Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #406
wakica
DIS Veteran

So glad to see I'm not the only one with long waits between updates. lol. We are swamped in the fall too with back to school stuff going on, everyone wanting fall photos bc of the leaves changing and DD is doing cheer this year so we are running her around to that alot too. Add into that picking up items you need for school that you didn't know about, packing for retreats that they have at the beginning of the year, getting the yard in shape before the cold hits in and it's SO hard to find time for the extras.

anyway, wanted to say your not the only one that is spoiled by the smoother coasters. And I was all prepared to blame it on us getting older but found that my DD was much more picky with coasters this year too!!! She found some of her former faves like RnR not as enjoyable bc she felt too jolted around so maybe it's not just age??? I like to think so anyway. LOL

Me dh dd(16)
Old 09-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #407
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

Excellent pics of your family on SM. I wish that A, I could afford a good camera like that and B, could take the time to use a camera properly and use one right!

Great update again.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #408
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Great start to your last day even in the rain.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 10-04-2012, 12:09 AM   #409
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I hate that it rained on you on your last day, boo!

I agree with you that BTMRR is pretty jerky, but I still love it and can ride over and over again. Space however, well, that one has become too rough for this aging body and once is enough...
Old 10-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #410
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
So glad to see I'm not the only one with long waits between updates. lol. We are swamped in the fall too with back to school stuff going on, everyone wanting fall photos bc of the leaves changing and DD is doing cheer this year so we are running her around to that alot too. Add into that picking up items you need for school that you didn't know about, packing for retreats that they have at the beginning of the year, getting the yard in shape before the cold hits in and it's SO hard to find time for the extras.
Sounds like you're just as busy! Glad to know I'm not alone in feeling swamped by life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Excellent pics of your family on SM. I wish that A, I could afford a good camera like that and B, could take the time to use a camera properly and use one right!

Great update again.
The camera was a Valentine's gift my DH and I gave each other a couple of years ago. We realized as our kids were getting older that we really needed a good one to take pictures at all their school events. It was money well spent. Of course, I'm not sure how good I am at using it sometimes! My younger daughter, Rachel, actually took the pictures of the other three on Splash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
Great start to your last day even in the rain.
Thanks! I always say any day, even a rainy one, at Disney is a good day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I hate that it rained on you on your last day, boo!

I agree with you that BTMRR is pretty jerky, but I still love it and can ride over and over again. Space however, well, that one has become too rough for this aging body and once is enough...
Getting old sucks!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 10-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #411
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Day 6, Part 2

Day 6, Part 2

It's been so long since I updated, I had to go back and look at my last update just to remember where I was in this report! I'm a little embarrassed by how long it's been. I have "never not finished" a TR, and I don't want this one to be the first. I WILL FINISH!

So, when I had finished my last update, we were on the way back to the Polynesian to escape the downpour of rain. Luckily our room had already been cleaned, so we were good to get down to some napping business and not have to worry about being disturbed. The girls and I all promptly fell onto the beds and began our naps. Kevin sat and answered some work emails on his laptop, and Reid played his DSi. At some point Kevin finished up and decided to take Reid to the arcade. They left, and the rest of us returned to our naps. When they returned, the rain had stopped, and the sun had come out. The girls and I were still trying to nap, so Kevin took Reid out to the pool. --I really do have a good husband!

By 4:30, we were all waking up, but of course, we had to drag Reid out of the pool. We freshened up, and walked over to the Great Ceremonial House for our dinner that night. We were eating dinner at Kona Cafe-one of our favorites! No pictures of our food--sorry! At the end of our meal, they brought out cupcakes---one "Congratulations" for Elizabeth's graduation and a second one for mine and Kevin's anniversary.

After dinner and cupcakes, we rode the monorail over to Magic Kingdom for our last evening. If you read my trip report two years ago, you might remember that MK is where I love to spend my last night at Disney. But two years ago, Elizabeth had a fit to go to DTD. I caved and we all drove over there. BIG MISTAKE! It was a Friday night, and we almost never found a parking spot. Then there were the crowds! OH. MY. WORD! It was terrible. I left that night just sick that I'd spent my last evening in such an unmagical way, and swore that we wouldn't spend our last night at DTD again! Fast forward to this trip.... there was no way we were going anywhere else that night!

We arrived around 7 p.m., and surprisingly, there were still quite a few people arriving.

We stopped for a few pictures,

and then I got "the picture." If you've read my TRs before, you know what I'm talking about! Here it is during our first trip ever in 2001.

And fast forward to the present--

Somebody thought it'd be funny to turn around and catch us taking the picture!

After slowing down to capture the pictures, we were off to pull a fast pass. For what, you may ask?

UP NEXT: AN EMBARRASSING CONFESSION!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 10-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #412
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Michelle. Glad you all got a nap in and Reid got some pool time.

And I have to tell you I got a tear in my eye seeing the "before" and "after" picture.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #413
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

We definitely had our fair share of rain that week didn't we? You did what we do on a rainy afternoon....naps! Well, I nap, Shanleigh usually texts Jeff

I love your pictures of the girls walking hand in hand....I, as I'm sure you do, feel so blessed to have been able to see my child grow at WDW

Kona, one of our favourites!
Old 10-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #414
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I love the recreation of the old picture!
Hmm a fastpass... for Space Mountain??
Ohhhh confession time? Intriguing!
Old 10-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #415
PittypatBR
DIS Veteran

LOVE the then and now photos!! So sweet!

First trip to DW June 1977, Dutch Inn with DH, DS8, DS6, DD4
July 1996, ASMovies; April 2002, ASMusic; June 2005, Coronado Springs;
May 5-12, 2007, Pop Century; May 30-June 6, 2010, Marriott Grande Vista;
First trip to DL Oct. 9-15, 2011 Anaheim Marriott

May 2007 Pre-trip and trip report: NO COMMANDO?? . . . .ARGHH! Can I do this?
Old 10-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #416
amazingact21
Upendi

Mmm, Kona's always a good dinner choice, and it's great that they brought out two seperate cupcakes.

Yikes, I couldn't imagine spending your last night at DTD on a Friday. Talk about a madhouse....I'm sure MK was much more magical.

Aww, the past and present pictures are really good. I can imagine how touching it must have been to see how much your daughters have grown over the years.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 10-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #417
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Good way to deal with the rain! Naps for the girls and arcade/pool time for the guys. I'm glad the sun stared to shine for you!

Mmmmm... Kona! One of the top restaurants for me at Disney!

MK is a great place to spend your last night. DTD- not so much!

the pictures of the girls walking hand in hand. I think there's a commerical there somewhere!!!
Old 10-15-2012, 06:07 AM   #418
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post

After dinner and cupcakes, we rode the monorail over to Magic Kingdom for our last evening. If you read my trip report two years ago, you might remember that MK is where I love to spend my last night at Disney. But two years ago, Elizabeth had a fit to go to DTD. I caved and we all drove over there. BIG MISTAKE! It was a Friday night, and we almost never found a parking spot. Then there were the crowds! OH. MY. WORD! It was terrible. I left that night just sick that I'd spent my last evening in such an unmagical way, and swore that we wouldn't spend our last night at DTD again! Fast forward to this trip.... there was no way we were going anywhere else that night!
I did a quick sweep through DTD on my last night (this past Friday), but only because I had not gotten down there during the entire trip at that point. It was busy, busy, busy, but since I was there to take pictures and not shop, it wasn't that bad. After that, we went to Poly beach for Hallowishes and then over to Contemporary to hook up with Marc and Anita when they arrived. It was a nice last evening in Disney World.

Disney naps are the best!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 10-15-2012 at 06:17 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:10 AM   #419
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I'm glad you got to spend your last night at the MK! I do enjoy DTD, but friday and saturday nights are nuts!

Yum, dinner at Kona, and those cupcakes look good too!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #420
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Like you, we absolutely have to spend our last evening at WDW at the Magic Kingdom. It's a tradition! Speaking of tradition, I love your tradition of taking the girls holding hands on Main Street. It's so sweet!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: