Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #16
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylyn_b View Post
As of May, yes they do! We did this for our DD and got at least one of everything and mostly two of everything.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Oh, that's awesome! I was planning on doing one of the $20 boxes for each of my littles, but the big potato for $10 more seemed like it might be a better value. It sounds like I was thinking right about that. Thanks!

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #17
snowcupid
Mouseketeer

Last time we got the small box but HAD to get the body - do you not need to anymore? We stuffed all kinds of parts in his body, but it still took up a ton of room. This time we need to get the right pirate ear, we have two left ears!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #18
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

I bought a cool Potato Head body at home - he talks and so on on sale for about $20. When we were in WDW we filled a $20 box up with parts. I fit a ton in! Had to toss the box at home though, it's all smashed up. I'll put the parts in a basket or something when I give it to my nephew for his birthday. Looking forward to giving him a fun gift!
Old 10-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #19
lucifie
DIS Veteran

I checked Big Lots today and the had both Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head. They were $9 each!!! :-O

Needless to say, I won't be getting them there. I'm hoping to find a holiday set like the Easter set we have, so I'll hold off for now. I haven't checked Goodwill, either, just because the Goodwill store is in an area where I rarely go.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:19 PM   #20
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie View Post
I checked Big Lots today and the had both Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head. They were $9 each!!! :-O

Needless to say, I won't be getting them there. I'm hoping to find a holiday set like the Easter set we have, so I'll hold off for now. I haven't checked Goodwill, either, just because the Goodwill store is in an area where I rarely go.
That's lame! They still had the $3 ones at ours Big Lots on Saturday. They had some that were more, but they were the full set. The $3 ones only have one set of parts, not the full set.

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #21
ladybug0506
Earning My Ears

Have you tried ebay? I just did a quick search for mr potato head lot and there are several that are starting at .99 Granted, shipping is around $11 BUT most of them seem to come with multiple heads as well as a bunch of parts. If you went this route, you would already have plenty of arms and other regular parts and then you could just stock up on all the disney parts once you are in the parks. Also, are there any consignment sales going on in your area? There are 2 or 3 different sales currently where I live and they have had potato heads there. If you are desperate I can go tomorrow and check out our sales and see what is available and you can just pay me back for them and actual shipping to you. We actually lucked out bc DH was gifted a random Santa themed head a few years ago that he never opened. So we are going to take that one with us to give to 2yo DS and just fill a box with Disney parts when we go in Dec.

You might also ask your friends or post on your fb page that you are looking for a few potato head bodies - you never know which of your friends kids may have outgrown them. Or who may have been gifted one and doesn't want it. OR Craigslist!
ladybug0506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #22
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug0506 View Post
Have you tried ebay? I just did a quick search for mr potato head lot and there are several that are starting at .99 Granted, shipping is around $11 BUT most of them seem to come with multiple heads as well as a bunch of parts. If you went this route, you would already have plenty of arms and other regular parts and then you could just stock up on all the disney parts once you are in the parks. Also, are there any consignment sales going on in your area? There are 2 or 3 different sales currently where I live and they have had potato heads there. If you are desperate I can go tomorrow and check out our sales and see what is available and you can just pay me back for them and actual shipping to you. We actually lucked out bc DH was gifted a random Santa themed head a few years ago that he never opened. So we are going to take that one with us to give to 2yo DS and just fill a box with Disney parts when we go in Dec.

You might also ask your friends or post on your fb page that you are looking for a few potato head bodies - you never know which of your friends kids may have outgrown them. Or who may have been gifted one and doesn't want it. OR Craigslist!
I was looking at ebay earlier and found one for $.99 but they wanted $15 for shipping. It actually might have been 2 for that, but the shipping seemed outrageous. I still have some time to look around since we're not going until January.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #23
disneychic33
Mouseketeer

When we went down in March, we loaded up on potato head parts. Yes you can just buy the parts in the box and buy the potatoes separate. It is actually a lot cheaper in the long run because you can stuff so many more parts into the boxes. Have fun! It is one of my families favorite things to do.
disneychic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #24
phi2012
Mouseketeer

I too was wondering about this.
Someone also said to me that you can buy individual pieces for around the $2.50 mark, is this not the case?

I was thinking the same about just buying two bodies seperately from the box of parts. Does anyone know if that is possible as all the ones over here in the uk are pretty expensive to buy even on ebay.

Thanks and hope someone can tell me yay or no.
phi2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #25
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phi2012 View Post
I too was wondering about this.
Someone also said to me that you can buy individual pieces for around the $2.50 mark, is this not the case?

I was thinking the same about just buying two bodies seperately from the box of parts. Does anyone know if that is possible as all the ones over here in the uk are pretty expensive to buy even on ebay.

Thanks and hope someone can tell me yay or no.
I was wondering, too. I've seen people say to just buy the big pieces separately so I wonder if that applies to the body too. If so, it is probably just as cheap to buy it there.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #26
spacemountainmom
DIS Veteran

If you are looking for a cheap potato head, check Target after any holiday. They have special holiday potato heads and they go on clearance. Check after Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day and Easter.

spacemountainmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #27
aagee
Mouseketeer

so, how much is it if you buy the body separately at the DTD store?

Sorry, I can't decide if previous posters are saying a body is $2.50, or not. Just thought I'd ask the specific question

Last edited by aagee; 10-08-2012 at 10:12 PM.
aagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:05 AM   #28
phi2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aagee View Post
so, how much is it if you buy the body separately at the DTD store?

Sorry, I can't decide if previous posters are saying a body is $2.50, or not. Just thought I'd ask the specific question
Bump - anyone know?
phi2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #29
cvjw
DIS Veteran

We just filled up a $20 box a couple of weeks ago at DTD. The Dinoland Store did not have the parts - I checked there first before making a special trip to DTD. I had to get the Tink parts for my niece, as that is what she wanted me to bring her home. I will say that DH and I quickly filled up the box, and paid for it. On the way out, we saw a Mickey balloon that we had not put in our box. I asked the CM if we could add it to our box, as we still had plenty of extra room. Not only did she give us the Mickey balloon, she handed us probably 10 more pieces. Our box did not shut when we left the store.

We purchased the Potato Head at Target for $8 when we returned to Atlanta.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:57 AM   #30
phi2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvjw View Post
We just filled up a $20 box a couple of weeks ago at DTD. The Dinoland Store did not have the parts - I checked there first before making a special trip to DTD. I had to get the Tink parts for my niece, as that is what she wanted me to bring her home. I will say that DH and I quickly filled up the box, and paid for it. On the way out, we saw a Mickey balloon that we had not put in our box. I asked the CM if we could add it to our box, as we still had plenty of extra room. Not only did she give us the Mickey balloon, she handed us probably 10 more pieces. Our box did not shut when we left the store.

We purchased the Potato Head at Target for $8 when we returned to Atlanta.
It's great to hear the cm's are so helpful with filling the box and let you have it filled so full that you couldn't cose it .

We will defo be trying to get lot's when we go out there.

I don't suppose you saw if the body could be bought seperately from the DTD store for the $2.50 one of the other posters said they had heard about. We won't be able to get to a target store on our holiday and the body's are so expensive over here (UK). I would prefer to get the body out of the box seperately so we can fill the box to the rim with cool disney stuff. Hope you might have seen whilst there. Thanks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: