Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #256
carolinamama
Mouseketeer

PIN assignment, ah, the unknown. Seriously, no one really knows how they are assigned. I've never knowingly had one! Some get them in an email, others via snail mail. You can call and ask if there's one assigned to your household.

15 Trips to WDW since 1981 - Bay Lake Tower (2013), Port Orleans Riverside (2013), Contemporary (2009), Polynesian (2008), Wilderness Lodge (1995 and 2006), Caribbean Beach (1995 and other prior dates), Beach Club (1996), Disney Inn (1986), Disney Villas And now a Disneyland trip as well! Grand Californian (2010)
carolinamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #257
Heathermgc
Earning My Ears

My boyfriend and I both have valentines week off from work so I'm hoping to surprise him with a Disney Trip. I'm thinking I'll ask him to put the dishes away or some chore he hates and then when he opens the cupboard he'll see the magical express packet. I can't wait to see the look on his face! I'm glad to hear that the value resorts have minie fridges now. It will save a lot of our budget to stay at pop century as opposed to a moderate resort. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for a free dining or room discount offer that week. Does anyone know when february offers are usually released?
Heathermgc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #258
YesMickey
Mouseketeer

Yeah, I got a mailer yesterday that I knew for sure was a PIN. Instead it was an offer for dates in December just before Christmas week for $100/night at a Value. Is that even a deal. I remember we went one year before Christmas and our room at POFQ was only $91. Ahh. the good ole days of '00s. Getting kind of worried. Can't remember Disney ever going this long without some sort of special.
POR Nov. '08 Makeup for shortened trip above.
Pop Century Mar '10
Self 40, DW 41, DD12, DS8
, , ,

YesMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #259
Notso
Mouseketeer

I'm getting worried about our week. We are heading down 2/2-2/9. I looked today and BLT and BWV's 2BRs are booked.

That week is supposed to be pretty dead. When we went in 2011, everything was walk on but TSM. I'm terrified it will be packed.

Still, since they have been heavily discounting around the holiday's, I'm hopeful.

We are going with a big group and will go no matter what, but I doubt we'll go again for a long time. The price went up over 35% from 2011 for the same week. That's pretty insane. It's to the point where we can go to one of the actual countries in EPCOT for about the same price.

WDW: 6/84 CR; 6/90 CR; 4/93 GF; 6/2003 GF Honeymoon; 2/11 Fabulous trip in Disney's Treehouse Villas! First time for the girls, and we even got to open the MK! 2/13 Wonderful Boardwalk Villas trip

Disneyland: 10/11, 11/12, and surprising our girls 7/13

DCL: 2014. My go-go-go self has to learn to cruise.

Last edited by Notso; 10-02-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Grammar errors bug me.
Notso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:01 AM   #260
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis908 View Post
Can anyone provide any details on the pin they received? I noticed how it said "up to" and wondering how that translates. Does it depend on the date? Hotel? Package? All of the above?
In the past, if I remember right, the % would vary depending on the resort level. So maybe 35% off at the Poly but only 25% off at Carribean Beach. I would expect the same type of thing here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrolKYDisMom View Post
Discounts would be nice, already have vaca booked for Valentines week. Anyone know if they will apply discounts to already booked vaca's? Can't wait can't wait... taking DGD (I think I did that right lol new to posting) for her first visit... she's 2
If you have a WDW travel agent worth their salt they will be watching for the discounts & calling/e-mailing you to tell you it is applied & you won't have to do anything. If you get a direct PIN they can also apply that to your deal for you.
If you booked your own then unfortunately you have to monitor for the discounts & then call yourself to WDW reservations & work with them to get it changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtodd41 View Post
So can you please tell me where I need to sign-up to get this PIN??

Is it on the disney.com site or is there somewhere else I should go to get notifications of these PINs.
No one knows for sure the magical formula to get a PIN. I would suggest signing up for anything/everything you can WDW related. They have a couple e-mail newsletters, the movie club & movie rewards, enter contests they sponsor, request a copy of the planning DVD from their website, etc.
When you are at the parks, if you get a chance do a survey & give them your name & address.
There is also a Disney Visa card. Even if you never use it, maybe get that. (If you do use it you get points to use @ WDW and I think they have a no interest window if you put your WDW trip on it. Not much maybe 2 or 3 months, but hey, that is 2 months you can leave the $$ in savings & take the interest before paying the bill.)
I'm totally guessing, but imagine the more your name & address is in their system the better your odds of scoring one.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #261
srgibbs
Mouseketeer

subscibing. Waiting for those Feb. codes to come out.
srgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:35 AM   #262
jendujka
Earning My Ears

The Magic For Less Travel just announced discounts for Disney Visa cardholders. Does anyone know what these discounts are? Here is the facebook post:

Walt Disney World has released a new Disney Visa cardholder room discount for January 2 - March 7 travel dates. Significant restrictions apply and discounts begin at 5% and vary by resort and travel dates.
August 2013, POR - Royal Rooms
April 2013, AKV Jambo
February 2013, AKV Jambo
October 2012, AoA LM - Fantasyland Dress Rehearsal!
May 2012, Off-property - Disney trip with girlfriends
December 2011, POFQ - First family vacation to Disney!
jendujka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #263
2manypets
DIS Veteran

The discount for POFQ is 5%. I switched to CSR for a 25% discount! I also had the CM price out WL which was a 25% discount also. I'm not sure about the other resorts though.

2manypets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #264
PrincessHanasMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendujka
The Magic For Less Travel just announced discounts for Disney Visa cardholders. Does anyone know what these discounts are? Here is the facebook post:

Walt Disney World has released a new Disney Visa cardholder room discount for January 2 - March 7 travel dates. Significant restrictions apply and discounts begin at 5% and vary by resort and travel dates.
Anyone know if AOA Little Mermaid rooms are excluded?
PrincessHanasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #265
MatthewsMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manypets View Post
The discount for POFQ is 5%. I switched to CSR for a 25% discount! I also had the CM price out WL which was a 25% discount also. I'm not sure about the other resorts though.
Where do you find this? I just booked WL on Monday for our pre-cruise stay, still hoping for FD though.

MatthewsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #266
2manypets
DIS Veteran

I called WDW as soon as I saw the announcement on the Disboards came out. The CM was so patient with me as I had her price out POFQ, POR, CSR and WL. All of them were 25% off except for POFQ which was only 5%.

You have to book with a Disney Visa card though. I imagine that the discount will go to the general public on Monday, but that's just my own prediction.

2manypets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #267
MatthewsMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manypets View Post
I called WDW as soon as I saw the announcement on the Disboards came out. The CM was so patient with me as I had her price out POFQ, POR, CSR and WL. All of them were 25% off except for POFQ which was only 5%.

You have to book with a Disney Visa card though. I imagine that the discount will go to the general public on Monday, but that's just my own prediction.
Thank you so much! I did book with my Disney Visa

MatthewsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #268
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessHanasMom View Post
Anyone know if AOA Little Mermaid rooms are excluded?
They are excluded. Three bedroom villas, mermaid suites and campsites.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #269
emmabelle
I better watch out or my tag will say "She's some kind of a loserbag!"

just booked GF for 2/3 to 2/9, on hold for less than 10 mins

GF garden view

rack 480.00
visa offer 312.00

35% off

could've done BC for $234 a night, but figured it's my 50th so what the heck?

Me DH DS DD and the Dis(cats) - Lily Jynx Charlie
2003-CBR, 2004-Swan, 2006-BC, 2006-BWI, 2007-WL, 2008-BWI, 2009-BC, 2010-BWI, 2011-YC, 2011-BWV, 2012-BLT, 2013-BC, 2013-YC, 2014-GF
emmabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #270
yost1931
Earning My Ears

I just applied the new discount and want to clarify. I had a really great CM and he explained what it is a little bit more. There are two discounts. The first is a room only discount and I didn't go much further than that with the percentages.

The second is called Play/Stay/Dine and if you book all three items on your package it gives a certain amount off. It is up to $600 at a value resort. I'm staying at CSR and it took $765 off my package which worked out to roughly 20% total. Not QUITE as good as FD but very very close for us. I'm very happy! We are staying 8 nights, Jan 31-Feb 8, 9 day MYW tickets without hopper, and regular dining plan. The CM said he wasn't sure exactly how the percentage was coming off (if it was a few days free or an overall percentage).

Hope this helps! I'm anxious to see the full details in writing so I can figure out what the discount might have been for other resorts.

Just thought I would pass along. It might make sense to have the CM price out both discounts for you to see which is better. For us, the package discount was $400 better than RO.
yost1931 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: