Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #16
MarineVet
Mouseketeer

Bagless

OP, I don't know how many are in your party or what time of the year you are going, so this suggestion may not work for you. But I've started going without a bag.

I found some great long cargo shorts with lots of pockets and I carry my phone, a small point and shoot camera, a small hairbrush, tiny bottle of sunscreen, and a few plastic baggies to put the phone and camera in in case of rain or water rides. I also carry a fold up rain poncho if there is any chance it will rain. The CS restaurants will give you a free cup of water upon request, so I don't even need to carry a bottle. But I go in cooler weather in a group of adults. If I went in hot weather or with kids, of course I would need some kind of bag.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #17
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineVet
OP, I don't know how many are in your party or what time of the year you are going, so this suggestion may not work for you. But I've started going without a bag.

I found some great long cargo shorts with lots of pockets and I carry my phone, a small point and shoot camera, a small hairbrush, tiny bottle of sunscreen, and a few plastic baggies to put the phone and camera in in case of rain or water rides. I also carry a fold up rain poncho if there is any chance it will rain. The CS restaurants will give you a free cup of water upon request, so I don't even need to carry a bottle. But I go in cooler weather in a group of adults. If I went in hot weather or with kids, of course I would need some kind of bag.
Yup this is our plan this year too. Our bags have gotten smaller and smaller each year.
Last visit I wore a fanny type pack ( disney's one of the only places this is ok for a man! LOL just kidding!)

This time pockets and cargo shorts, or pants. I plan on bringing ,
1. Keys to the word
2. Iphone
3. On certain days my HD recorder and spare batteries and SD cards.

If i get thirsty Ill spend the money on water. Im ok with spending extra cash to not have to lug around a ton of crap all day.

It really makes a trip much less enjoyable when you gave to lug around a ton of crap.

I don't know how people take toddlers and babies along and enjoy it. Too much work for something a kid at that age will not remember. IMO
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #18
raraavis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineVet View Post

i do this when i go to places like cedar point and six flags where you aren't allowed to take anything on a ride (even a fanny pack!). but when i am allowed a small bag, it makes me so happy because i feel like my pants are going to slide down with all that stuff in the pockets!
Old 10-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #19
Dizisfun
Mouseketeer

Baggallini Messenger or Vera Bradley Hipster. I love both of these bags for the parks.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #20
princess-rn
"Why, it's like a dream. A wonderful dream come true"

This is a GREAT thread! I've been wondering the same thing. I have a pink Minnie Messenger bag that I actually bought at Disney a few years ago. I love it..but I need something with pockets. Also, now that we are going in May, waterproof would probably be a good idea.
May 2013 Our return to Disney! StarWars Weeknd!! POFQ December 2010-Mini Grand Christmas Gathering and 10 yr Anniversary Celebration!! POFQMay/June 2009-Star Wars Weekend repeat!! AND TOTAL SUPRISE trip for DS!!!POFQ December 2007- Christmas with the mouse!!! DTD Hilton, POFQ and GF!!! May 2005-Star Wars weekend !! POFQOctober 2004-Halloween with the mouse! POFQ October 2000- Our Magical Honeymoon!!! POFQ
princess-rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #21
phillymummer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raraavis
i bought this bag specifically for disney, and i have been using it daily for over a month now (we go to disney in 3 weeks!). i absolutely love it!! i'm a big fan of messenger bags and lots of pockets! i don't want to carry a lot when we're in the park, but i do want to make sure i can fit what i need. this bag isn't big either. sunscreen is a big thing for my delicate skin, so i need a purse that can fit an actual bottle in it (not the travel size ones). i also like that the purse is sturdy and repels water pretty well (it is not water repellant; it just doesn't seem to leak to the inside when it is raining).
I actually ordered that bag and really liked it. I would highly recommend it to anyone are looking for a cross body bag. You can also find it on ebags.com Its called the piazza day bag. I ended up sending it back, though. I was looking for something specifically for Disney and long day trips (I already have a couple of everyday bags). I chose the Overland Shasta sling backpack instead so my hubby would carry it if needed.

Which brings up a good point..... unless you have a hubby/BF who carries his own bag, I would suggest going with a backpack so you can hand it off to him without any complaints.

Oct 2012 POFQ- First trip planned all by myself (and with plenty of help from The Dis!)
Next trip (Hopefully) 2015 to Universal!

Last edited by phillymummer; 10-05-2012 at 05:32 AM.
phillymummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #22
DisneyDanielle85
Mouseketeer

I agree with the posters about the backpack. I use a Vera Bradley Backpack and it works wonderfully. It isn't too heavy and i pack it with my DSLR and extra lens. I have my wallet, my phone and a bottle of water along with a small cosmetics bag filled with wipes/sunscreen/bandaids and deoderant. I also make sure to have a small notebook with my reservation #'s as well. The Vera patterns are fun and it's a functional bag as well thats why I love it and reccomend it to anyone looking for a park bag!

~Danielle~
~A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes~ ~Princess Belle!~ "I only hope we don't forget one thing- It was all started by a mouse" - Walt Disney
DisneyDanielle85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #23
shelbyf31
Mouseketeer

I use the LL Bean stowaway day pack. The bag itself is very light weight and it seems no matter how much I put in the bag, the bag near feels heavy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: