Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #31
tinks_1989
need a like button

I have started my TR :D
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:20 AM   #32
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Welcome back sorry it wasn't all you'd hoped it would be.

I loved seeing Elsie's photos, goodness how fast she is growing up.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 02:36 AM   #33
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears
Welcome back sorry it wasn't all you'd hoped it would be.

I loved seeing Elsie's photos, goodness how fast she is growing up.
I know I can't believe she is 19 months old next week x
Old 10-04-2012, 03:08 AM   #34
mum2threemonsters
Mouseketeer

We were a little uncertain in July as to when we'd return again, we had hot weather (very hot) but with 3 children in tow including a grumpy hyperactive 1 year old we find it really tiring. By the end of the 6 nights we were shattered and were glad to get home. However, starting last month we started thinking about the place again. My little boy (2 in Dec) saw some photos and said 'Mickeys House' (we thought he wouldnt remember) and our heart sunk. We'd had 2 fantastic trips beforehand and DLP to us is our secret getaway! We dont know many other people that have been to DLP let alone as often as we are and so even if we just getaway as a family it makes us happy. I think as the trips go on, you look for different things. We dont rush round trying to do everything. We take one thing at a time and just do what we want each day. Some days we didnt set off to the park till 2pm!

Give yourself some time and your views will change and Im sure you will then know whether you want to go back again. Elsie is only young so you have plenty of time! x

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]COLOR]
mum2threemonsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:22 AM   #35
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2threemonsters View Post
We were a little uncertain in July as to when we'd return again, we had hot weather (very hot) but with 3 children in tow including a grumpy hyperactive 1 year old we find it really tiring. By the end of the 6 nights we were shattered and were glad to get home. However, starting last month we started thinking about the place again. My little boy (2 in Dec) saw some photos and said 'Mickeys House' (we thought he wouldnt remember) and our heart sunk. We'd had 2 fantastic trips beforehand and DLP to us is our secret getaway! We dont know many other people that have been to DLP let alone as often as we are and so even if we just getaway as a family it makes us happy. I think as the trips go on, you look for different things. We dont rush round trying to do everything. We take one thing at a time and just do what we want each day. Some days we didnt set off to the park till 2pm!

Give yourself some time and your views will change and Im sure you will then know whether you want to go back again. Elsie is only young so you have plenty of time! x
This was my 14th trip to Disneyland Paris and I just didnt feel the same buzz there like I have before. I am glad they have Dreams but if that is where all the money is going and the rest of the park has to suffer things being closed etc I would rather go with out it.

Trust me we took it slow in 4 days we only rode 3 rides Its a small world, Buzz Lightyear Lazer blast and Pirates of the Caribbean. We couldnt of done it at a much slower pace. We walked at Elsie's speed and barely left Main Street as she was so happy taking it all in.

But when you go to a character meal (and they aren't cheap once Elsie is 3 we wont ever go because I am not paying nearly 30 Euros for her to eat nothing) and the characters just stop for a photo and sign your book its not worth it. In March Minnie Mouse sat with us and fed Elsie and was just brilliant. The year before Stitch got on the floor with her as she could only crawl was brilliant. I know there are a lot of people there and they have to see every one but I just think we had it so good before we were sorting of expecting it every time. If we hadn't of been to CowBoy Cookout and had it save our holiday I dont even think I would of posted on this part of the board ever again as I was so disappointed with Disneyland Paris. The smoking, the cost of everything just seemed ridiculous, the souvenirs were so similar to the stuff in the Disney Store, the park opening at 10 yet some rides being closed till 11 - 11.30, the scrums.

I know I will come round to the idea of going back but I just don't think I can twist DH's arm any more he has never enjoyed DLP after going to WDW.

DLP to me though is some where really special I went there with my grandparents who are now longer with us and just feel like it is some where special to me.

The main park to me is beautiful the castle is just gorgeous but the Studios is just well to me it looks like an industrial estate. We spent an hour there is that. The character meet and greet there is so poor and so is Stars and Cars. Just nothing there for us to want to even go in there any more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: