Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #61
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill
I AKV....It's worth the plunge. I haven't tried Sanaa yet as I'm not the biggest fan of curry but its looking like its worth a try.

Great start to your reviews.

Jill in CO
They have lots of other dishes to try including steaks, seafood, and sandwiches.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #62
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Wow - I haven't been a fan of Sanaa, but your review has me intrigued. I love vindaloo, but I've never seen the lamb vindaloo at lunch - it must be only at dinner. Was it spicy? I hope it was, but they could probably spice it up! Furthermore, if it compared to curry made by your Australian MIL, that's serious praise.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #63
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

I absolutely adore Sanaa, particularly their bread service . Great review!

I've eaten at 98 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (40%)
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:14 AM   #64
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

We must have twin taste buds! I also really enjoyed Sanaa. I don't know how they got the basmati rice tasted so wonderful! It's rice, for crying out loud! But it was so good!

Lunch next week at Y&Y and I'm still torn between the wonderful seafood curry and the crispy mahi mahi. Tough decisions!
auntfrannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:06 AM   #65
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
So glad you've gotten started on your reviews. I'm a lover of mojitos as well. The one at Citricos is so awesome.

I've got to agree with you about Kidani Village. I've been trying to talk DH into DVC but he's not budging.

Saana is one of my favorites too. You're right those dishes look small but the portions are big.

I've never tried the BBQ sandwich at Captain Cook's but looks yummy. I think CC's is the best counter service on the monorail.
I will have to put a Citricos mojito on my Disney bucket list My DH would never budge on buyig a DVC either, I will have to count on winning the lottery so I can purchase in Golden Oak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I AKV....It's worth the plunge. I haven't tried Sanaa yet as I'm not the biggest fan of curry but its looking like its worth a try.

Great start to your reviews.

Jill in CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Wow - I haven't been a fan of Sanaa, but your review has me intrigued. I love vindaloo, but I've never seen the lamb vindaloo at lunch - it must be only at dinner. Was it spicy? I hope it was, but they could probably spice it up! Furthermore, if it compared to curry made by your Australian MIL, that's serious praise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
I absolutely adore Sanaa, particularly their bread service . Great review!
I thought the lamb vindaloo was quite spicey and some of the chutneys were very spicey as well. The lamb vindaloo is only at dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntfrannie View Post
We must have twin taste buds! I also really enjoyed Sanaa. I don't know how they got the basmati rice tasted so wonderful! It's rice, for crying out loud! But it was so good!

Lunch next week at Y&Y and I'm still torn between the wonderful seafood curry and the crispy mahi mahi. Tough decisions!
I am telling you that seafood curry is wonderful!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #66
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Yay! You are back... and started your review... and I'm loving reading it! (Sorry I'm late!) Saana is definitely one of the places that I am totally interested in trying someday soon. Thanks for sharing your experience. It really is a beautiful restaurant.

Love the dole whip machine... great photo posing next to it!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #67
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Wow - Sanaa hasn't really been on my radar but I'm intrigued by your meal here. It looks and sounds amazing!!

By the way, I plan win the lottery as well so maybe we can be neighbors in Golden Oak!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #68
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I am playing serious catch up on the boards and am very excited to see you have started your reviews
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #69
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

So to continue, we had a reservation for Yak and Yeti the next day for lunch. Well I am so sorry to say we didnt go. Neither of could even think of eating. We didn't have breakfast and just had no interest in food that day. I think it was the heat and humid weather, it just turns me off of food, and yes even my beloved seafood curry. So we went over to Epcot instead and walked around WS and previewed the booths that were already open for the F&W. So a sushi roll sounded good to me so we went over to Katsura Grill in Japan. I always liked Yakatori house and felt like it was the same ol place going there. I had the spicey tuna roll, for the price not that big, but for what I wanted at that moment in time it was perfect. Sue had the shrimp tempura with udon noodles. She was only able to eat half Both were excellent and I would go back to Katsura again for not only the food but for the friendly service.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #70
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I know what you mean about the heat/humidity playing a number with your appetite! I'm not a sushi lover but that shrimp udon looks wonderful!!! Plan B is sometimes just as well.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #71
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I know what you mean about the heat/humidity playing a number with your appetite! I'm not a sushi lover but that shrimp udon looks wonderful!!! Plan B is sometimes just as well.
You are right, sometimes plan b is perfect
Old 10-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #72
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

I have to join in here, so far your report is really good! So good in fact that I just rang DH to inform him Sanaa is now a 'must-do' on our trip next May Looking forward to the rest of your report

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #73
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

After walking around we decided to hit a couple of the F&W kiosks that were open early that Thursday before the festival.

I started off with a Radeburger beer, I do not like dark beers but love this one!

We split the Kalua Pork Slider, I think the pork sandwhich at Capt Cookes ruined this for us as the meat was dry with very little sauce. It's so funny that this was my favorite from last year!

I broke down and bought this F&W Duffy Bear! I love him as he is on full display on my kitchen island at home now.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #74
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Dinner at the Sci Fi Diner

I have not been to the Sci Fi Diner since May 2008. When we went back then it wasn't very good, but I really wanted to go back. We were hitchikers in the back of this families car for this meal They were very nice from Wisconsin and enjoyed talking to them. Our waiter was super nice and was actually a real estate agent just like Sue and I so we had a lot to talk about throughout the meal. Now on to the food we ordered the spinach dip which was soooo good!!

I went all out and blew the diet, and ordered the burger and fries. I don't know if it's because I was starving but that was one of the best burgers I have ever had. I could only eat half, but wow! I was relieved because there is nothing like consuming something that isn't good for you that doesn't taste well!

Sue had the rueben with the cucumber salad and she said it was fantastic.

We didn't have dessert, we were too full. I forgot to mention Sue had a milkshake with her meal and it was

I would not hesitate to return here, the whole theme is Disney at it's finest and I really enjoyed the food.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #75
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

Love the Dufffy Bear! So cute.

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: