Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 01:36 AM   #16
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

Cool! I didn't know you were going to sail from Galveston! I'm here, too!

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #17
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
WOO HOO! I'm in!

You look adorable!
I knew I had to send you a message first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Subbing! Can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by photographymom517 View Post
Here!!!! Sounds like fun!!!

You're lucky to have a friend like that whom you've stayed in touch with all these years!!! Can't wait to hear all about your journey!!!
Yes. I was vry happy that our friendship has survived all these years and we had such a good time together. She has thanked me over and over for bringing her along and even has sent me texts since we've been home thanking me again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sager1969 View Post
I am in! I love a little wackiness in my life. Thanks for sharing.
My whole life is a little whacky at times! Thanks for joinng in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Can't wait to hear all about it. Take your time, I'll be away for the next 10 days.

Jill in CO
You will have plenty of time to catch back up when I am gone in Nov. I can't beleive how fast that trip is now approaching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Jumping aboard another trip report!
Welcome Lisa!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I'm so here!!

Love your 1st picture! Must have been having too much of that fun!
Thats my sexy pose.....because you know me...I'm all about being sexy.
We did have a great time. I wish it didn't have to end...and we really want to try and do this yearly or at least every 2 years. It was just really nice to get away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Excellent! Can't wait to hear about your trip!
Welcome! I hope to get a bit more posted today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
I'm here! Can't wait to hear all about it!!
Welcome! It was such a nice time. Adult time is really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanlover View Post
I have read ALL of your trip reports. You take such beautiful pictures and give such detailed reports, I decided to finally quit lurking!
I am so glad you came out of lurkdom. Thanks. I really love to take pictures...good and bad ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
I'm here! I can't wait for all the pictures!

I love your pic you posted it looks like you were having the best time!
Hi Kathy! We sure did have some fun. We are not a bunch of wild girls, but we have fun in our own geeky way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Love that first pic Jen!
Thanks Cass! It was such a nioce trip. I am so glad I got to see the Magic for myself. Sadly, I am becoming addicted to crusing with DCL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I might just make the first page ............

I am in, Jen! Can't wait to read all about it.
You made it! You are so good too. I am still not caught up on your TR since I got back. Where does the time go each day. I already put an hour of work in and it doesn't seem like I got much done. And I need to start working on the FE's for my next cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post
Cool! I didn't know you were going to sail from Galveston! I'm here, too!
It was really last minute. It was booked about 6 weeks out. I had "thought" we would most likely be taking a New England cruise on the "other" line. But when that didn't come through, this was such a great opprotunity to see the Magic and a new port too. I would normally never even consider Galveston. I now can say the port was nice (not Port Canaveral nice, but still nice) and Texas was very friendly and happy to have Disney.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #18
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I knew I had to send you a message first.

And you know I have no life and don't get more than 10 feet from my computer these days?

Actually, someone on the November ADR cancellation thread was letting 3 BOG ADRs go and I was camped out trying to get one. No.... no..... stop laughing. I don't want or need another one. But I have a friend going that week who got the word ADRs started at noon that day and didn't get my email about he 7 AM switch until it was too late. I wanted to get one then release it to her, but failed miserably. What a waste of a perfectly good hour!

But the silver lining?..............

Jen started her trip report!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #19
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
And you know I have no life and don't get more than 10 feet from my computer these days?

Actually, someone on the November ADR cancellation thread was letting 3 BOG ADRs go and I was camped out trying to get one. No.... no..... stop laughing. I don't want or need another one. But I have a friend going that week who got the word ADRs started at noon that day and didn't get my email about he 7 AM switch until it was too late. I wanted to get one then release it to her, but failed miserably. What a waste of a perfectly good hour!

But the silver lining?..............

Jen started her trip report!
Too funny. I am usually not too far from a computer either. Actually it was the ardest part of the cruise...not being able to check emails whenever i felt like it.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #20
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

This post will not have pictures…but I promise there will be MANY coming up soon.

The week prior to sailing, Lisa and I started phoning each other a bit more. She was very nervous and not sure what to pack. I went over some of the list of things she should have and things I was bringing that she wouldn’t need to have, like a blow dryer and bonine, etc.

Sept 20 (Thursday) rolls around. The night before our departure day.…..It was a busy one for me. I had to be sure I had things packed for Claire. She was going to be going back and forth between her Grandmas’s, so I had to have 2 suitcases packed for her. 1 Grandma lives right next door, so if anything was forgotten, she could run over and get it (and evidently that means toys…as many seemed to make their way over to MIL’s while I was gone). My Mom doesn’t live too far away and it’s an easy stop here to pick up anything if it was forgotten as well.
After school we took everything over to MIL’s house and gave her Claire’s planning itinerary. Yes, I made one for Claire’s grandmas and a friend who would be picking up Claire a couple of the days after school. I wanted to try and make it go smoothly and to give everyone each other’s phone numbers, etc.
It was also Family Fun night at Claire’s school. I made an early dinner, since Claire rarely eats at events like this, and I wanted to be sure she got something in her stomach that wasn’t junk, and then we headed off for a night of fun activities at the school.
They had a DJ and all the kids had such a great time. Normally I would take pictures, but with all the rushing and getting ready, I didn’t even think about bringing a camera this night.
Towards the end of the night, Lisa called one last time. She was on her way to Meijer and picking up the last things she needed. We chatted a bit and I told her my goal would be to be at her house around 5:30 AM. YIKES…that sounded so early! I was going to get up at 4:30, but she was getting up at 3:30. She wanted to get up and have her body adjust to the early hour.
The dance ended and Claire and I headed off to my Moms. Claire was dropped off and we gave big hugs and kisses, but she was practically kicking me out the door. Her cousin was going to be arriving soon to spend the night as well, (neither had school on Friday and my Mom took the day off of work to keep them both) and she had no interest in me hanging around. PLUS, my Mom had made a treasure hunt, so as soon as Cousin Alexis (Who will be sailing with us in Nov.) arrived, they could get started on that fun.

I went home, finished packing the last minute things items and loaded suitcases in the car.
Skip was in the house…and of course bothering me. He thinks it’s funny to ask many questions while I am busy. He did, however give me some cash to take. He gave me his wallet and told me to take what I needed…Um…not a wise thing to do. I told him to give me what he wanted to give me. I didn’t want to hear later that I took too much. He gave me $200. I was good with that.
Then he continued to tell me to take more because we would be “laying” in the bars all the time. That is so not us. And he knows it, but it was funny. I did end up taking $20 more just to make him happy.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #21
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Yay! Thanks so much for taking the time to do a TR! Looking forward to the rest.

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night,July 2015 - DCL Magic-12N - N. Europe
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:30 AM   #22
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukintheus View Post
Yay! Thanks so much for taking the time to do a TR! Looking forward to the rest.
Thanks for joining in. I love reliving my trips via TR's.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #23
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Hey Jennifer!!! I can't wait to read all about your trip!!!!
hlrababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #24
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Whoa!! Chad would be in trouble if he handed me his wallet and told me to take what I wanted!!!
hlrababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #25
Dallas_Lady
I only work for the vacation money

Subbing! I'm a Texan who is dreaming of taking one of these Galveston cruises.
Dallas_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #26
Ajojo
Mouseketeer

Cant wait to hear more.

This Texan will be on a girls gettaway cruise in a few weeks!
Ajojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #27
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Hey Jennifer!!! I can't wait to read all about your trip!!!!
Hope to get more up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Whoa!! Chad would be in trouble if he handed me his wallet and told me to take what I wanted!!!
I know!!! Thats why I didn't take it. There could've been a divorce then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Lady View Post
Subbing! I'm a Texan who is dreaming of taking one of these Galveston cruises.

Welcome. I hope you can do this cruise. it was really nice. The ship is fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajojo View Post
Cant wait to hear more.

This Texan will be on a girls gettaway cruise in a few weeks!
How exciting. You will have a ball. Go in making sure you all know that it's OK to seperate and do things on your own. I know for some that can cause issues...but we went in knowing that we may want to do things the other didn't and were Ok to do stuff on our own too.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #28
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

I'm here! So excited for this TR! Oh I just HATE it when people tell me to take more money lol!
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #29
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
I'm here! So excited for this TR! Oh I just HATE it when people tell me to take more money lol!
I know...I mean I could do lots of shopping...if you insist on it!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #30
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Another trip report??I am in!!
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: