let everyone exchange the regular pass for the premium.

I will get right on this and see if I can get it changed.

I do think they could have save themselves some headaches by pricing them differently.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #35
Chumpieboy
Earning My Ears

Swap worked for us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryels View Post
I won't have a chance to call MS until later today, but just wondering if anyone has attempted to call and get existing vouchers upgraded to the new special premium rate?

I know that initially people were told no, but I was just hoping that now that it's October there might be some guidelines in place for those of us who purchased our vouchers ahead of time.

I know it's a long shot, but it would be nice.
Adding to the discussion here - we arrived and were able to do the swap. We had vouchers purchased a day before the recent price increase a few months ago and had planned to let those vouchers sit until later and take advantage of the PAP deal.

We arrived at the DHS GS booth and asked if they knew about the DVC PAP deal. The CM behind the window said yes and started the process of purchasing. I asked him to verify that our existing voucher existed in their system and to confirm that we could let that voucher sit unactivated until after the PAP expired. The gal at the other window leaned over and suggested that we just convert the voucher to the DVC deal and they could give us a refund for the difference.

5 minutes later we walked away with 2 new PAPs and a $~58 credit on our CC.
Chumpieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:44 AM   #36
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumpieboy View Post
Adding to the discussion here - we arrived and were able to do the swap. We had vouchers purchased a day before the recent price increase a few months ago and had planned to let those vouchers sit until later and take advantage of the PAP deal.

We arrived at the DHS GS booth and asked if they knew about the DVC PAP deal. The CM behind the window said yes and started the process of purchasing. I asked him to verify that our existing voucher existed in their system and to confirm that we could let that voucher sit unactivated until after the PAP expired. The gal at the other window leaned over and suggested that we just convert the voucher to the DVC deal and they could give us a refund for the difference.

This would be very welcomed news for some folks. It would be nice if it was the norm. I guess time will tell. If I was holding regular AP vouchers and going before Dec. I certainly would try to see if they would convert the vouchers before buying new PAPs.

n2mm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:50 AM   #37
drusba

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
I'm not following here. Are you saying they are charging $14 ($399-$385) and then charging tax on $399?
No that is not what I meant. You pay additional tax only on the additional $14 charge.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:49 AM   #38
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So in other words the ONLY group so far who hasn't been able to upgrade is those of us with ACTIVE 'new' APs? Hmm.. Talk about BAD show at Disney!

This is the response I received to my email

"Thank you for contacting DISNEY VACATION CLUB®.

We appreciate your correspondence and your taking the time to write to
us. Based on the nature of your comments, we have forwarded your
message to our Member Satisfaction Team for further review. Please
expect to be contacted again with regard to your message within 5
business days.

Thank you again for writing.

Sincerely,

Todd

Member Services | Online Communications
DISNEY VACATION CLUB"

Really? It's going to take you five days to respond.

All in all Disney's "customer service" on this has some flaws. In other words. " We didn't have a clue folks might want to upgrade to this and don't know what to do" (Really, didn't you get those phone calls earlier. Of course had you consistently responded then and stuck to it... LOL!)
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #39
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What????? I thought this wasn't allowed. Well, we are definitely going to try this next week then. Our vouchers have not been activated. I guess it doesn't hurt to try! I'll let my husband argue with them.

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV Upcoming Trip: October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!*
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #40
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelA

What????? I thought this wasn't allowed. Well, we are definitely going to try this next week then. Our vouchers have not been activated. I guess it doesn't hurt to try! I'll let my husband argue with them.
It's not. The PP got some pixie dust it sounds like. I would try if you want, but chances are it won't happen for you.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #41
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
No that is not what I meant. You pay additional tax only on the additional $14 charge.
Thanks. I didn't understand what you meant by not getting credit for the taxes and was bracing for a long discussion at the ticket window over this. In my case, I have a voucher worth $399 (before taxes) so I'm expecting an even swap, paying nothing out of pocket since I already paid the sales tax on the $399.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #42
SEC71
Mouseketeer

We arrive tomorrow and will probably just activate the regular DVC vouchers instead of spending more money on tickets. I am hoping for some Pixie dust! Not everyone has funds to buy two sets of tickets in one year, I think this is poor customer service.
SEC71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #43
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEC71 View Post
We arrive tomorrow and will probably just activate the regular DVC vouchers instead of spending more money on tickets. I am hoping for some Pixie dust! Not everyone has funds to buy two sets of tickets in one year, I think this is poor customer service.
Good luck!! Let us know if it works out for you. I agree, not everyone has the funds to sit on vouchers purchased months ago.

n2mm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #44
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm

This would be very welcomed news for some folks. It would be nice if it was the norm. I guess time will tell. If I was holding regular AP vouchers and going before Dec. I certainly would try to see if they would convert the vouchers before buying new PAPs.
I'm so glad they let you! I will try later this month as we purchased vouchers the day before the increase, too. We planned on starting out at Epcot but I might have to try DHS and hope for some pixie dust as well.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #45
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Re: what Chumpieboy shared.

For what it is worth and I can't share any specifics because honestly it is a work in progress, they are trying to make some adjustments to previously stated policy on this.

In their defense, there are always scenarios that until they happen they are not aware there needs to be a policy.

I would simply suggest one stay tuned for further notices.

Quote:
Please expect to be contacted again with regard to your message within 5 business days.
Also there are close to 500,000 members now, I don't think stating 5 days is unreasonable. It could be sooner but it might not therefore they would hate to stay we will be in touch in 48 hours and not be able to.

You know I am somewhat surprised about the sour grape comments about this offer. Some don't have the money, well you know some don't have the money to even purchase an annual pass to begin with. No one is forcing anyone to upgrade.

Prior to this offer those that bought vouchers had no intention of buying a PAP, now simply because there is a great deal they don't want what they were satisfied with prior to the offer.

I personally am glad for those that can make use of the offer, we won't but that is ok, I don't have to have everything someone else gets to be satisfied.

Last edited by Sammie; 10-04-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: