Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 06:20 AM   #16
jdtopgun71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawy1269 View Post
OP, while I was listening to the podcast, I originally thought Pete was serious...but then I realized what he was saying. YES, the candy is full of sugar, and the sugar-free variety is full of bad stuff too. But he was eating it anyway, because it is delicious!!! I've been listening to the show for a while now...every episode...every week. I guess I just know Pete's humor, and I know when he's making a joke, which was certainly the case here. The complaint is supposed to sound serious because it sets up the joke.
I have been listening to the show for a long time now and I don't think Pete would ever intentionally say or do anything to hurt anyone's feelings. My family and I had the pleasure of meeting Pete at the GKTW meet in Virginia last year and he was as gracious and accommodating in person as he is on the show. Keep up the good work you do Pete!
CBR Apr 2005/CSR Apr 2006/Hilton Grand Vacation Seaworld Mar 2008/HGVC Tuscany Jan 2009 (Took DS to WDW College Program)/HGVC Seaworld Apr 2009/WL Villas June 2010/POR Riverside 2010/HGVC Parc Soleil Nov 2011/HGVC Seaworld Dec 2011/Wyndham Lake Buena Vista/WL Villas June 2012/HGVC Seaworld Dec 2012

Me (43) DW (47) DS (24)DD (18)DD (17)
jdtopgun71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #17
KKDonaldFan
Earning My Ears

Yeah, Pete has a sarcastic sense of humor. Personally, I understood it as a joke...but I could see how someone might misinterpret it. No big deal.
KKDonaldFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #18
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

The more sarcasm the better.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #19
Justin Jett
I will do my Elvis impression at DAP, if Kevin will do a duet with me
I'm signed up and ready to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtopgun71 View Post
I have been listening to the show for a long time now and I don't think Pete would ever intentionally say or do anything to hurt anyone's feelings. My family and I had the pleasure of meeting Pete at the GKTW meet in Virginia last year and he was as gracious and accommodating in person as he is on the show. Keep up the good work you do Pete!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #20
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

I listened to it yesterday, and if you didn't know the parties involved, it did come of as harsh...but I know both sides and Pete was teasing...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #21
disprincessatheart
I was a Disney Bride 4.29.08

I listened this morning and I have to agree with the op AND everyone else. I have listened long enough to assume it was all sarcasm, and wasn't offended, BUT it really didn't come across that way in the recording for whatever reason.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #22
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Have not yet downloaded and listened to it, but I def am looking forward to it. I love the humor and understand the sarcasm ("Mythos").
I was driving home from work today and almost crashed my car listening to the podcast about the Nova Scotia GKTW event

So flipping funny
Old 10-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #23
msande
Earning My Ears

thank you

I want to thank Pete for this weeks rant. I was having a really "crappy" day and the podcast made me regret drinking water over my keyboard. I watched several of my staff walk by my office to check on me because I couldn't stop laughing. Thank you for making my day lighter.
msande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:51 AM   #24
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

I've thought about this thread a bit more today and have decided to re-open it for discussion.

Both positive and negative criticism of the podcast are welcome on this board (this has always been the case).

However, please remember that there are real people behind screen names. Please keep comments constructive and not sarcastic or argumentative as this violates our guidelines.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site

Last edited by *NikkiBell*; 10-05-2012 at 04:57 PM.
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #25
JVL1018
Forever Mickey's daughter
I hate stickers on fruit, it skeeves me.
If someone doesn't like it, tough noogies
"Nakey Boy to the rescue!!!"

I never even gave it a thought. Knew Pete was kidding.

I have to say I laughed SO hard at Kevin's Hoarders beep beep beep. OMG, hilarious! I'm sure I looked like a fool because I was out walking while I listened, snorting with laughter every time I heard beep in the background.

JVL1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #26
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Have not yet downloaded and listened to it, but I def am looking forward to it. I love the humor and understand the sarcasm ("Mythos").
I was driving home from work today and almost crashed my car listening to the podcast about the Nova Scotia GKTW event

So flipping funny
Ok... I listened to it. Mildly funny, a bit gross, but nothing to get worked up about.
I forgot about Olestra. And people with diabetes can enjoy candy with sugar (in controlled amounts of course) if they keep their blood sugar in control.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #27
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

I think the Disupluged podcast is somewhat like the Howard stern show in a way poel listen to it not just for the info but sometimes just the hear what Pete will say next.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #28
kbelle8995
DIS Veteran

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
I think the Disupluged podcast is somewhat like the Howard stern show in a way poel listen to it not just for the info but sometimes just the hear what Pete will say next.
Also Kevin, John or Teresa (Great Big ball of Mickey) for that matter. On the Teresa front, I still play the Kathy's visit to Legoland and just laugh hysterically.

I think that a warning on this podcast should be included.

WARNINGPodcast may make you laugh hysterically and make your co-workers wonder why you are dying of laughter.
kbelle8995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #29
disneym2m
I am only allowed to visit Disney World once every five years... darn husband. Co-host of the Virginia Dis Meet 2011.

I could see how things were said could be misunderstood or the joke wasn't understood, so give the original poster a break.

Most on the boards know about the crew's humor especially if they have listened for a while.
disneym2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #30
disneydad78
DDC #106
More important its about having some FUN!
We just LOVE its a small world!!;)

Hey Pete , If you dont want the cookies can I have them. Maybe the diarrhea AKA "mud butt" as we call it....will help me loose some weight for our up coming WDW trip!.

I thought it was funny, Podcast crew keep up the good work!

COREY---- GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!
DISDADS member #106
(DD 16)(DS 12)(DS 8)(DW 32)(ME 35)
OffSite ('92) OffSite ('05) BonnetCreek ('07) BonnetCreek ('08) POR ('09) POR ('10) POR MVMCP ('11) POR MVMCP ('12) upcoming POR MNSSHP ('13)
disneydad78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: