Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #2401
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarabel View Post
Thanks for your response, apologies for being a dunce and not noticing this on page 1!

I suspect even if everyone else is wearing said wooly hat we'll still be trying to catch some rays along SAB
We've felt pretty deprived this summer in these northern climes
No problem! There's a lot of info there, and it makes it very easy for me to answer questions since I know where to find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&C View Post
From a fellow Brit, it will be tropical compared to home!!
We have floated round the lazy river at Blizzard Beach the beginning of Nov very happily, the lifeguards did have jackets on and thought we were nuts but we were warm.
We were also stopped by the lifeguards at Santa Monica beach the end of October for sitting on the beach reading wondering if we were OK the temp was only 76!!

We have had the odd cool early morning/late evening at that time of year (7.30am character breakfast @ MK)

I have more of a problem with the fierce air con in shops/restaurants than outside.

We have been happy in short/t-shirts with a hoody/fleece for morning,evening and air con and I would pack a pair of capri's in case of cooler weather.
And that is exactly why the first line to the answer is "Where are you from?" I am in New England, and fairly tolerant of cool temps and pools as well.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #2402
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Teena, Welcome back! Thanks for sharing your cruise pictures w/us. I always enjoy hearing about your adventures.
Have fun visiting Jeanne and Lily! I haven't been to Disneyland since the early 90's. I enjoyed it, but WDW is the best!

Dee, Seeing the Noodles are on holiday, I'm glad we have the "flat travelers" Looking forward to more of their adventures!

To all heading to the world soon, Have a wonderful time!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #2403
Clarabel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&C View Post
From a fellow Brit, it will be tropical compared to home!!
We have floated round the lazy river at Blizzard Beach the beginning of Nov very happily, the lifeguards did have jackets on and thought we were nuts but we were warm.
We were also stopped by the lifeguards at Santa Monica beach the end of October for sitting on the beach reading wondering if we were OK the temp was only 76!!

We have had the odd cool early morning/late evening at that time of year (7.30am character breakfast @ MK)

I have more of a problem with the fierce air con in shops/restaurants than outside.

We have been happy in short/t-shirts with a hoody/fleece for morning,evening and air con and I would pack a pair of capri's in case of cooler weather.
Really helpful explanation, thanks, I s'pose it really is a case of what you're used too. Thanks esp. for the steer on clothing, gives me a really good idea of what to expect.... and it sounds good!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #2404
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets

I am almost packed (my DH, not so much). Still have to get through one more day at school and then my shift at penney's tomorrow night. Can't wait until we go under the WDW arch Friday morning
Old 10-04-2012, 04:34 AM   #2405
Clarabel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kteacher View Post
I am almost packed (my DH, not so much). Still have to get through one more day at school and then my shift at penney's tomorrow night. Can't wait until we go under the WDW arch Friday morning
Hope your busy day passes quickly! Looking forward to hearing what you make of the Beach Club....
Old 10-04-2012, 06:40 AM   #2406
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarabel View Post
Hope your busy day passes quickly! Looking forward to hearing what you make of the Beach Club....
Thank you . Pretty much packed right now, and just printed out our boarding passes. Will try to post some live updates from my phone.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:06 AM   #2407
Steph H
That Loud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Real Ben loves Big Thunder and Space Mountain, is not too keen on Everest and has not been on RockNRoller Coaster, but Flat Ben is fearless. No matter how scary something is, his expression never changes!
LOL!! Love it! My kids will make an adventurer out of him, I suspect.

Quote:
And that is exactly why the first line to the answer is "Where are you from?" I am in New England, and fairly tolerant of cool temps and pools as well.
I suspect my northern kids will be all over that pool no matter the temps in early December.

Enjoying the TR, Cindy!

GF Sugarloaf 10/05
YC CL 12/12

Trip Report: Yacht Club December 2012, How I Survived Disneyworld on Weight Watchers
Old 10-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #2408
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph H View Post
I suspect my northern kids will be all over that pool no matter the temps in early December.
I remember the very first time I ever went to Florida. It was March and the first day, I was in the pool. There was another guy there who said "you must be from New England if you're already in the pool". He said that nobody from Florida would be in the pool since it was only in the 70's. I told him it was 26 degrees when I left Massachusetts, so I was taking advantage of the 70's and the pool.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 10-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #2409
skepace
Mouseketeer

5 more days!

Just checked again with my kids' school and there is no school for two of the days we will be gone so they will only miss 3 days of school for going to WDW for a week!

So lucky!!

Any new closures at any of the parks that maybe hasn't been announced?

http://shawnpace.myoilproducts.com
Old 10-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #2410
natebenma
DIS Veteran

PHEW!!! I think I am all caught up! Over 10 pages since Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindysMom View Post
To do online check in or not to do online checkin? That is the question. We leave in 10 days. We're traveling with two adult children and would really prefer a room with a day bed. Should I do online check in or arrive and beg? Thoughts from the experts?
CindysMom

I will add you to the Be Our Guest lit for October. Are you staying at BC or YC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
It doesn't surprise me that the noodles may have a mind of their own. We wish them luck in their travels!!

I did want to take a second and say thanks Dee! You do a great job on this thread, and your work is so appreciated!!!
Thanks for your kind words! I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimommy View Post
can anyone tell me how long it takes to get to mk from bc on the bus? I really want to stay at bc, but we are planning on spending most of our time at mk... so I think it might be a better choice to stay at a mk resort. I really dont like taking the buses... but maybe its worth it?

Thanks!
to the thread!

Good luck with your decision! Let us know if you have any more questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingCamper View Post
Thanks the info about the club!

Do you have an upcoming trip to the resort planned, or are visiting one of the restaurants there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodonthesaddle View Post
Already checked into BC will be arriving Saturday morning! 5 more nights of sleep before F&W!

I'll add you to the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita46 View Post
We will be back to celebrate my sister's new job with Hospice.
October 27 - Nov 2
BC - Club

Thanks for posting the activities schedule...was kinda hoping Halloween week movies would include "Howl's Moving Castle". Such a fun movie....

Welcome back Teena...but looks like we will just miss seeing you this year.

Congrats to your sister on the new job. That is such important work she will be doing!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

Last edited by natebenma; 10-04-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #2411
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Wow! That guitar looks a lot smaller close-up!

This picture from Hollywood Studios made me smile! To check out more of The Adventures of the Three Flat Amigos, click on the link in my signature.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #2412
anita46
Mouseketeer

Thanks Dee
10 trips on-site Poly, Dixie Landings, GF from 1979 to 2000, 2000 - Portofino Bay/YC /BWI - March,2000 - BC - November,2001 - BC/Poly, 2002 - Disney Paris - June, 2003 - BC - October, 2004 - BC- POFQ, AKL- November, 2005 - YC - October, 2006 - BC - October, 2007 - BC - November, 2008 - BWI - April, 2008 - BC - October, 2009 - YC - Oct/Nov, 2010 - HGKDisney - Oct., 2010 - BC - Nov, 2011 - BC - Oct-Nov, 2012 - BWI - Oct-Nov, 2013

Old 10-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #2413
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kteacher View Post
Thank you . Pretty much packed right now, and just printed out our boarding passes. Will try to post some live updates from my phone.
You are so close. Tomorrow you will be Enjoy

Quote:
Wow! That guitar looks a lot smaller close-up!

This picture from Hollywood Studios made me smile! To check out more of The Adventures of the Three Flat Amigos, click on the link in my signature.
That picture is great. I am jealous of the 3 flat amigos, but enjoy living vicariously through them

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 10-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #2414
jakeybake
DIS Veteran

I'm about 60 days away from my annual Orlando conference. It takes place at the Marriott Grand but there is no way I can stay off site when I'm down there.

The flip side of that is that my work pays for my trip so I can't stay at my beloved BC!!! As of right now I'm booked at POR for 4 nights.

I know I'm not supposed to look a gift horse in the mouth but I can't help but a be a little bummed about not being at the BC. I know I will be back in August for our annual family trip but still just a smidge bummed out!! The only good thing is that I can still stop over anytime I want and say hello to Teena!!!

Help me through it BC friends!!!

Jay
Old 10-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #2415
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeybake View Post
I'm about 60 days away from my annual Orlando conference. It takes place at the Marriott Grand but there is no way I can stay off site when I'm down there.

The flip side of that is that my work pays for my trip so I can't stay at my beloved BC!!! As of right now I'm booked at POR for 4 nights.

I know I'm not supposed to look a gift horse in the mouth but I can't help but a be a little bummed about not being at the BC. I know I will be back in August for our annual family trip but still just a smidge bummed out!! The only good thing is that I can still stop over anytime I want and say hello to Teena!!!

Help me through it BC friends!!!

Jay
I was at All Star Movies with 145 Teenagers for 5 days in June. I survived!

Last edited by natebenma; 10-04-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: