Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #31
tianna26
Mouseketeer

right now my plan tell him we are going to take my sister to visit colleges since shes going too. when at the airport have the customer service agent call my lil brothers name to come up to the desk and have her hand him a card thats says something like you are going to WDW signed my mickey with a gift card also thought of similar version of this but with flight attendant
Old 10-04-2012, 12:23 AM   #32
Newbie Cruiser
Earning My Ears

I'm surprising my DS 5 and DD 3 with a trip to Disneyland & California Adventure in January. My son LOVES Cars so we're going west (we live in Orlando!) so he can experience flying in an airplane (he has just turned 1 the first time) and Cars Land. My mom and I are not saying anything about it until we're at the airport because my kids won't stop asking about something once it comes up. LOL! I have 3 months to figure out what to tell them once we get to the airport. My ex-husband's parents, that live in Oregon, will be meeting us in Anaheim too so it's 3 surprises total for the kids!
Newbie Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 02:56 AM   #33
Lynn1274
Earning My Ears

surprise =)

We surprised our twins last year with a scavenger hunt. It started with the first word in school "We" that the teacher gave to them. A friend of mine had the second clue outside school "What is a pirates favorite letter?" "R" the playground held clue #3 taped to the bottom of the bench "going". They then had to go to their old preschool and run around answering riddles for clue #4 which was "to". The last thing I did was buy a bunch of orange and black helium balloons because we went over Halloween. Each balloon had an envelope attached. Each child took turns opening til the got the final clue "Disney".
This year I took out the Mickey Mouse popcorn bucket that we got last year. I said to it "Oh, Magical Mickey, I need a vacation to come see you. I miss you" Every day my children took turns asking Magical Mickey to please send us to Disney. Each day the child opened the bucket to find a little disney gift (pencil, erasers, stickers etc) Last Friday they opened it to find a card that said "Guess where you're going?" and I pulled out 2 backpacks with books and fun plane ride stuff with Mickey luggage tags! They went crazy!! We will be leaving this thursday. Cant wait!! My DD did start crying that Magical Mickey has left and went back to Disney. Now the popcorn bucket is in her backpack so she can "capture the magic back in it so he will bring gifts again" lol
Lynn1274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #34
phillymummer
DIS Veteran

I am reading about all the ways people are planning to tell their kids about Disney- goodie bags, scavenger hunts, letters from Mickey, etc. I must be one boring Mom! I was just planning on blurting it out on the way to the airport! LOL (while hopefully getting DDs reaction!). Now you have me re- thinking my plan!

Oct 2012 POFQ- First trip planned all by myself (and with plenty of help from The Dis!)
Next trip- Nov 2015 to MK and Universal!
phillymummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:12 AM   #35
zrabbits
Counting days till Disney

We are planning on surprising our 4 kids with their first trip to Disney in 9 days. I don't have all of the details yet, but here is my plan so far...

My kids are DS 12 (turning 13 while we are there), DS 11, DS 7 and DD almost 4.
They know we are planning a vacation, as we do every year, and that my parents are going with us, but they do not know when or where we are going. My inlaws live in Colorado and often we leave late at night or early am and they sleep in the car. Since we are driving from OK we have about a 22 hour drive to Florida. We are mixing things up this time just to keep them from knowing. We are planning to leave around 3pm and driving straight through.

I have gone to great lengths to keep this secret. I have packed everything at my parent's house and bought new shirts, socks, etc so they would not notice theirs missing. LOL! I am planning on packing the car the day before and trading cars with my dad (that would not seem odd to them). The next day we will go to my parent's house to "play games". We may play cards, dominos, etc while waiting on my mom to get home from work early. When she gets there I think we will play a game of "Let's Make a Deal" with the final prize being opening a (closet) door with balloons and a sign that says we are going to Disney! When they ask "when?" we will give them their Fairy Godmailer postcards (if they arrive) and tell them that the car is packed and ready to go!!

My oldest son has asked to go for several years now, but with the age difference in the kids we have never felt it was a good time to go. He has said several times recently that he thinks we may never be able to go. It almost breaks my heart seeing him upset, but he has NO IDEA that we have been planning this for 286 days! We are going all out for our first trip. We are doing the Pirate League, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Chef Mickey's, etc. I plan on telling them about those "little" surprises along the way as we drive. For example, I have pirate bandanas and eye patches and my husband will suddenly be a Pirate when they return from a potty break. Our suburban will be "The Black Pearl" and we will all be pirates (an idea I got from momsminivan website). This is when I will tell them about the Pirate League.

They don't know anything about the parks except what they have seen in the commercials so I have guide books, trading pins, movies, etc to inform them of on our LONG drive. I am SO excited about this trip!! I just hope I can keep my mouth shut for another 9 days!! Wish me luck!!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #36
mksbrown
Earning My Ears

Creative juices needed. We are surprising our 6 and 4 year old girls two weeks from today. First trip, first airplane , first everything. We have kept this a secret since February. We really want a cute surprise that they both will "get" at the same time. Suggestions???
mksbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #37
jpdeg99
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillymummer View Post
I am reading about all the ways people are planning to tell their kids about Disney- goodie bags, scavenger hunts, letters from Mickey, etc. I must be one boring Mom! I was just planning on blurting it out on the way to the airport! LOL (while hopefully getting DDs reaction!). Now you have me re- thinking my plan!
Nothing wrong with that !

We leave next weekend. We may fly, so if that is the case, I am hoping we can keep it from them until we walk up to the Magic Express.

If we drive, it will be when we drive under the arch.

Thus far, all they know is that we are going to a place called Wilderness Lodge for a vacation, and that there is a lot to do there. My 6 year old thinks it sounds scary. I also think she is suspicious and may know but is playing along.
jpdeg99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #38
Viator80
Mouseketeer

Surprising my 2 boys at Christmas, 3 and 7. I bought lots of disney stuff, pins, books, etc and wrote this note that will be on the box. (Also putting balloons in box so they will come out when opened)

Hiya pals,
I just heard the great news! you'll be coming to visit me at Disney world in 6 weeks! I can't wait to see you guys. I heard that you would be flying on an airplane to get here. Hot diggity dog! Cinderella wanted me to let you know that her mice will be making you an extra special breakfast to eat in the castle at her royal tables. Oh boy! I've been talking to my friends Donald, Buzz Lightyear, Woody, the Mad Hatter, Alice, and Mary Poppins and they can't wait to meet you! I hope you get to ride some of my rides too. Charlie, I think you'll really enjoy pirates of the Caribbean, the tower of terror, star tours and the haunted mansion. Isaac, I know you'll love dumbo and riding on the walt disney railroad. Don't forget to come to my very own restaurant, Chef Mickeys. I'll come by to see you when you get there! Your mom and Dad and me got together and came up with some things we thought you'd need for your trip. Gosh, I can hardly wait! Dont forget to wear your ears. See ya real soon!
Viator80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #39
Niewoe
Mouseketeer

When my DS was 3, I decided to surprise him since I thought it would be better than him asking every 5 min when we were going. Since he couldn't read, I cut out pictures of all his Disney stuffed animals and made a scavenger hunt. Each animal held a picture of the next one to find... All leading to Mickey and a new Disney rollie suitcase - filled with goodies and games for the plane, along with a note from Mickey!!

Now, if he only didn't cry because he wanted to stay home with his toys and play... Too young for that big of a surprise I guess, or my kid is just weird! lol He's 5 now, and helps plan all of our Disney trips... Maybe one day he'll surprise me! (One can hope!!)

DVC members since 7/12

Disney Surprise (DS at age 3) best part is at the end... if you've never seen a kid not want to go to disney world, it's worth your time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjDvh5vxhh8
Niewoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #40
hollypoast
"Perfect is the enemy of the good.... simply starting plays a bigger role in your success than any other factor."

Great ideas! My daughter has also asked me to surprise her the next time we go. She has laid out exactly how she wants to be surprised. (scavenger hunt, the morning we leave, new carry-on suitcase ) I'm trying to decide if I should do it "her way" or do something different so she doesn't catch on quickly.

I love the idea of saying you are dropping Dad or someone else off at the airport.
hollypoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #41
zomama
Mouseketeer

we are surprising our two also (3 & 5). Sunce they are so young we plan to keep it simple. I'm thinking of waking them up with a wrapped box, when they open the box Mickey balloons will come out and there will be a letter telling them they are going to disney world. May even do it the night before we leave since we have to leave for airport really early!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: