Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 07:24 AM   #2206
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIREST1OFALL View Post
Thank you for all of the warm welcomes! We're all getting very excited. I'm a complete Disney NUT! We're DL APs, DVC members (Kidani and Bay Lake), WDW APs, runDisney fanatics and now this. I guess we're just trying to round things out a bit!

davidls- Are you serious? A stolen FE that was personalized? How awful. So, do you mean like zip ties? Thanks for the heads up.
Yes, zip ties are what I was trying to say. We were very surprised ourselves when this happened. We did a back2back cruise on the Dream last September. We put out our 4 pocket fish extender on the fish bu our door. All was fine up to the last day. We came back early on our last day to start our packing to get off the ship the next day. I opened our cabin door because I thought I heard someone putting something in our FE. There was nothing in our FE and our FE was still there. Five minutes had not passed and Donna said why don't you go ahead and bring in our FE to pack away. I opened the door and it was gone. This was not an expensive item, but it was the idea that someone stole it. We were very disappointed to say the least. I contacted Customer Services to see if someone turned it in before we left the ship, but nothing. I called DCL when we got home and told them what had happened. They said someone would call me back in a couple of days. DCL did call back but nothing had been turned. We decided from now on we would bring the plastic zip ties to anchor our FE to the fish outside of our door from now on.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:09 AM   #2207
RUIZZO
Earning My Ears

That is horrible that someone would take your FE! I know they are not expensive but i still would have been livid. Good thing you shared about the zip ties I wouldnt have even considered that. Thank you.
RUIZZO is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #2208
DreamCruiser100
ARGHHHH........A Disney life for me!!!

It is with tears that I tell you We will no longer be on this cruise, If you are the praying type, please send up a word or two for my family and I. If anyone would like to take over the recipe book please send me a pm, I think I only have about 5 recipes, Wishing you the best cruise ever and hope to reschedule one day......

DreamCruiser (Pam)

I also need to be removed from the FE and Secret Mickey exchange

DreamCruiser100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:13 AM   #2209
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Pam,
So sorry you and your family will not be with us. I was looking forward to meeting you. Maybe in the future. Prayers going up and thanking you and Bert for all the prayers said on behalf of my family. The do help.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #2210
NWDAD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCruiser100 View Post
It is with tears that I tell you We will no longer be on this cruise, If you are the praying type, please send up a word or two for my family and I. If anyone would like to take over the recipe book please send me a pm, I think I only have about 5 recipes, Wishing you the best cruise ever and hope to reschedule one day......

DreamCruiser (Pam)

Pam, so sorry to hear that you will not be making the trip. Know that you and your family are in our prayers. Hope everything goes well,

Kevin
NWDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #2211
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!

Quote:

DreamCruiser (Pam)

Pam, so sorry that you won't be joining us. Definitely adding you to my prayer list.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #2212
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:

DreamCruiser (Pam)

Pam, Donna and I are sorry to hear you will not be joining us on this cruise. Be assured you are in our prayers as well. Hopefully we all well get to sail together soon.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
Old 10-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #2213
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

DreamCruiser (Pam)

Pam,
Sorry to hear you won't be joining us. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Let us kow when everything gets better please.
Skye
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #2214
WahineMinnie
Diverse Disney Traveler

Quote:

DreamCruiser (Pam)

Pam, I am sad to hear you won't be able to join us - we were only 2 doors away from you on the boat. We will for sure continue to pray for your family.

DCL Magic June 14 - 26, 2014, 30th Anniversary Trip
DCL Fantasy December 15 -22, 2012
DVC Beach Club Villas May 2012
DVC Vero Beach Villas May 2012
DVC Animal Kingdom June 2010
DVC Adventures by Disney Emerald Isle June 2009
DVC Wilderness Lodge Villas June 2007
DVC Saratoga Springs Villas August 2006
WDW Beach Club Resort December 2005
Disneyland Parks during 2005 Tournament of Roses Parade Tour (DD marched in TORP parade-DD's HS was THE Electric Light Parade. Rest of Disney's floats cancelled due to rain) December 2004/January 2005
DVC Old Key West Villas 1999 (stayed with sister, a founding DVC member)
WDW Port Orleans October 1994
WahineMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:25 PM   #2215
mstee777
Mouseketeer

Wow. So many pages in this thread. Looks like a very large, fun group. My family is in this cruise, along with a large group of family members. 8 staterooms, 24 people total.

I've been on one other DCL cruise and saw a bunch of the fish extenders. That seems like a lot of fun. I thought it was just a way to help you find your rooms. Did not realize there were huge group meets and such. I look forward to learning more through this forum. We already have our third DCL cruise booked for February out of Galveston. Nice to meet all of you.
mstee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:51 PM   #2216
DisneyDee27
Disney fanatic since '75

Quote:

DreamCruiser (Pam)

I'm sorry to hear that you and your family aren't sailing with us. I hope everything turns out ok. Take care,
Dee

DL 1975, WDW 1998, Tokyo DL/DS 2006, 2007 & 2013, Paris DL 2009, DCL Dream B2B 2011, 2013 & 2014, DCL Fantasy 2012 & 2014, HKDL 2013, DCL Magic 2014
DisneyDee27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #2217
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstee777 View Post
Wow. So many pages in this thread. Looks like a very large, fun group. My family is in this cruise, along with a large group of family members. 8 staterooms, 24 people total.

I've been on one other DCL cruise and saw a bunch of the fish extenders. That seems like a lot of fun. I thought it was just a way to help you find your rooms. Did not realize there were huge group meets and such. I look forward to learning more through this forum. We already have our third DCL cruise booked for February out of Galveston. Nice to meet all of you.
I would like to mstee777 and family to the cruise. so glad ya'll are joining us!! Yes we are a fun bunch of crazy people on here, but we are just having some fun to pass away the time until we set sail on the Fantasy. Again, welcome and join in on the crazyness!!!

Old 10-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #2218
taysalyn
DIS Veteran
not waiting for the tag fairies anymore! :)

Hiya mstee777 and welcome to the cruise -- please make sure you read through this thread. (yes there are tons of pages but I assure you it is an interesting read. Especially David's antics with something called the WWMC and a Mr. President. Very enlightening to say the least )

Also, please note post #1985 on page 132 and #2020 on page 135 -- those will give you some great information about the DIS meets and FE information.

1989 - Off site / 1991 - Off site / 2000 - Contemporary / 2001 - Off site / 2002 - All Stars Sports GPA2 / 2004 to 2006 - WDW Cast Member / 2007 - Wilderness Lodge & Off site MNSSHP / 2008 - Pop Century & Caribbean Beach / 2009 - Coronado Springs / 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge MVMCP / 2011 - Boardwalk Inn & DCL Dream #8508 / 2012 - DCL Fantasy #7676 / 2013 - Beach Club / 2014 - Grand Californian / 2015 - Yacht Club & DCL Wonder #TBA
taysalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #2219
WahineMinnie
Diverse Disney Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstee777 View Post

Welcome to the groupThis is a fun group, indeed!

If you are wanting to get in on the FE exchange, there was an initial cut-off of Oct 1st, with a hard cut-off date of Oct 15th, so you could still get in on the FE. I see you only have 5 posts, and you need 10 to be able to send a Private Message (PM) and to get on the FE list, you need to PM Luveeyore ASAP.

So...get busy reading and commenting so you can get to your 10 posts.

For the group meets, you can sign up for those and I think someone else gave post numbers to look at to do that, so I won't repeat myself - I know everyone is happy to hear that

DCL Magic June 14 - 26, 2014, 30th Anniversary Trip
DCL Fantasy December 15 -22, 2012
DVC Beach Club Villas May 2012
DVC Vero Beach Villas May 2012
DVC Animal Kingdom June 2010
DVC Adventures by Disney Emerald Isle June 2009
DVC Wilderness Lodge Villas June 2007
DVC Saratoga Springs Villas August 2006
WDW Beach Club Resort December 2005
Disneyland Parks during 2005 Tournament of Roses Parade Tour (DD marched in TORP parade-DD's HS was THE Electric Light Parade. Rest of Disney's floats cancelled due to rain) December 2004/January 2005
DVC Old Key West Villas 1999 (stayed with sister, a founding DVC member)
WDW Port Orleans October 1994
WahineMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #2220
mstee777
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the welcomes and the updates e. everyone. I will be sure to read through this thread. I'm do excited about the cruise! I have a 6 year old daughter and a 12 year old son. Both have cruised before, but this trip has been a long time coming. We booked in early 2011 and seemed like we would have to wait forever. Now I'm ready to pack. So excited!
mstee777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: