Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #61
cheesehead3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimwhitt93 View Post
I'm not sure if I am doing this right or not. I'm new to the DIS Board. We are booked for the cruise leaving on the 21st of Dec. I have a DS that will be 18. His bday is in Oct so he just misses the teen club. WE live in TX now but are from the Richmond VA area.
My DS19 is a Junior at UT Arlington, not very out going but I plan on forcing him to go the college meet the first day and hopefully he will find at least one other person to talk to other than his family.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:38 PM   #62
MJDisFamCruisers
Mouseketeer

Smile Excited for this cruise!

Hello fellow DISers! :-) My family and I just booked this cruise and we can't wait! This will be our 8th disney cruise but our first cruise at Christmas. I will be sailing with my DH and DD(23). We have never ventured on a western caribbean cruise so this will be new for us! We live in Orlando, FL so we are flying in to Hobby on 12/21 and taking the Disney transfers to the cruise terminal. We participated in the FE exchange on our last cruise and would love to do it again! :-)

June 26-30, 2000 4-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Magic
June 26-July 3, 2004 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic
June 24-28, 2007 4-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Wonder
May 30-June 4, 2010 5-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Wonder
November 19-26, 2011 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic
March 22-27, 2012 5-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Dream
July 30-August 6, 2012 7-Night Alaskan Cruise Disney Wonder
December 21-29, 2012 8-Night Western Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic
March 29-April 6, 2013 8-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Magic
June 15-22, 2013 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy
March 28-31, 2014 3-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Magic
May 24-June 2, 2014 9-Night Alaska Cruise Disney Wonder

September 27-October 4, 2014 7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic

MJDisFamCruisers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #63
nancyelew
Earning My Ears

Yay, more people!!
We just got off the Magic and are really looking forward to our Christmas cruise!
I see there is some interest in a FE? If I can figure it out, I'll start a google doc with the info. I know my group will have 3 cabins.
nancyelew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #64
dfsc
Mouseketeer

FE list

Hi everyone! I just booked today and jumped to this thread to find out if a FE list had been started. Let's get the list started.

Post #174 has google document link. Access the document to update your FE information. You will also need to print this document before the cruise so you will know the room #s of the FE participants.

If you are interested in joining the Fish Extender Exchange, send me a PM or post the information in the thread and I will add you to the list.

Include the age and gender (son, daughter, wife, husband, mom, dad, sister, etc) of each person in your room that wants to participate in the exchange. You will also need to include your room #. Let the group know if you are celebrating or if your child has a favorite character.

For example this is the information for my two rooms:

dfsc: Felicia (42), DH (49), DS (8), DD (12) / room: GTY
dfsc: Shannon (39), DD (16), DD (12), DS (14) / room: GTY

I will start a new thread and continue to update the list as cruisers sign-up or as GTY rooms are assigned room #'s.
jgura is setting up a Christmas meet, I will post details in this thread once the time/date/location are confirmed. If you have a last minute room change, please bring the new room information to the meet, you could also give your FE gifts during the first night and include a note with your new room #.

To participate in the exchange you will need to buy or make a fish extender. Perform a search in the DCL forum and you will find pictures and directions if you want to make your own.

The exchange gift can be anything you want to gift. This is a list of items I have received in the past (just to give you some ideas):
Candy, notebooks/trip journals, door magnets, key chains, picture frames, trading pins, calendars, post cards, coloring books, beach toys, hand sanitizer, Christmas ornaments, items that represent the cruisers city/country, stickers, pirate themed items, glow sticks, Disney trinkets, etc.

Some cruisers craft gifts that are always very special and unique. Other cruisers (like me) purchase items as gifts. Some cruisers give a family gift to the cabin and others will give individual gifts to each person in the room.

You deliver your gifts when you want which means you will randomly find gifts in your FE. With this being a Christmas cruise everyone will feel like they have a secret Santa leaving them gifts throughout the entire cruise!!!

Let's spread the Christmas MAGIC... PM or post your information and I will add you to the list.

Links to two threads with ideas for homemade FE gifts.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ht=homemade+fe

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....gifts+fe+photo

Last edited by dfsc; 11-09-2012 at 10:03 AM.
dfsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #65
dfsc
Mouseketeer

Official FE list

The official FE list

PM or post your information and I will add you to the list. Let's spread the Christmas MAGIC during our Christmas cruise! Let's try to finalize the list by November 24. Post #64 has additional FE information.

Update: please post/update FE information in the google document. See post #174. The google document will now serve as the updated FE list. Please remember to print the document before the cruise so you will know the room#'s of the participants. If a room change is made at the terminal, you will need to leave a note with your new cabin #s in each persons FE bag.

dfsc: Felicia (42), DH (49), DS (8), DD (12) / room: 6041

Shannon (39), DD (16), DD (12), DS (14) / room: 6043

mickeymo: (Monica) DH (john), DD - Maggie (15), DS - Mike (18)/ room: 6112
mickeymo: Brian, Mariella, Matt (11)/ room 6114
mickeymo's parents: room# 6110 - Tip & Marilyn

theeighthdwarf - Room 8504 Dh (Lee), ds10 (Anthony fav character Jack Sparrow), ds8 (Justin fav char Sorcerer Mickey)

Room 8506: (Lauri), dd12 (Sarah fav char Belle), dd4 (Kate fav char - Rapunzel and Merida).

MJDisFamCruisers: Mary Jane, George (DH), Gina, DD (23) - cabin #6092

cheesehead3: Cabin 8514, Charles (DH), Tammy (DW), Zachary (DS) 19

kidz dream: Rosie, DH (OZZY), DS (11yrs), DD (6yrs) - room #?????

jgura: Jill, Rob, DD Brook (10) DD Jenna (10) - favorite characters Rapunzel and Jasmine / Currently in 8512 but we are going to try and change it for connecting rooms on board.

kimwhitt93: # 7629 DH(Mike) and DS(18 Brandon)

kimwhitt93: #7627 Me(Kim), DD(11 MaryBeth), DS(5 Connor)

Zyla2000: Kayla (30), Jeff (32)- favorite character: Donald Duck: room#5142

gizmoliz - cabin # 6542: Nick (DH), Liz (Me!), Hamish (DS 7 loves Cars movies), Philippa (DD 4 loves princesses).

skypixie - Beth Anne, DH Ed, Joey (14), Matthew (10)- Stateroom 7028

skypixie's parents - Rich & Mary Anne: Stateroom 7030

Brooklyn #1: Stephanie (DISer) / room: 5518
Brooklyn #2: Linda (Grandma), Brooklyn DD (11), Madison DD (7) / room: 5516

grlzmom: Me, dh, dd21, dd16, dd11, dd10 and ds10. No room numbers yet.

Hmorale: Morale family DW (44) DH (44) DS (10) DS (8) - Cabin 7016

Schnerk: Alex (34)/ Jennifer DW (37)/ DD Casandra (9) / DD Madison (7) / room: 7106
Schnerk: Janice DM (62)/ Wayne DF (63)/ Room 7112

Last edited by dfsc; 11-09-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #66
theeighthdwarf
Earning My Ears

Fish extenders

Hello,

Thanks for starting the FE list!
We just booked last night -

Room 8504 Dh (Lee), ds10 (Anthony fav character Jack Sparrow), ds8 (Justin fav char Sorcerer Mickey)

Room 8506 me (Lauri), dd12 (Sarah fav char Belle), dd4 (Kate fav char - Rapunzel and Merida).

My inlaws are coming as well, but I need to ask them if they are interested - this is their first cruise.

Thank you!
Lauri
theeighthdwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #67
mickeymo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyelew View Post
Yay, more people!!
We just got off the Magic and are really looking forward to our Christmas cruise!
I see there is some interest in a FE? If I can figure it out, I'll start a google doc with the info. I know my group will have 3 cabins.
We just got off too! It was a great week and terrific first sailing out of Galveston! I was impressed with the amount of corporate staff on hand at the port, training the staff and making sure everything would go smoothly.

It was interesting that the most comments from the cruise staff were about the numbers of oil rigs they passed coming into port.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #68
mickeymo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsc View Post
The official FE list

PM or post your information and I will add you to the list. Let's spread the Christmas MAGIC during our Christmas cruise! Let's try to finalize the list by December 1st.
My brother and his family also would like to participate:

mickeymo (Monica) DH (john), DD - Maggie (15), DS - Mike (18)/ room: 6112
Brian, Mariella, Matt (11)/ room 6114

Thanks so much for taking the time to organize this!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #69
mickeymo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimwhitt93 View Post
Where are you from? We are in Katy. My son is a senior. When I booked the cruise over a year ago I was told that he would still be able to go to the teen club as long as he brought his high school id. But, I got an email back in May saying the rules changed.
Hi! We're from Clear Lake - my son is a senior also. While he loved the teen club on our last cruise, he's not too bummed about the switch. As soon as the rules changed, we started talking up Palo brunch, dinner and the clubs. He figures he'll also play a bunch of pick up basketball & and is really looking forward to brunch! We went on the NYE cruise out on RCCL out of Galveston two years ago and he found plenty to keep himself busy since the teen areas weren't open during the day.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:54 AM   #70
mickeymo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnika View Post
This is a very quiet board! I'm assuming that its not very booked yet, or perhaps there are new cruisers who don't know about this board, or large family groups are going and are making their own plans with their families? Also, the last day of Public school in the area is on Friday Dec 21st and its also finals week for junior and high school. I'm hoping our teens will be exempt from a final that day (they usually are).
That helps a lot to have 1st semester final exemptions! Our district does not - and for the kids who are exempt in the spring, they must show up for a 10 minute attendance period in between the first and second final. Inconvenient to say the least.... DD15 is a sophmore - because of the new STAAR tests, she does not qualify for an exemption from spring finals. She really was not happy her brother got to sleep in last year, since he was under the old testing.

Our kids are on a final exam schedule on that Friday. They'll finish at 11:30 & we'll pick them up and head to the port. We're only 30 minutes away, so by the time we clear the crazy end of school mess in the parking lot, we should be at the terminal around 1:00...
Old 10-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #71
sinnika
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymo View Post
That helps a lot to have 1st semester final exemptions! Our district does not - and for the kids who are exempt in the spring, they must show up for a 10 minute attendance period in between the first and second final. Inconvenient to say the least.... DD15 is a sophmore - because of the new STAAR tests, she does not qualify for an exemption from spring finals. She really was not happy her brother got to sleep in last year, since he was under the old testing.

Our kids are on a final exam schedule on that Friday. They'll finish at 11:30 & we'll pick them up and head to the port. We're only 30 minutes away, so by the time we clear the crazy end of school mess in the parking lot, we should be at the terminal around 1:00...
I forgot about those new STARR tests! DD is a senior and we were always able to work around the school schedule for both kids in the past, as long as they didn't miss more than 3 days per semester, they could exempt most of their finals since they scored so well on the TAKS. Now DS 15 who is sophomore will be taking those! I need to call the school and find out what he will need to do. We are 1 1/2hours from the port, so worst case scenario, we'll be picking him up Friday from school too.
sinnika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #72
dfsc
Mouseketeer

I have added mickeymo, theeigthdwarf and MJDisFamCruisers to the FE list. Please verify I have the correct information. Post #65

I know many of you have expressed interest in the FE exchange in previous posts. Please repost or PM me your information and I will add you to the list. I just want to make sure you are still interested and I have the correct information.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:09 AM   #73
kidz dream
Earning My Ears

F/E Participants

Hi, Thanks for starting the list

I would love to participate in f/e please.

Me (Rosie)
DH (OZZY)
DS (11yrs)
DD (6yrs)

Woo-hoooo let the MAGIC begin with LOTZ OF PIXIE DUST!!!!!...
kidz dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #74
MJDisFamCruisers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsc View Post
The official FE list

PM or post your information and I will add you to the list. Let's spread the Christmas MAGIC during our Christmas cruise! Let's try to finalize the list by December 1st.

Felicia-dfsc (42), DH (49), DS (8), DD (12) / room: GTY

Shannon (39), DD (16), DD (12), DS (14) / room: GTY

mickeymo (Monica) DH (john), DD - Maggie (15), DS - Mike (18)/ room: 6112
Brian, Mariella, Matt (11)/ room 6114

theeighthdwarf - Room 8504 Dh (Lee), ds10 (Anthony fav character Jack Sparrow), ds8 (Justin fav char Sorcerer Mickey)

Room 8506 me (Lauri), dd12 (Sarah fav char Belle), dd4 (Kate fav char - Rapunzel and Merida).

MJDisFamCruisers, DH, DD (23) - room#?
Thanks so much for taking the time out to organize the FE list! Our room is GTY...will let you know asap when we get our room assignment...and hopefully it's soon! I am sailing with myself, my DH (George), and my DD (Gina).

-Mary Jane

June 26-30, 2000 4-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Magic
June 26-July 3, 2004 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic
June 24-28, 2007 4-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Wonder
May 30-June 4, 2010 5-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Wonder
November 19-26, 2011 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic
March 22-27, 2012 5-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Dream
July 30-August 6, 2012 7-Night Alaskan Cruise Disney Wonder
December 21-29, 2012 8-Night Western Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic
March 29-April 6, 2013 8-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Magic
June 15-22, 2013 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy
March 28-31, 2014 3-Night Bahamian Cruise Disney Magic
May 24-June 2, 2014 9-Night Alaska Cruise Disney Wonder

September 27-October 4, 2014 7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic

MJDisFamCruisers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #75
Sew4Angels
Earning My Ears

Yes, you are all ready to go. I now am getting excited since I look up from my computer at work to see our picture of Minnie Mouse in her purple Halloween costume from last October's cruise. It helps to make me just as excited as you are. DW of cheesehead3.
Sew4Angels is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: