Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2012, 12:23 AM   #10
Alifay
Emotes in shades of pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Wow! I love those invites! And I am ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE with that bolero! Amazing!
Thank you! I am trying to get a swatch of the bolero, but the seller says she doesn't offer swatches -- I am offering to buy one, I really need to compare the colors before I invest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream View Post
I was looking at the same invites for myself, but then I decided that it wasn't really the theme I was going for. But I do think they would be perfect for your wedding/theme! I also love the bolero and congrats on getting the dress on sale! I will have to PM you to see it! I'm trying to hold off on dress shopping, because I know once I have it I will want to wear it and probably will find excuses to try it on. I hope everything goes well when your dad comes to visit
I love the carriage background in those invites SO much :D. I keep thinking about trying on my dress ... but luckily it is stored safely at Mom's house! Thanks very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverarrowknits View Post
I am loving your planning journal so far! If my DF and I weren't poor graduate students, we totally would be getting married at the castle. I am so excited to be able to live vicariously through you! :

I also love the idea of a pretty marriage contract. The idea hadn't even crossed my mind. I guess I will be adding another item to the ever growing to do list.

I can't wait to read more about your plans.
I am so hoping the Castle works out for us ... it is the *one* big ticket item we are looking at, which is why you'll see me searching for deals on everything else.

Yes! I need to keep searching for an affordable contract ... Thanks much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Just caught up on the PJ and I'm loving all the new updates. All the ideas you have for the Main Street theme are fabulous - having the mayor and Dapper Dans, would be totally amazing! And I love that Main Street and Cinderella are kind of combining into a single idea - the castle is at the end of Main Street after all! I love your invite ideas and the monograms are really cute too! Also, the second of the attire items you linked to is amazing. I love it!

I've never heard of that decorative marriage contract idea either. It kind of makes a lot of sense when you hear it, but I'd have never thought of it. May have to look into myself too....

Anyway, looking forward to reading more!
Thanks so much! It would be so cool if we can get the Mayor and Dapper Dan's, we will see what time will tell .

Yeah, the marriage contract is a very old Jewish tradition and I just adore it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdbuddy View Post
Hey there!

I have enjoyed reading your PJ so far (I've been secretly lurking in the background)... Super jealous of your castle wedding! We don't have nearly the flexibility needed to have one.

I just wanted to give you a quick update on the STDs because we are planning on doing the same thing. We were in WDW a few weeks ago, and started asking for some blank keys. Disney just changed their key to the world cards to a system where you just hold the key in front of the lock, not actually stick it in the slot. That means that the keys are a lot more expensive now. I tried to ask if they had old keys in the back that they were looking to get rid of, but apparently if they returned them to a recycling program or something, they got money for them. You may have better luck than we did, but the best we did was get one blank one that we could scan into the computer and use to reproduce.
Thanks so much for that update!! We are headed to WDW on Sunday so we will have to double check, if not -- well that is just something new I get to shop for :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by longwaybycarriage View Post
Castle wedding?

Can't wait to see how it all comes together! I love the colours you've chosen and I've been drooling over the invites you've posted...oh and main street is the theme for the house we will one day build

The no kids thing...we're still trying to figuring our way around that.
Main St themed house?!! OH SNAP! That sounds so perfect and awesome and !! Too cool. Love it, love it so much.

Yeah .. kids. Hmmm ..
Alifay is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: