Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #211
thegales
Mouseketeer
Says he is happy tagless but the Tag Fairy ain't buying it!

I am another one with a current reservation with Dreams, who didn't get an e-mail.

aka lifeof in Chat

June 16, 2012 Eastern Cruise / December 18, 2010 11 Day Southern Caribbean / November 21, 2007 Thanksgiving on the Wonder / July 15, 2006 Western / November 23, 2005 Thanksgiving on the Wonder / October 9, 2004 Western Cruise / June 14, 2003 Eastern Cruise

thegales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #212
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

I got THREE emails from my DU TA

LOVE LOVE LOVE HER!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 09:14 PM   #213
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Any ideas what the OBC would be for 2014 from DU? I didnt use a TA when I booked on board. I do know that it would be lower anyway...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:07 PM   #214
jules621
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post

LOVE LOVE LOVE HER!!!!

What's her name? We are looking into booking with DU
jules621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #215
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwhitney View Post
I would highly doubt they will do the pacific coastal cruises again (the ones going to to san fran and san diego) since they are not selling well at all this year.
I think if they ran them to and from Seattle, they would do better with the snowbirds hitting family in San Francisco and then going to Disneyland.

mellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #216
SageFemme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherbelle View Post
Something must be in the pipeline, as I have just received this from Dreams

I apologize for the ‘mass’ email but this is the fastest way to reach all of my clients. I also apologize if you received multiple copies of this email.

We are hearing that Disney Cruise Line may be releasing some sail dates for 2014 very soon. At this time, we do not know the exact sail dates, itineraries or when they will be released but I wanted to make sure I completely understand your requirements prior to the release date. In order to do this, would you please answer some questions for me?

If you are not interested in changing your reservation or booking a new reservation for 2014, it’s not necessary to respond to this email.

Are you interested in booking a Disney Cruise Line reservation for 2014?

Do you have an existing reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel that you would like to change to a sailing in 2014?

If you want to change an existing reservation, please provide the Dreams Unlimited Travel or Disney Cruise Line reservation number. I will also need to the approximate sail date, ship and category you are interested in.

If you don’t have a current reservation that you would like to change to 2014, are you interested in booking a new reservation? If so, do you know the sail date and other specific’s you would like to book?

Again, we are not sure what the new itinerates will be or sail dates but please provide any additional information on approximate dates or itinerates you may be interested in.

If you have already contacted me about making a change, if I haven’t contacted you I will be contacting you directly very soon. If you have already sent me your request and you haven’t heard from me by tomorrow, please let me know.

Although I will certainly try to work everyone’s request as quickly as possible, I will be working requests in the order they are received. The more information you can provide up front, the faster we can book what you want at the lowest price possible. Once the release happens, I will have very little time to email quotes, or answer questions. My number one priority will be to book the clients who know what they want as soon as possible at the lowest pricing.

We do not have any inside information on this release! I just want to make sure I have everything ready when the release does happen. Once I hear anything specific, I will send you an email with this information.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or requests.
I got this exact same email from Kristie earlier. She's awesome as well, answers my questions very fast!

Sept. 1998 - Last minute, 3 day (did not get to visit AK), off site, childhood trip.
2006 - Disneyland
May 2010 - Off site, last minute (no AK or Epcot) trip.
August 2011 - Disneyland
Sept. 19-24, 2011 at Pop Century w/ MNSSHP
May 10-18, 2013 - DCL Magic from Galveston
June 22-29, 2014 - RCCL Freedom of the Seas
Dec. 18-24, 2014 - WDW w/ MVMCP
SageFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #217
GOOFY D
DIS Veteran

I got the email as well. however, I am confused as to how to proceed. We have a 2013 date we booked on our last cruise and would like to move to 2014. How in the world can you do so without knowing itineraries, costs, categories, etc? Sounds like the TA wants you to just turn it over to them to handle everything. That is a lot of money to entrust in them to make the right decision as they will not have time to send you quotes to choose from.

1988 - Polynesian * 1995 - Carribean Beach * 1996 - All Star Sports * 1997 - Candy Cane (Disneyland) * 1998 - All Star Music * 1999 - Contemporary * 1999 - Contemporary * 2000 - Disney Wonder /Coronado Springs * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2002 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2003 - All Star Movies * 2004 - Disney Magic (Eastern-San Juan) * 2006 - Contemporary * 2006 - Coronado Springs * 2007 - All Star Sports/Animal Kingdom Lodge * 2008 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2009 - All Star Movies * 2010 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2011 - All Star Sports * 2012 - Disney Fantasy (Western) * 2013 - Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani * 2013 - Bay Lake Tower * 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
GOOFY D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:51 AM   #218
canadakath
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFY D View Post
I got the email as well. however, I am confused as to how to proceed. We have a 2013 date we booked on our last cruise and would like to move to 2014. How in the world can you do so without knowing itineraries, costs, categories, etc? Sounds like the TA wants you to just turn it over to them to handle everything. That is a lot of money to entrust in them to make the right decision as they will not have time to send you quotes to choose from.
They will not decide what to book for you. You will have a short period of time after the announcement comes out from DCL until you have to book. No one knows how long that will be. But by responding to your TA about what your hopes are, he/she can be more prepared to deal with the mad rush that will happen once the announcement comes out. At least that is what I assume will happen. It worked great for us when they announced the Med 2013 dates - we told our TA what we were hoping for, then confirmed with her once the announcement came. On opening booking day she worked her magic instead of me being on the phone long distance from work. I book all of my WDW and other travel myself, but for the cruises it's DU all the way!

POFQ - May 2009 | AKL - November 2009 | CR - November 2010 | 7-nt Western on the Magic 1/22/2011 | CR - November 2011 | POR - November 2012 |Discovering the Magic of the Med! 12-nt with Greek Isles 6/15/13 | POLY - November 2013
canadakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:43 AM   #219
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules621

What's her name? We are looking into booking with DU
Beth Fejer

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #220
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Beth Fejer

Hey, I only got one from Beth, ROFL! I like her a lot though.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:30 AM   #221
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:

LOVE LOVE LOVE HER!!!!

I bet it's an automated thing. According to your tickers, you've got three upcoming cruises.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:59 AM   #222
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances

DISboards Administrator

Just to clarify why emails are being sent from DU TAs now.

We are hearing the same rumors that are being posted on the boards - that DCL MAY release 2014 itineraries in the near future. We have no official word from DCL on when/if these will be released but based on some things that are going on with Disney (i.e. systems being down for enhancements) as well as past experience we expect at least an announcement in the near future.

The DU agents have been communicating this amongst themselves and are sharing advise and tips on how to proceed to provide the best service to their clients.

If you have not received an email from your DU agent please don't be alarmed. They are all aware of what's going on and they are all working to get their 'ducks in a row' for 2014.

If you definately want a 2014 cruise booked, or a current cruise moved to 2014, I strongly suggest you contact your DU agent directly.

Our policy is always to provide service to current/past clients of Dreams Unlimited Travel first before booking new reservations so if you have booked with DU you will get priority ahead of any new request we receive for 2014 sailings.

I also want to add that I'm sure the information about 2014 cruises will hit these boards long before we receive any official announcement from DCL

One more thing - if you receive mutliple emails it's because your email is on more than one reservation in our system. Our system doesn't automatically parse out duplicates. The agents try to do this on an individual basis but they might miss some.

WebmasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #223
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterJohn View Post
Just to clarify why emails are being sent from DU TAs now.

We are hearing the same rumors that are being posted on the boards - that DCL MAY release 2014 itineraries in the near future. We have no official word from DCL on when/if these will be released but based on some things that are going on with Disney (i.e. systems being down for enhancements) as well as past experience we expect at least an announcement in the near future.

The DU agents have been communicating this amongst themselves and are sharing advise and tips on how to proceed to provide the best service to their clients.

If you have not received an email from your DU agent please don't be alarmed. They are all aware of what's going on and they are all working to get their 'ducks in a row' for 2014.

If you definately want a 2014 cruise booked, or a current cruise moved to 2014, I strongly suggest you contact your DU agent directly.

Our policy is always to provide service to current/past clients of Dreams Unlimited Travel first before booking new reservations so if you have booked with DU you will get priority ahead of any new request we receive for 2014 sailings.

I also want to add that I'm sure the information about 2014 cruises will hit these boards long before we receive any official announcement from DCL
Yep!
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #224
jmb910
Obsessed with anything Disney!

Got the email this morning finally from DU. I am hoping to get a cruise booked for spring break of 2014.
WDW: May 2014 / WDW: March/April 2014 / WDW: October 2013 / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean: April 2013 / WDW: April 2013 / WDW: September/October 2012 / WDW: June 2012 / Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera: March/April 2012 / WDW: February/March 2012 / Disney Dream 4-Night: October 2011 / WDW: October 2011 / Aulani Resort: August 2011 / WDW: March 2011 / WDW: November 2010 / WDW: October 2010 / WDW: February 2010 / WDW: October/November 2009 / Disney Wonder 4-Night: October 2009 / WDW: May 2009 / DLR: December 2008 / WDW: October 2007 / Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean: April/May 2007 / Disney Wonder 4-Night: December 2006 / WDW: April 2006 / DLR: September 2005 / WDW: Too Many Times to Count 1999-2005

jmb910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #225
Lynda Silk
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say that I used Beth Fejer at DU too and she's great!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: