Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 04:50 AM   #16
one2admire
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geomom View Post
DH and I try to do the place WE want to eat at the most on the first night or very early in the trip. This came about after the 'sick' year, when both kids came down with the 24 hr. stomach bug--on 2 different days and caused us to miss the reservation we were most looking forward to. Other than that, we try to match parks/restaurants, alternate character meals with regular meals so no one OD's on the characters. We're also planning to do a character breakfast on our last day as a nice memory.
Same thing happened to us, DS got sick and we had to cancel too. We do dxdp so its usually character meals for breakfast and sigs for dinner. We may do 1 or 2 non-sigs at the end.

Last edited by one2admire; 10-04-2012 at 08:07 AM.
one2admire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #17
scojos
I want to be Tinkerbell and fly on the wire to start wishes
Thinks Disney studies should be taught in all schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2admire View Post
Same thing happened to us, DS got sick and we had to cancel too. We do dxdp so its usually character meals for breakfast and sigs for dinner. We may do 1 or 2 non-sigs at the end.
not sure we could cope with dxddp, american portions are alot larger than UK ones, after 3-4 days we start to flag lmao!!
we did V&A on our last day in 2010, and found the food was amazing but not too much, we werent uncomfortable iyswim....

Its DH s 40th bday while we are there and im trying to fit in a nice sig dinner for us, YSH is my choice at the mo... but may add another

thanks for all your replys guys xx
2010 - 2 weeks SSR free DDP 1 week creekside villa
2013- 2 weeks okw free ddp[/SIZE]
me dh ds1 ds2dd
scojos is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #18
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

For our upcoming honeymoon we are doing Le Cellier (dinner), Narcoossee's (Dinner), V&A Chef's Table on nights 4,5, and 7 respectively of our 8 day trip. We paired up Le Cellier on our Epcot day, Narcoossee's on our relaxed resort day, and V&A Chef's Table on our Animal Kingdom Day. We tried to match certain restaruants with certain parks or days. I wanted to do V&A Chef's Table on the first night we are going to be there but the last night was the only available night for it. I look at it as going out with a bang!! So for our first night we are still doing a nice dinner at Sanaa at 5 to snag a window table to view animals while eating while it is still light outside. For our trip We have the 3 sig. dining restaurants, but every day of our 8 day trip except for the last day we are doing 2 table service meals (1 on the last day since will not be there for dinner). Also, the one character meal we are doing is on day 3 of our trip (breakfast at Crystal Palace).

Last edited by disnmooner2013; 01-03-2013 at 08:01 PM.
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #19
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scojos View Post
we are unsure yet whether we will fly in on check in day (in which case we ll do a cs at dtd for speed) but if we travel in the day before and check into a cheap hotel for the night we thought about doing the GFC the first night, which ll gve the kids an idea of what to expect at a sig.... they have eaten nearly everywhere at non sig meals and have always behaved but hey... you never know!!

as for advice, you all do different things lmao... what did i expect???
Just an FYI: GFC (Grand Floridian Cafe) is a regular TS restaurant. It is not a signature.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #20
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

First and last are always special. With a bunch of good places in between! Lol! Have a great time!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:34 PM   #21
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scojos View Post
we are doing the ddp and are there for 14 nights, included in this will be the obligatory (but not amazing) character meals at CM etc, nicer places (imho) like Boma, ohanas and YSH.

i was wondering how you OCD planners organised your meal scedules? i have always teamed restaurants with parks, but was wondering if i should scedule better eateries at the start (we will enjoy them more, as its all "new"... or wait til the end of the holiday... let the food crushendo and eat buffets earlier so we get our moneys worth out of them (and none of the "meal was better at XXXX like last time

so my WDW nuts... whats your thoughts??
thanks
Tracy

ps my kids will eat most stuff but have very eclectic tastes in food, and appreciate good food, their fav is lecellier but we are skipping that this year to try a few new places xx

We book more towards the end of the trip. We are getting a bit tired by then and some more time off our feet is nice.
RedfromNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:58 AM   #22
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

We plan our meals according to the park we will be at. we do signatures almost everyday.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: