DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

Easter

What do the resorts do for Easter day.

I made a 10:30 at Norway (hoping for Cape May but ressies for them are not open for some reason yet.) Will this work without losing egg scrambles, or something fun resorts might do?

Ideally we are not doing a park day, we have family in the area, for after-noon through dinner. I would like breakfast and fun 1 of a kind Easter things (for a 1 yr old and an 8 yr old.)

(We will have annual passes if this changes anything. )

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:32 AM   #2
drusba

DIS Veteran

A number of the resorts usually have a visit from the bunny (and sometimes Mrs bunny) and/or other characters, an Easter egg hunt (plastic eggs with some goodies inside), and some arts and crafts for kids. If your resort has the events, a 10:30 ressie at Norway might be too early if you want to participate in all the morning events but the hunt may be over in time to go. Note, Epcot usually has some Easter events including that they usually have an Easter egg hunt at UK and some other activities at UK beginning about 11.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
A number of the resorts usually have a visit from the bunny (and sometimes Mrs bunny) and/or other characters, an Easter egg hunt (plastic eggs with some goodies inside), and some arts and crafts for kids. If your resort has the events, a 10:30 ressie at Norway might be too early if you want to participate in all the morning events but the hunt may be over in time to go. Note, Epcot usually has some Easter events including that they usually have an Easter egg hunt at UK and some other activities at UK beginning about 11.
WOW THAT SOUNDS EVEN BETTTTTTTTTER!
I HAD NO IDEA! Sounds like Epcot is it. maybe I make the ressie earlier at norway to make sure and get the easter egg hunt in.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #4
drusba

DIS Veteran

Make sure you check shortly before going or when you get there for any schedule of events. Problem always is that something may change and Disney never tells you what it is actually going to have until just shortly before the holiday time.

The time you will be there is hugely crowded. Epcot or Studios or even AK are parks to hit on Easter, Why? Because everybody in the world flocks to MK on that day under the impression that something special happens at MK on Easter that you cannot see other days of the week. That is a false impression since nothing happens at MK on Easter that you cannot see or do the days leading up to Easter. Nevertheless, that usually means the other parks are a little lighter that day than other days (still crowded but not as bad as other days).
Old 10-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
Make sure you check shortly before going or when you get there for any schedule of events. Problem always is that something may change and Disney never tells you what it is actually going to have until just shortly before the holiday time.

The time you will be there is hugely crowded. Epcot or Studios or even AK are parks to hit on Easter, Why? Because everybody in the world flocks to MK on that day under the impression that something special happens at MK on Easter that you cannot see other days of the week. That is a false impression since nothing happens at MK on Easter that you cannot see or do the days leading up to Easter. Nevertheless, that usually means the other parks are a little lighter that day than other days (still crowded but not as bad as other days).
we love Epcot more anyway! but ty for the info! I moved ressie to 9:45 due to WS is not usually open earlier and we will not miss anything, and if we need to move again and cannot .. I guess it is to the ADR stalker.
and will check the whole month b4 for info too.
I figured resorts would have something, not the parks! I AM even more excited now.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:32 PM   #6
4DisneyAddicts
Mouseketeer

Last year BLT had a huge candy scramble. Lots of characters and the bunny.
The kids loved it. It was an Easter memory they will always have. If there is something in the parks though, I would probably try that. Not sure what park crowds are like that day, but the resort scramble was not crowded at all.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: