Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 04:55 PM   #16
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Ha! I could have looked here for your dining line up and seen your breakfast choices.

Here's my list of your reviews that I am really looking forward to reading.
Jiko, Bluezoo, Raglan Road and of course the incredible V&A!!!
No Problem! I'm most looking forward to.... ALL of it!! LOL! No but really... Going down the line I am excited about the F&W events. Bluezoo, Flying Fish, and V&A's. The other dinner restaurants we have been to before so am looking forward to more excellent meals from them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
Your plans look amazing. Can't wait to hear about it.
Thank you! It's 2 weeks from today we will be on planes to get there!!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:58 PM   #17
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Snacks!!

I have a list of snacks I wish to try! The hard part is going to be fitting them in with all of our meals and other F&W yumminess!

Here is my list so far. I know there is more I want but I can't remember them off the top of my head!

Epcot
Sunshine Seasons: Berry Bread Pudding

America: Pumpkin Funnel Cake

Germany: Caramel Crunch Bar, Salted Caramel

Magic Kingdom
Sleepy Hollow: Waffle Sandwiches
Sunshine Terrace: Citrus Swirl

DHS
Writers Stop: Carrot Cake Cookie

Resorts
Peanut Butter Cupcake - Contempo Café (Contemporary)

Boardwalk Bakery: Cheesecake Brownie

What are your top snacks!?!? These will all be OOP as no dining plan!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #18
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I had to go get myself a snack before I could bring myself to read your snack list!!

Now I can answer your question....

My favorites by park are:
MK: Mickey pretzel although I tried the waffle (fruit) sandwich but it's too big to think of as a snack!

DHS: Definitely the carrot cake cookie. Oh, and the red velvet cupcake at Starring Rolls was great!

Epcot: Anything from the France Bakery.

AK: Never had a snack there! We're never in the park all day for that to be an issue. However, I want to try the jalepeno stuffed pretzel and the toasted nuts.

Resorts:
Any Krispie Treats and don't laugh but the Smuckers P&J Uncrustables
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #19
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

I'm so envious of your dining options. To answer your question, my favorite snack is gelato from the Italy pavillion in Epcot!...and the grey goose slush in the France Pavillion. That counts as a snack, right?
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #20
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

My favorite snacks are the pineapple-vanilla swirl dole whip at Aloha Isle (of course) and the cupcakes at Roaring Fork. The sugar crêpe in France and the rice cream in Norway are also among my favorites.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #21
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

I'm in!

Jill in CO
Old 10-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #22
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I had to go get myself a snack before I could bring myself to read your snack list!!

Now I can answer your question....

My favorites by park are:
MK: Mickey pretzel although I tried the waffle (fruit) sandwich but it's too big to think of as a snack!

DHS: Definitely the carrot cake cookie. Oh, and the red velvet cupcake at Starring Rolls was great!

Epcot: Anything from the France Bakery.

AK: Never had a snack there! We're never in the park all day for that to be an issue. However, I want to try the jalepeno stuffed pretzel and the toasted nuts.

Resorts:
Any Krispie Treats and don't laugh but the Smuckers P&J Uncrustables
Yes I think I need a Mickey Pretzel as well! Good to know that the Waffle Sandwich is more meal than snack! I wonder if Sleepy Hollow is open during MNSSHP?!?!

Hubby isn't a big fan of Red Velvet and I would like to "share" most of our snacks so we can try more! We will see what we are in the mood for!

Yes, will definitely have to take a trip through the French Bakery, and the Norway one, and Karamel Kuche! Where are my expandable waistline pants?!?!

Yeah... I didn't have any snacks down for AK either! Our first day there will be pretty full with regular meals so we will see if we need any snacks!

LOVE Rice Crispy treats! Do they still have the big just plain square bricks?!?! Those are my favorite! I also love Uncrustables! I had a bunch at home for awhile! They make a GREAT SNACK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
I'm so envious of your dining options. To answer your question, my favorite snack is gelato from the Italy pavillion in Epcot!...and the grey goose slush in the France Pavillion. That counts as a snack, right?
I am going for the Grand Marnier Slushy from France and I will definitly call it a snack!! And Gelato hmmm!?!? That might be good on a HOT afternoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
My favorite snacks are the pineapple-vanilla swirl dole whip at Aloha Isle (of course) and the cupcakes at Roaring Fork. The sugar crêpe in France and the rice cream in Norway are also among my favorites.
You are too funny! I have not tried a Dole Whip... We shall see if one comes into play this trip or not!
I definitely will take a peruse of the cupcakes at Roaring Fork. Your Caramel one sounded especially good! And Sugar Crepe huh? Do they have Nutella ones?!?!
Old 10-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #23
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
You are too funny! I have not tried a Dole Whip... We shall see if one comes into play this trip or not!
I definitely will take a peruse of the cupcakes at Roaring Fork. Your Caramel one sounded especially good! And Sugar Crepe huh? Do they have Nutella ones?!?!
No nutella - I think the topping options are sugar, strawberry preserves, chocolate, or ice cream. At least you can get your nutella fix at Sleepy Hollow.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #24
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

What a dream trip you have planned!

So happy for you that you and your husband will get to spend this special time together!

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #25
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

How many days Paula??

Yes, you can still get the big brick of krispie treats along with some themed ones both at the resorts and the parks. Oh, and they also sell the traditional Mickey Head verison on a stick at a lot of the bakeries and such. Can you tell that I'm a huge krispie treat fan?? I just went to Marcelines in DTD here the other day and bought a bunch of Halloween themed ones (candy corn shape and jack-o-lanterns.) I'm sure they will have these at WDW when you are there too.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #26
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
No nutella - I think the topping options are sugar, strawberry preserves, chocolate, or ice cream. At least you can get your nutella fix at Sleepy Hollow.
Nutella is the classic! Bummer its not an option!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
What a dream trip you have planned!

So happy for you that you and your husband will get to spend this special time together!
Thank you!! I am REALLY looking forward to the trip. I can't wait to see my husband. It's been a LONG 9 weeks!!

Quote:
How many days Paula??

Yes, you can still get the big brick of krispie treats along with some themed ones both at the resorts and the parks. Oh, and they also sell the traditional Mickey Head verison on a stick at a lot of the bakeries and such. Can you tell that I'm a huge krispie treat fan?? I just went to Marcelines in DTD here the other day and bought a bunch of Halloween themed ones (candy corn shape and jack-o-lanterns.) I'm sure they will have these at WDW when you are there too.
6 days Brenda!!

I LOVE the brick Rice Crispy treats!! The others are nice and all but the bricks are just delicious to me!!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #27
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

3 days till we take flight for Walt Disney World.

4 days till I can sink my teeth into some Disney Food!!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #28
jabead
DIS Veteran

Hi Paula!

Tomorrow is the day you leave for Disney World...how exciting!!! And then your trip really begins on Friday when you get your first taste of Disney food.
I can't wait to start receiving your updates with preview pics showing us some of what we have to look forward to in your Dining Report.

I hope you and Hunter have a wonderful two weeks together at Disney World!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #29
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Hi Paula!

Tomorrow is the day you leave for Disney World...how exciting!!! And then your trip really begins on Friday when you get your first taste of Disney food.
I can't wait to start receiving your updates with preview pics showing us some of what we have to look forward to in your Dining Report.

I hope you and Hunter have a wonderful two weeks together at Disney World!
I'm so excited!!! Can't wait to be on our ways!!

Thank you! I hope the time moves slowly while we are there!!
Old 10-11-2012, 12:03 AM   #30
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Sending well wishes over here too for a wonderful trip and some amazing dining!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: