Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 07:34 AM   #91
Heatherlynn77
Earning My Ears

IS there a Facebook page?
Heatherlynn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #92
Belle4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherlynn77 View Post
IS there a Facebook page?
Yes there is. Welcome aboard to you and your family!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4847...79768/members/
Belle4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #93
Heatherlynn77
Earning My Ears

Tips, tricks or secrets from previous cruisers

Any tips, tricks or secrets from previous cruisers? So glad I learned of door decorating and FE before getting on board (would hate to have missed out on those). So...anything else like that? Or tips (I heard we should bring a surge protector for the extra outlets to recharge all of our devices over night).
Heatherlynn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #94
msmickminn
DZNYMOM
TF's see everything and are everywhere...

I guess I should have introduced myself on my earlier post!
Hi! I'm Sally and my DH is Martin.
Nice to see all of you on FB too!
msmickminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #95
jkhilgeman
Earning My Ears

Things to bring

I know Disney does a great job of cleaning the ship and handing out wipes, but I always bring a can of Lysol - to spray the pillows, beds and such. I do this for all our trips. The staff is very busy and things can get over looked. We also all got a Hepatitis A shots. It was recommended by our doctors. Better to be safe than sorry. On our last cruise there was an outbreak of something, we missed the whole thing and read it in the paper after our trip. I also pack all the over the counter medicines we use at home. I keep it in a bright red bag. Band aids, pain relievers, motion sickness meds. If you have used it at home pack it with you. I also take a cloth ice pack (it's empty and I can put ice in it when needed) - my DD was swimming and twisted her foot. I had the meds, ice pack and a Micky ice cream bar and we were good as new in about an hour.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #96
jkhilgeman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryrego View Post
Mel2421 my step daughter Corrinais 13 as well shes super friendly and loves meeting new people shes looking forward to all the teen/preteen activities were in 7100 if your daughter is looking to meet someone her age

As for Excursions were trying to limit things my dd1.5 can do with us.
So far we are looking at the Following:

GRAND CAYMAN
Captain Marvins Island tour (Basically same as the disney excursion but $10 cheaper and they will drop you off @ the public beach at 7mile or the ship...no stop to the rum cake factory but theres a huge store near the port. This tour includes stops at hell and turtle farm as well as some other sites) $30 pp kids under 4 are free. I am going to book within the next couple days for the 6 of us in our group. If any one else is interested let me know and I can add to the reservation.

We are also planning to go to Margaritaville here before or after the tour. Upstairs they have a pool with a slide and cabana like booths. My DD1.5 has been swimming since she was 2 mths and not swimming in the pools onboard is gonna be hard for her so i figure she can swim here for a bit and we can get some munchies and who doesnt love Margaritaville lol The Pool and slide are free to use

COSTA MAYA
We have decided we will just explore the cruise port here. There seems like alot to do right here and it doesnt cost anything extra. Again they have a nice pool Our DD1.5 can swim in. Theres area to tan. Pool has a swim up bar and theres restaurants for food...Although were so close to the ship we may just hop back for lunch. They have a few Mayan replicas in the port area including a lil pyramid and free shows.

COZUMEL
Here is the toughie...We might break down and put DD at Flounders. We are looking at Doing the Mayan Ruins and Beach Break thru Disney. It depends on if We think DD1.5 will be ok for the tour part as i dont know if we can bring a stroller.
My dd is 15, Erica, I am not sure of our rooms yet - we took a risk on this cruise. I can send you a PM with her facebook info. if you like. My ds is 17 I can't get him out of the teen hang out. Again, we only see him at dinner. The dd 9 year old won't leave the kids club. Again, we don't see her until dinner, the kids club people stand outside the dinner door and she is gone again until 1 or 2 in the morning. (They close very late most nights). We have never had good luck with our kids hanging out with us. There is so much to do and the staff is so great, we don't stand a chance. Were just lucky they need a ride there and home again!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #97
dryvithome
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherlynn77 View Post
Any tips, tricks or secrets from previous cruisers? So glad I learned of door decorating and FE before getting on board (would hate to have missed out on those). So...anything else like that? Or tips (I heard we should bring a surge protector for the extra outlets to recharge all of our devices over night).
Can't think of anything at the moment, but I did note this thread on power strips that was saying they confiscated the power strips. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3001358

Hoping that isn't true, but then I think we can get by with two outlets. Not really planning on using cellphones, either for camera or photos after boarding. We'll probably be wishing we had more plugs, but right now I can't think of what we'd use them for. We're a little on the less technological side of things, so probably not as up to speed as everyone else. I think the digital camera battery is about the only thing we'll need to recharge frequently.

Only other major tip would be having swimsuits packed in carry on or worn under clothes for immediate swimming availability instead of waiting until rooms are ready. I'm sure some other people with plenty of cruises would have more tips, but that's about all I can think of at the moment.
dryvithome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:28 AM   #98
Belle4
Mouseketeer

Second sailing is back today. Hopefully we will get some more trip reports from the Magic!
Belle4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #99
AggieAmy
Veteran Cruiser, First Disney Cruise 12-1-12 on Magic

Question Joining FE?

Disboard name:
First names of everybody in your stateroom:
Ages and gender of kids, tweens, and teens in your stateroom
Your stateroom number if you know it:
If you will be celebrating any special event on the week of the cruise:
One FE thread also asked about allergies, that might be a good idea too?
Cut off for FE list is: October 15th. Afterwhich, I will PM each of you the full list of participants.

Let's get creative!!!

I wanted to add my four Kiddos to the FE list.
So we have four adults: Grandy, Bubbie (grandpa), Matt and Amy; Carson (DS, age 13); Austin (DS, age 10); Grace (DD, age 10) and Caleigh (DD, age 7)

How many FEs do we have at this point? Just trying to get my ideas flowing!
~ Amy
AggieAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:16 AM   #100
dryvithome
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieAmy View Post

I wanted to add my four Kiddos to the FE list.
So we have four adults: Grandy, Bubbie (grandpa), Matt and Amy; Carson (DS, age 13); Austin (DS, age 10); Grace (DD, age 10) and Caleigh (DD, age 7)

How many FEs do we have at this point? Just trying to get my ideas flowing!
~ Amy
Hi Amy and welcome to the thread! If you have facebook it's a bit more active on the facebook page for our cruise as the updates are a little more clear. Without looking at it, I think we have 10 or 11 families signed up so far, as best I recall, but I'm sure sparker0699 will have the actual count since she took the lead in running the FE. Welcome aboard!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #101
AggieAmy
Veteran Cruiser, First Disney Cruise 12-1-12 on Magic

I love Disney Cruises already =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvithome View Post
Hi Amy and welcome to the thread! If you have facebook it's a bit more active on the facebook page for our cruise as the updates are a little more clear. Without looking at it, I think we have 10 or 11 families signed up so far, as best I recall, but I'm sure sparker0699 will have the actual count since she took the lead in running the FE. Welcome aboard!
Hooray! I did sign up on the FB page as well. We told our four kiddos yesterday and they are so excited! I have to get started on our FE now
AggieAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #102
TexasCamps
Keep Calm & Cruise On

My family will be on the December 1st cruise as well - me, DH, DS (12) and DD (8). Our son knows about the trip, but DD still does not know and we are hoping to keep it that way. It appears that I have a lot of thread reading to do to learn all the ins and outs of a Disney cruise!
TexasCamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #103
CurtisB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCamps
My family will be on the December 1st cruise as well - me, DH, DS (12) and DD (8). Our son knows about the trip, but DD still does not know and we are hoping to keep it that way. It appears that I have a lot of thread reading to do to learn all the ins and outs of a Disney cruise!
Welcome aboard!

CurtisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:40 AM   #104
dryvithome
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCamps View Post
Welcome aboard! If you're interested in the Fish Extender let sparker0699 know soon. I think the close date is coming up sometime next week. Also, the facebook group for this cruise is fairly active as well, if you're interested. See you aboard!
Old 10-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #105
sparker0699
Earning My Ears

Last call for FE participants. Deadline to sign up is 10/15/12. So if you haven't added your family to the list and want to join, send me your info here or on our FB page. I think the fish extension exchange will be a fun addition to the trip. Don't miss out. Thanks so much!
sparker0699 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: