Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #2401
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 12,134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarabel View Post
Thanks for your response, apologies for being a dunce and not noticing this on page 1!

I suspect even if everyone else is wearing said wooly hat we'll still be trying to catch some rays along SAB
We've felt pretty deprived this summer in these northern climes
No problem! There's a lot of info there, and it makes it very easy for me to answer questions since I know where to find it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by K&C View Post
From a fellow Brit, it will be tropical compared to home!!
We have floated round the lazy river at Blizzard Beach the beginning of Nov very happily, the lifeguards did have jackets on and thought we were nuts but we were warm.
We were also stopped by the lifeguards at Santa Monica beach the end of October for sitting on the beach reading wondering if we were OK the temp was only 76!!

We have had the odd cool early morning/late evening at that time of year (7.30am character breakfast @ MK)

I have more of a problem with the fierce air con in shops/restaurants than outside.

We have been happy in short/t-shirts with a hoody/fleece for morning,evening and air con and I would pack a pair of capri's in case of cooler weather.
And that is exactly why the first line to the answer is "Where are you from?" I am in New England, and fairly tolerant of cool temps and pools as well.
natebenma is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #2402
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran
 
BLTtinkerbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 1,789

Teena, Welcome back! Thanks for sharing your cruise pictures w/us. I always enjoy hearing about your adventures.
Have fun visiting Jeanne and Lily! I haven't been to Disneyland since the early 90's. I enjoyed it, but WDW is the best!

Dee, Seeing the Noodles are on holiday, I'm glad we have the "flat travelers" Looking forward to more of their adventures!

To all heading to the world soon, Have a wonderful time!
__________________


BLTtinkerbell is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #2403
Clarabel
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&C View Post
From a fellow Brit, it will be tropical compared to home!!
We have floated round the lazy river at Blizzard Beach the beginning of Nov very happily, the lifeguards did have jackets on and thought we were nuts but we were warm.
We were also stopped by the lifeguards at Santa Monica beach the end of October for sitting on the beach reading wondering if we were OK the temp was only 76!!

We have had the odd cool early morning/late evening at that time of year (7.30am character breakfast @ MK)

I have more of a problem with the fierce air con in shops/restaurants than outside.

We have been happy in short/t-shirts with a hoody/fleece for morning,evening and air con and I would pack a pair of capri's in case of cooler weather.
Really helpful explanation, thanks, I s'pose it really is a case of what you're used too. Thanks esp. for the steer on clothing, gives me a really good idea of what to expect.... and it sounds good!
Clarabel is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #2404
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets
 
Kteacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Ma
Posts: 5,691

I am almost packed (my DH, not so much). Still have to get through one more day at school and then my shift at penney's tomorrow night. Can't wait until we go under the WDW arch Friday morning
__________________
DXL '99, DXL '01, CR '02, CR '03, CR '04, CR '05, Poly '06 CR '06, CR '07, Poly '08,Poly June '09, Poly Oct. '09,Poly '10, Poly '11, Beach Club '12,Boardwalk '14
Kteacher is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 04:34 AM   #2405
Clarabel
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kteacher View Post
I am almost packed (my DH, not so much). Still have to get through one more day at school and then my shift at penney's tomorrow night. Can't wait until we go under the WDW arch Friday morning
Hope your busy day passes quickly! Looking forward to hearing what you make of the Beach Club....
Clarabel is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 06:40 AM   #2406
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets
 
Kteacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Ma
Posts: 5,691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarabel View Post
Hope your busy day passes quickly! Looking forward to hearing what you make of the Beach Club....
Thank you . Pretty much packed right now, and just printed out our boarding passes. Will try to post some live updates from my phone.
__________________
DXL '99, DXL '01, CR '02, CR '03, CR '04, CR '05, Poly '06 CR '06, CR '07, Poly '08,Poly June '09, Poly Oct. '09,Poly '10, Poly '11, Beach Club '12,Boardwalk '14
Kteacher is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:06 AM   #2407
Steph H
That Loud Redhead
 
Steph H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Farmland south of Detroit
Posts: 342

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Real Ben loves Big Thunder and Space Mountain, is not too keen on Everest and has not been on RockNRoller Coaster, but Flat Ben is fearless. No matter how scary something is, his expression never changes!
LOL!! Love it! My kids will make an adventurer out of him, I suspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
And that is exactly why the first line to the answer is "Where are you from?" I am in New England, and fairly tolerant of cool temps and pools as well.
I suspect my northern kids will be all over that pool no matter the temps in early December.

Enjoying the TR, Cindy!
__________________
Steph H
DH Me DS10 DS6

GF Sugarloaf 10/05
YC CL 12/12


Trip Report: Yacht Club December 2012, How I Survived Disneyworld on Weight Watchers
Steph H is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #2408
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus
 
kelleigh1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Behind Gillette Stadium
Posts: 7,701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph H View Post
I suspect my northern kids will be all over that pool no matter the temps in early December.
I remember the very first time I ever went to Florida. It was March and the first day, I was in the pool. There was another guy there who said "you must be from New England if you're already in the pool". He said that nobody from Florida would be in the pool since it was only in the 70's. I told him it was 26 degrees when I left Massachusetts, so I was taking advantage of the 70's and the pool.
__________________

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA







kelleigh1 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #2409
skepace
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 146

5 more days!

Just checked again with my kids' school and there is no school for two of the days we will be gone so they will only miss 3 days of school for going to WDW for a week!

So lucky!!

Any new closures at any of the parks that maybe hasn't been announced?
__________________
Last visit - October 2008 - Saratoga Springs, October 2012 - Yacht Club



http://shawnpace.myoilproducts.com
skepace is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #2410
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 12,134

PHEW!!! I think I am all caught up! Over 10 pages since Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindysMom View Post
To do online check in or not to do online checkin? That is the question. We leave in 10 days. We're traveling with two adult children and would really prefer a room with a day bed. Should I do online check in or arrive and beg? Thoughts from the experts?
CindysMom

I will add you to the Be Our Guest lit for October. Are you staying at BC or YC?



Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
It doesn't surprise me that the noodles may have a mind of their own. We wish them luck in their travels!!

I did want to take a second and say thanks Dee! You do a great job on this thread, and your work is so appreciated!!!
Thanks for your kind words! I appreciate it!


Quote:
Originally Posted by chimommy View Post
can anyone tell me how long it takes to get to mk from bc on the bus? I really want to stay at bc, but we are planning on spending most of our time at mk... so I think it might be a better choice to stay at a mk resort. I really dont like taking the buses... but maybe its worth it?

Thanks!
to the thread!

Good luck with your decision! Let us know if you have any more questions.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingCamper View Post
Thanks the info about the club!


Do you have an upcoming trip to the resort planned, or are visiting one of the restaurants there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodonthesaddle View Post
Already checked into BC will be arriving Saturday morning! 5 more nights of sleep before F&W!


I'll add you to the list!




Quote:
Originally Posted by anita46 View Post
We will be back to celebrate my sister's new job with Hospice.
October 27 - Nov 2
BC - Club

Thanks for posting the activities schedule...was kinda hoping Halloween week movies would include "Howl's Moving Castle". Such a fun movie....

Welcome back Teena...but looks like we will just miss seeing you this year.


Congrats to your sister on the new job. That is such important work she will be doing!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list


Last edited by natebenma; 10-04-2012 at 10:41 AM.
natebenma is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #2411
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 12,134

Wow! That guitar looks a lot smaller close-up!




This picture from Hollywood Studios made me smile! To check out more of The Adventures of the Three Flat Amigos, click on the link in my signature.
natebenma is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #2412
anita46
Mouseketeer
 
anita46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Ohio
Posts: 283

Thanks Dee
__________________
10 trips on-site Poly, Dixie Landings, GF from 1979 to 2000, 2000 - Portofino Bay/YC /BWI - March,2000 - BC - November,2001 - BC/Poly, 2002 - Disney Paris - June, 2003 - BC - October, 2004 - BC- POFQ, AKL- November, 2005 - YC - October, 2006 - BC - October, 2007 - BC - November, 2008 - BWI - April, 2008 - BC - October, 2009 - YC - Oct/Nov, 2010 - HGKDisney - Oct., 2010 - BC - Nov, 2011 - BC - Oct-Nov, 2012 - BWI - Oct-Nov, 2013

anita46 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #2413
Couchy
DIS Veteran
 
Couchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 1,200 miles away
Posts: 1,774

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kteacher View Post
Thank you . Pretty much packed right now, and just printed out our boarding passes. Will try to post some live updates from my phone.
You are so close. Tomorrow you will be Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Wow! That guitar looks a lot smaller close-up!




This picture from Hollywood Studios made me smile! To check out more of The Adventures of the Three Flat Amigos, click on the link in my signature.
That picture is great. I am jealous of the 3 flat amigos, but enjoy living vicariously through them
__________________
Me DH

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Couchy is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #2414
jakeybake
DIS Veteran
 
jakeybake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 997

I'm about 60 days away from my annual Orlando conference. It takes place at the Marriott Grand but there is no way I can stay off site when I'm down there.

The flip side of that is that my work pays for my trip so I can't stay at my beloved BC!!! As of right now I'm booked at POR for 4 nights.

I know I'm not supposed to look a gift horse in the mouth but I can't help but a be a little bummed about not being at the BC. I know I will be back in August for our annual family trip but still just a smidge bummed out!! The only good thing is that I can still stop over anytime I want and say hello to Teena!!!

Help me through it BC friends!!!

Jay
jakeybake is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #2415
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 12,134

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeybake View Post
I'm about 60 days away from my annual Orlando conference. It takes place at the Marriott Grand but there is no way I can stay off site when I'm down there.

The flip side of that is that my work pays for my trip so I can't stay at my beloved BC!!! As of right now I'm booked at POR for 4 nights.

I know I'm not supposed to look a gift horse in the mouth but I can't help but a be a little bummed about not being at the BC. I know I will be back in August for our annual family trip but still just a smidge bummed out!! The only good thing is that I can still stop over anytime I want and say hello to Teena!!!

Help me through it BC friends!!!

Jay
I was at All Star Movies with 145 Teenagers for 5 days in June. I survived!


Last edited by natebenma; 10-04-2012 at 12:42 PM.
natebenma is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Š 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: