Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #16
Jiminy'sGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMGosizk View Post
Aw, I'm loving your PTR! The shirt idea (and design) is beyond adorable!! I'll be doing something similar for our whole family for our trip next October--they may end up with a shirt for every day of the trip with so much time between now and then! You said you have an Etsy shop? With those types of designs? If so, I may need to check it out...because they're really neat!

Your countdown chain is so simple, but so great! I got so excited for you and your family looking at the picture of your little girl taking off the first link!! Nothing like pre-Disney excitement!!

Can't wait to read more!
You are the sweetest!! I know what you mean -- I start thinking of so many cute t-shirt ideas that I run out of days to make shirts for. I am currently cooking up something fun for MNSSHP. Since we will be at MK all day and it is 11/2, I think we might go with matching Halloween tees rather than full on costumes. We will see!!

I do have an Etsy shop... I just left eBay for Etsy. eBay was taking too much of my hard-earned money. haha. Seriously, my stuff so so cheap and eBay took a bigger percentage so it wasn't worth it. So glad to be on Etsy now! Feel free to check it out.. I have been known to give out BOGOs!!

Isn't the chain too funny? The kdis came home from school and said, THIS is our countdown this time? <silence> We love it!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #17
Jiminy'sGirl
DIS Veteran

Project #3 - 29 days to go!

Here we are again, faithful readers. Just 29 days to go.

I had Disney-somia last night. Raise your hand if you get this. It's where you can't stop thinking about what to pack and what to wear and don't forget the MNSSHP tickets whatever you do. I was up past 3am.

We tore another link off the ole chain last night. This one informed the kids that while staying at CBR, their lunches would come in a sand pail, which they could then use to dig in the sand. We live in TX, about 4 hours from the beach. We don't go much (it's not a very pretty beach) but when we do they LOVE digging in the sand. I HATE cleaning sand out of their ears, hair, and butt cracks. I'm just keeping it real, people. Now, this led to a lively discussion. See, AJ is now 10 and will be a "Disney adult.****" So all his free meals will be adult meals. He is a pretty adventurous eater and likes a lot of food (regardless of the fact that he doesn't weigh enough to play touch football... ) so he is ok with this, but when he realized he would get to choose an adult dessert following every meal and not that darn ubiquitous kids' sundae, he used that to tease his sister mercilessly. So, she quickly pointed out that as an "adult" who gets a "big dessert" he will NOT get the pail. The wind went out of his sails real quick. So his momma swooped in and said, I"ll buy you the pail lunch OOP our first day, precious angel boy. We like doing this anyway because then his adult credit buys the large breakfast which adds a little substance to our in-room breakfasts of cereal and NutriGrain bars.

Without further ado, the picture of the chain link ripping-off....

Now the moment you have all been waiting for, seriously, like all 4 of you... TODAY'S PROJECT....

I thought and thought about what to wear to MNSSHP... It is our first ever party. We are quite excited, and we have very few expectations. If the kids get some candy they will be happy. If I can get a decent view of Boo to You I am happy. If no one has a meltdown of epic proportions, hubster is happy. The kids have their "real" Halloween costumes all picked out - a ghoul with glowing red eyes, a zebra, and a butterfly. Guess who is what. HA! SO I contemplated dragging them around, but none are conducive to a day at the park (we will be at MK all day the day of the party). I also thought about making up a family costume, but found my energy lacking. Going to the last party, which is after Halloween, takes a bit of the fun out. So I decided iron-on tees were the solution. Here is AJ's:

The other four of us have a similar shirt with different characters inside... Paige has all Minnie and Leah has Tigger and Eeyore.

Now, if you are following along and hanging on my every word AND you are going to MNSSHP AND you want to wear a tee like this, PM me your email address! The first person to do so gets this tee design in their inbox as a special "thanks for reading" gift!!!!

*** Has anyone done the Dining Plan with a 10-12 year old? How did they like ordering off the adult menu?

Now, I'd like to include a few pictures from previous trips, just to get in the Disney mood.... There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to these choices. Enjoy, friends.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Jiminy'sGirl; 10-03-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Jiminy'sGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #18
Jiminy'sGirl
DIS Veteran

Just FYI:

Because I looked at Miyuki's picture, I will now be doing my "candy lady" voice all day.

"School. So nice. Learn learn."

"Dinner. Yum yum. Pork. Nice pork. Good for youuuuu."

"Room. Clean room. So pretty. Clean room for you. Dust dust."

I heart Miyuki.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #19
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Joining in on your Craft a Day projects... What a cool idea! If only I was that ambitious. LOL

You have an adorable family! I would also mourn the loss of a park day for a wedding... I totally get that.

We are planning to go next year for our 3rd October WDW trip - nothing more awesome than MNSSHP... Praying hard for FD too.

Can't wait to see the next crafts you do.

D~
DMGeurts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #20
Jiminy'sGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Joining in on your Craft a Day projects... What a cool idea! If only I was that ambitious. LOL

You have an adorable family! I would also mourn the loss of a park day for a wedding... I totally get that.

We are planning to go next year for our 3rd October WDW trip - nothing more awesome than MNSSHP... Praying hard for FD too.

Can't wait to see the next crafts you do.

D~
Welcome!!!!

I'm going to start sewing today, so go easy on me with that, Oh Master of the Sewing Machine.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #21
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy'sGirl View Post
I had Disney-somia last night. Raise your hand if you get this. It's where you can't stop thinking about what to pack and what to wear and don't forget the MNSSHP tickets whatever you do. I was up past 3am.

I was up too, not for Disney, but I totally get that!

...but when he realized he would get to choose an adult dessert following every meal and not that darn ubiquitous kids' sundae, he used that to tease his sister mercilessly. So, she quickly pointed out that as an "adult" who gets a "big dessert" he will NOT get the pail. The wind went out of his sails real quick.
Don't mess with your baby sister AJ! She'll get ya!

It is our first ever party. We are quite excited, and we have very few expectations. So I decided iron-on tees were the solution.

Great t-shirts! You'll love the party. It is super fun, I wish we were still going this year!

*** Has anyone done the Dining Plan with a 10-12 year old? How did they like ordering off the adult menu?
My daughter is 9 but she has such high metabolism from figure skating that on our last trip she would often want to order from the adults meal and I would end up with her kids meal. I find there is way too much food for me on there so I was fine with that!

Quote:
I'm going to start sewing today, so go easy on me with that, Oh Master of the Sewing Machine.
Oooo - whatcha making?!?
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #22
Jiminy'sGirl
DIS Veteran

Alysa, you will have to wait and see!!! haha!!!

Seriously, I am not completely sure yet. We are heading to Hobby Lobby in a bit to see what we can see. I am hoping for a cute Princess fabric and definitely some black and white polka dots to do a minnie inspired dress!!

Figure skating? Very cool!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #23
Jiminy'sGirl
DIS Veteran

Help!

I'm trying to link the chapters but it is not working. I have clearly lost some brain cells since last time I did this. Can anyone help a sister out?
Old 10-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #24
DMGeurts

Quote:
Welcome!!!!

ROFL... I only started sewing less than 2 years ago - totally self taught... It was something I wanted to learn, so I made up my mind to learn it - turns out that I love it too...

I am always open to answering questions, because I love to get others as addicted as I am. So, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out.

Quote:
Alysa, you will have to wait and see!!! haha!!!

Seriously, I am not completely sure yet. We are heading to Hobby Lobby in a bit to see what we can see. I am hoping for a cute Princess fabric and definitely some black and white polka dots to do a minnie inspired dress!!

Figure skating? Very cool!!!
This sounds super cute! I can't wait to see it! Do you know which pattern you are going to use?

Quote:
I'm trying to link the chapters but it is not working. I have clearly lost some brain cells since last time I did this. Can anyone help a sister out?
I am not sure which one you are trying to link, but here is how I do mine...

[ url=http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46337070&postcount=23]Help!!![/url]
^ I put a space right there so you could see the code.

It will link like this: Help!!!

I just clicked on the #23 at the top of your above post to open it in a new window, and c&p'd the address, which goes right behind the =. Hopefully I explained it right and hopefully I understood what you were asking.

D~
Old 10-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #25
Jiminy'sGirl
DIS Veteran

D~

Yes, that is what I was trying to do! Thank you -- it all came rushing back as our explained it!!

I taught myself to sew back in 2000!! We bought a house and were too poor to buy window treatments, so I figured I could sew a straight line, right? Well, I couldn't. But after some practice I could. Now I make windown treatments for everyone I know. If they ask! I'm more limited with clothing because I have never done a zipper and it just seems frustrating. I sure can think of some creative ways around a zipper, though!

Pattern? What is this "pattern" you speak of? haha I do use patterns from time to time but I'm whipping up a swingshirt/ruffle pant combo and a few pillowcase dresses.... I don't need patterns for those. That doesn't mean I am a great seamstress; it means they are incredibly simple, for all you non-sewers out there! I think I will also make a bag for Paige's autograph book with my scraps. I've actually googled hand applique since seeing your stuff.... Amazing, woman. I don't have the sewing skill, the artistic ability, or patience. What was the first thing you ever appliqued? Do you recall?

Last edited by Jiminy'sGirl; 10-03-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Jiminy'sGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #26
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

You and your family are beautiful! We will be there about the same time!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #27
DMGeurts

Quote:
Yes, that is what I was trying to do! Thank you -- it all came rushing back as our explained it!!
Aw good... Sometimes I get so excited that I know how to do something, and I go to explain it, and it's the wrong thing.

Quote:
I taught myself to sew back in 2000!! We bought a house and were too poor to buy window treatments, so I figured I could sew a straight line, right? Well, I couldn't. But after some practice I could. Now I make windown treatments for everyone I know. If they ask! I'm more limited with clothing because I have never done a zipper and it just seems frustrating. I sure can think of some creative ways around a zipper, though!
This is awesome! That is the exact reason I learned how to sew too! I was redoing the girls' rooms, and I wanted to hem Alli's curtains... It's just a straight line... right?

Believe it or not, I do have a zipper tutorial around here some where... let me know if you want it, and I will try to dig it up for you.

Quote:
Pattern? What is this "pattern" you speak of? haha I do use patterns from time to time but I'm whipping up a swingshirt/ruffle pant combo and a few pillowcase dresses.... I don't need patterns for those.
This sounds super cute! I really can't wait to see it... I wish my girls were still little enough to wear what I make... I kick myself all the time that I totally missed out on sewing for them. At least they like some of my bags - but would never carry them IRL...

Quote:
That doesn't mean I am a great seamstress; it means they are incredibly simple, for all you non-sewers out there! I think I will also make a bag for Paige's autograph book with my scraps.
This would be cool too!!

Quote:
I've actually googled hand applique since seeing your stuff.... Amazing, woman. I don't have the sewing skill, the artistic ability, or patience. What was the first thing you ever appliqued? Do you recall?
There's an amazing hand applique tutorial from Heather Sue... Hmmm... I need to find that one for you - that's the tutorial I learned from... http://disboutique.blogspot.com/search/label/applique

Ummm... My first applique ever... Don't LOL... I made a baby outfit as a gift for a friend, and I appliqued the flower on to the shirt, so it coordinated with the rest of the outfit.

D~
Old 10-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #28
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

I love you chain links! I may just have to borrow that idea to do with my son who turns 5 tomorrow! We are going to WDW on Nov 1st as well and we are doing the MNSSHP on the 3d too! We are staying at AOA in a Nemo suite - DS choice since the trip is for his birthday celebration. DH will not wear matching shirts or Mickey attire but I love your ideas!
Congrats to your brother!! Ill be reading along here

[/url]
ALMinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #29
Jiminy'sGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
You and your family are beautiful! We will be there about the same time!
Aw, thanks!!!

I love that you're choosing your Booze Must-Dos.... That sounds right up my alley... I must go check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
I love you chain links! I may just have to borrow that idea to do with my son who turns 5 tomorrow! We are going to WDW on Nov 1st as well and we are doing the MNSSHP on the 3d too! We are staying at AOA in a Nemo suite - DS choice since the trip is for his birthday celebration. DH will not wear matching shirts or Mickey attire but I love your ideas!
Congrats to your brother!! Ill be reading along here
Happy birthday to your son!! How funny that so many of us will be there together!!! Now, you're freaking me out just a teeny bit... MNSSHP is the 2nd right? At least, I thought we were going on the last day. Perhaps not! What will your son wear to the party? Have fun! Say if you see our ragtag band of misfits roaming around!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #30
Jiminy'sGirl
DIS Veteran

THIS was your first attempt?? Or I should say, success, with applique?

I hate you.

I kid! I guess some people are just born to some things. That is beautiful and I'd never laugh. I have even shown the hubster your stuff on FB and he's all, whoaaaa....... If you can impress him with a craft project you are doig ok for yourself.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: