Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 10:29 AM   #16
FreeThinker
Mouseketeer

My kids are 9, 7, 4, 4 and a baby when we went. I took a backpack. It had one change of bottoms for the 4 year olds, one change of clothes for the baby, wipes/diapers/changing pad, a bag of first aid stuff (benadryl single, neosporin, bandaids), snacks for everyone x2, one gatorade each. I also only took a small camera. All of this fit nicely and organized in the backpack, and we left it in the stroller on rides. I didn't take anything valuable into the parks, aside from the camera and that was in my pocket most of the time. I also had a sling for the baby, but yours is probably too old to need one. You also might want to include sunscreen, I did a couple of times, but other times just applied it in the morning, and took a break back at the house and reapplied it after a nap
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #17
garjanjones
Mouseketeer

I really think it depends on whether you are staying on site. If so, you can easily go back to the room (just a little time consuming). If you are staying off site you may need to take a little more into the park with you.

My thoughts are for the older kids, they carry what they take. Send them with a backpack. The baby needs diapers and a change or two. Bandaids and neosporin. Wallets. Camera. Autograph book if you're doing that. That's it.

Honestly, everything other than wallets and camera should be able to stay in the bottom of the stroller for the two year old. Hope that helps.
garjanjones is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #18
blebert
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all your help! We will not being staying on site!
Hoping this list will grow
My Favorite Disney Memory is getting to spend a weekend at Disney World with Rascal Flatts when they were first coming out.
blebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #19
Maestra99
Mouseketeer

I agree to try to pack as light as possible, but if you find that you need some extra storage space, you might try something like this, I'm bringing one this year just in case we need an extra spot to stick something:
http://www.amazon.com/J-L-Childress-...s=stroller+bag

198? ~~ 1999 ~~ July 2009 Honeymoon @ AKL ~~ Sept. 2010 POP ~~ Nov. 2010 quickie trip @ Swan Feb. 2011 solo trip : ~~ Oct. 2012 @ POFQ!!
Blair | Dave | Miles 8/13/11 | Ozzy
Maestra99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #20
ammag
DIS Veteran

ok, we havent gone yet (18 days!) but this is my plan for a 5yr old and a 14 month old.
in parks:
few bandaids, moleskin, adult meds
bottled water, few snacks (mostly for baby)
sippy cup and kids water bottle to refill
disposable bib (dont want photos ruined after eating)
diapers and wipes of course
a pair of flip flops for the older kid for playing in water- baby has sandals that r waterproof. 5 yr old will wear sneakers and socks otherwise.
second outfit for baby (this and the shoes in their own plastic bag, for wet shoes and in case clothes are reeeally dirty to go home)
sunscreen for the whole pasty family to use
light hoodie/sweatshirt for the kids, will make sure there is room in case we need rain gear...oh and if forecated i have some cheap ponchos too
MnM container of pennies and quarters for pressed penny machines
autograph book, i made this and glued click top sharpie to a ribbon so it doesnt get lost
antibacterial wipes- got a princess themed small pack for kids to use

i think that's it...of course camera and our phones. I bought a cheap $7 wristlet/wallet thing with a strap to attatch to my belt loop, keep in my pocket for phone, cards, id, ticket etc. so thats all i will need to bring on the rides...everything else (Dh taking camera in pocket) stays in bottom of the rented double stroller!

looks like a LOT when its written down lol....
ammag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #21
Sheaboys
DIS Veteran

I wore a Vera Bradley crossbody bag, not too big. I through in it, money, cell phone, tickets, bandaids, a some crackers. DH carried the camera most days.

I have 5 kids, rented a stroller at the parks. On the day we needed ponchos, we each wore our own, and we wore them all day, because it rained all day.

When we used to take our own stroller, I would just toss some diapers in the bottom, with a changing pad, and wipes. Change of clothes. That is it. It folded up with the stuff in the bottom.

We did a back pack in 2005 with our then 7, 5 and 3yr old, but opted not to carry a backpack on this past trip with 5 kids (14, 12, 10, 6 and 3yr old). I was nervous because the 6yr old sometimes has accidents but the 3yr old never does. So we went without and hoped for the best, it all worked out just fine.

Mom to 5 little boys
WDW-various days during the 70's and 80's as a child. DisneyLand-July 1991, DisneyWorld-April 1992 offsite
Caribbean Beach-June 1995 honeymoon, All Stars Sports-December 1998, All Star Movies- November 2000 (me, my mom and the 2 boys) DTD Hotel - May 2001, All Star Movies-September 2001 (me, the 2 boys and my girlfriend), Disneyland-December 2003 (us and the 3 boys), POR-October 2nd-8th 2005 (us and the 3 boys)Caribbean Beach-August 25, 2012-September 2,2012
POR-August 2014 (16th-26th)

(dh43) (me 42) (15)(13)(11)(7) (5)
Sheaboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #22
Lilliputian
DIS Veteran

We take 2 bags--one that stays in the stroller while we ride, and one that we take with us. The one in the bottom of the stroller has changing supplies (diapers, wipes, changing pad), an extra outfit for the baby only, a few Bandaids, and other things that I wouldn't mind losing. The bag that they all go in is a clear, huge Ziplock bag. I figure that if people can see what's in the bag, they're less likely to steal it. I also toss some water bottles in the stroller basket.

The bag I carry has the absolute minimum. For us, it includes Epi Pens, inhalers, and Benadryl, but most people probably don't need those. It also has the camera, tickets, keys, and other stuff like that.

I don't take extra outfits for each child. If they drip ice cream on their shirts, I clean it off as well as I can and keep going. We take meds that we know we'll need, like Tylenol if someone has a headache, but not just random meds that we may or may not need. If we need something, we can either buy it in the parks or go back and get it from the room.
Lilliputian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #23
kohlby
DIS Veteran

Our last trip had kids ages 2, 5, and 8.

We took diapers, wipes, and plastic grocery bags. For the two younger kids, we threw in an extra outfit. (Which helped when the 5 year old got more wet on a ride than we had planned). Snacks were a must. No sippy cups, my 2 year old used a regular straw. No complete first aid kit. We did chapstick - which can be used to help prevent blisters though we didn't need it. I always have Benedryl in my bag just in case since that's something they need fast. I figure anything else can be obtained by guest services or first aid. Sunscreen and hats. Some glowy sticks from Dollar tree for when it gets dark. Post-it notes to go over the automatic toilets to keep them from flushing on an easily freaked out 5 year old. Some days we take the camera. Other days we leave it behind. We don't have a cell, but I'd pack one if you have one. A couple of ponchos - can keep the stroller dry as well as people. I always had two with me even without the possibilty of rain but threw them all in the stroller if it was a higher chance. And a water bottle that we all share. And the sling - which we did use. He hadn't used it in over a year but refused the stroller so I ended up slinging him.

We take a backpack since that's what my diaper bag was. It stayed at the bottom of the stroller unless using transportation. That's where the backpack is much more handy than most diaper bags! We leave it in the stroller when we go on rides, only taking the camera out if we brought it into the park that day. I figure that if someone wants to steal my fruit cups and diapers that badly, that they can have them. We've never had an issue.

*Hubby usually carries the tickets/money/credit cards in his pockets. He's much taller than me and men's shorts have bigger pockets to start with. So, he has a lot more room to hold stuff we want to keep with us!

Last edited by kohlby; 10-03-2012 at 09:40 PM.
kohlby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:23 AM   #24
blebert
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the help!
Hoping this list will grow
My Favorite Disney Memory is getting to spend a weekend at Disney World with Rascal Flatts when they were first coming out.
blebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:17 AM   #25
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

Diaper-related items for the two year old and a change of clothes for the two year old.

Camera, cellphones, sunscreen.

That's all you need, really.

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #26
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

This is what I'll be taking into the parks:

Ponchos (very small, bought from Dollar Store)
Change of clothes for each kid
Diaper supplies for the youngest
Bottles of water
Camera
Small first aid kit with bandaids, liquid bandaids, and some headache remedy for the adults. Heh.
Cheese sticks (for snacks)

Last year, we found the cheese sticks to be the perfect Disney snack. They're small, not messy, and they have protein, so they help tide the kids over longer than carb-loaded snacks.

Anyway, we put the diaper supplies and the change of clothes into gallon ziplock bags and throw them under the stroller. They really don't take much room. I carry a small backpack into the park and that's what the camera and my wallet go into, and I take that on rides (it's definitely bigger than I need, but still very small and unobtrusive). Everything else stays with the stroller. If someone wants to steal a kids' tshirt or a couple of diapers at Disney--well, they probably need them more than I do.
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: