Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #556
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Wow a June trip too? You lucky girl! Are y'all going to hit up SWW?? After December we won't be going again until December 2013. Sorry to hear Aria got what you have. Does sound like a stomach virus. When Alex had his in February he wouldn't drink the pedialite so we gave him G2 Gatorade as suggested by a children's hospital nurse. He didn't want to eat anything but fruit either. It totally sucks but the pediatrician can't do anything for them any more than you already are. I pray you both are 100% by the time you leave for Disney. At least you're getting it out of the way before you leave instead of while you're there like we did :-/

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 09-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #557
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Lol I just read through all 38 pages, btw your daughter is beautiful, I followed you over from the Facebook group page for December. My husband and I are going for the first time in December for a short 5 night stay. But in planning this trip I have been excited on when to introduce Disney to my two baby boys, they are currently 19 months and 3 months. I was planning either September or October next year so they will be a little older but still young that we don't have to pay for them. I am glad I found your TR. I do take my son Jordan the newborn out but it can get pretty ugly when it's feeding time lol. He is breastfeed and still has not gotten use to a bottle( sort of like he doesn't know how to drink from one) and in public he recently starts to get panicky and cry when I use my cover up. So normally I have to go back to the car with him or find a private spot. But I saw the post of the baby breast feeding hat and I ordered one for him. Loving your plan for October. If you don't mind me asking how did you get such a great deal on that condo. For our first trip for my family I was thinking about a home rental, the kids might be a lot more comfortable then just a room at a Disney resort. Can wait till you go in October and see how the Aria likes it. I know your super close. Can't wait to read you tr!

Last edited by bellaally; 09-30-2012 at 04:10 PM.
bellaally is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #558
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Finally all caught up! Aria did so great on your outings! I am sure Disney will be just wonderful

Love that you bought an Air Chair at the Faire (haha, that's a poem)... we have two that we got a couple years ago in P-Town and we just love them!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:40 AM   #559
Dugette
DIS Veteran

I hope you're both feeling better! Your trip is so soon!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #560
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
Wow a June trip too? You lucky girl! Are y'all going to hit up SWW?? After December we won't be going again until December 2013. Sorry to hear Aria got what you have. Does sound like a stomach virus. When Alex had his in February he wouldn't drink the pedialite so we gave him G2 Gatorade as suggested by a children's hospital nurse. He didn't want to eat anything but fruit either. It totally sucks but the pediatrician can't do anything for them any more than you already are. I pray you both are 100% by the time you leave for Disney. At least you're getting it out of the way before you leave instead of while you're there like we did :-/

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I didn't realize SWW was at that time!! LOL! I think we may try and avoid it though. I'm not a fan! I bet Chris J. would enjoy it though so I will have to mention it to him.

I gave Aria pedialyte and she drank a little bit, I tried from a sippy, bottle, then straight from a glass which she prefered (minus getting the sticky liquid down her front...lol). she is doing WAY better now though and eating solids again as well as nursing better! YAY!

I know, I'm still so sorry you guys got sick! I hope it has fully passed through us (and Andrew still hasn't gotten sick!) and we stay well throughout the trip! Fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaally View Post
Lol I just read through all 38 pages, btw your daughter is beautiful, I followed you over from the Facebook group page for December. My husband and I are going for the first time in December for a short 5 night stay. But in planning this trip I have been excited on when to introduce Disney to my two baby boys, they are currently 19 months and 3 months. I was planning either September or October next year so they will be a little older but still young that we don't have to pay for them. I am glad I found your TR. I do take my son Jordan the newborn out but it can get pretty ugly when it's feeding time lol. He is breastfeed and still has not gotten use to a bottle( sort of like he doesn't know how to drink from one) and in public he recently starts to get panicky and cry when I use my cover up. So normally I have to go back to the car with him or find a private spot. But I saw the post of the baby breast feeding hat and I ordered one for him. Loving your plan for October. If you don't mind me asking how did you get such a great deal on that condo. For our first trip for my family I was thinking about a home rental, the kids might be a lot more comfortable then just a room at a Disney resort. Can wait till you go in October and see how the Aria likes it. I know your super close. Can't wait to read you tr!
WOW!! SO happy to see a new DIS'er here! Thanks for following me over!!

It's been maybe the last 2 months or so that Aria can be distracted when she is hungry long enough to get everything settled, find a nursing spot, etc. Before then, I could NOT move fast enough! I bet by December your little one will be much more patient for it hahaha. I hope you like the hat!! Love that you were reading all the posts, makes me so happy!

The condo we are staying at this trip I got from a government travel website - getravelop.com which is due to my work. IDK how to get it that cheap otherwise, but any sort of DoD, military, etc can use it. However, for our June trip the 6 bedroom house with a private pool is only $800 for the week - if you are interested in details on that click on the VRBO link! It's a steal, though certainly more reasonable if you can split the cost between a few people.

I love staying at the DVC resorts for the extra room, but the price of staying offsite is pretty tempting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Finally all caught up! Aria did so great on your outings! I am sure Disney will be just wonderful

Love that you bought an Air Chair at the Faire (haha, that's a poem)... we have two that we got a couple years ago in P-Town and we just love them!
YAY welcome back to the DIS! LOL! Love P-TowN! It's my favorite part of the Cape I think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
I hope you're both feeling better! Your trip is so soon!
THANK YOU! I'm impressed you stopped in to say hi!! I hope things are going great for you and baby Isabella!!

We are feeling much better!! I will do a new update in just a sec...gotta go pump! LOL (I'm at work)
Old 10-02-2012, 08:40 AM   #561
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

FIRST THINGS FIRST - 2 DAYS 2 DAYS!!

Yep only 2 days left!! And for work, just the rest of today and tomorrow. Not too bad!

We are about 90% packed. Three suitcases are totally buttoned up, just have to get our park backpack out, in which I will pack the ipad, charging cables, and probably some more Aria toys. And we have 2 suitcases open - the carry on and the 4th checked bag LOL. I am bring WAY too many clothes but she has so many cute things I couldn't decide and am basically packing every single outfit that I love of hers. Or even mildly like...haha...and of course I just bought something else which should arrive Wed or Thurs and I'm hoping we catch the mail truck in time to stuff the outfit into a suitcase...

In other news, this past weekend went by in a blur! Andrew threw me a birthday party on Saturday night, so he spent the day preparing for that, tidying up the house, etc. He did an amazing job - handled all the party appetizers, got me a TINKERBELLE cake!! Which was super cute! Unfortunately, he took a total of 3 pictures all night (including the cake, thankfully) but i haven't had a chance to upload them. Hoping to do that tonight and then wiping the memory card so we have the full 3,000 picture capacity...we may only need to clear it out a couple times on the trip then!

Sunday I FINALLY got Andrew to pack his clothes. And he wrapped my birthday presents (I know, MORE?!). We had the guests-that-never-leave who stayed at the house from the party saturday, then we (Andrew) made a huge breakfast, then they just say around until 1 (YES ONE PM). LOL. Andrew's parents came by around 3 to give me birthday gifts and stayed for Dinner, so basically Sunday was a bust minus finally getting most of Andrews clothes packed away.

I also read about something SUPER AWESOME - the Disney Visa Card lounge at EPCOT, which ALSO has a special Illuminations viewing areA!?!?!? Definitely going to check that out. They have free beverages (soda and coffee and such), and it looks like a great place to get away from the heat and crowds. I hope the viewing area is great and we can actually get in!

Oh and on another positive note, we are feeling much better! Thank you for all your concern! After another 2 days last week of attempting Pedialyte, plus getting her to nurse, and trying to get her to eat solids, Aria finally came around and I think her tummy is doing much better now! Plus she is eating really well again. Last night we steamed broccoli and gave her chunks to eat, which she AND the dogs loved...

and IDK if I shared this with you, but our kitties were snuggling one night last week and I snapped a picture

(this post needed some pictures even if they really don't fit LOL, I don't like non-picture posts, hope you don't mind!)

Well that's all for now! I won't be able to get 100% done with packing until after my shower Thursday morning, but I hope to do it all minus toiletries tonight. Oh and milk, the milk I pump this week at work I plan to bring along with a bottle, mainly just so I don't have to worry about pumping enough for Kids Nite Out. (I'm bringing my pump too of course but just don't want to have to fret over getting enough out).
Old 10-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #562
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

LOVE the pictures you have added!!

I can't believe you leave in 2 days! Have a GREAT trip! Hope to see you at the 3D Dessert Party!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #563
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Ahhh! I am so excited that you are off in just a few days! I hope you have a fabulous trip and can't wait for your TR!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #564
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Bet your super excited about your trip, I am lol, you have not left yet and I can't wait to read your TR. Well our first trip is in December an I know your going as well, so after reading your post, I had a brilliant idea or borrowed your, I have decided to upgrade to AP's since we want to go in September with the whole family. After talking with hubby we now have a trip planned for May as well. So we are going in December, May, and September. I mean for two trips the AP just makes sense. So why not get a lot out of the APs and add a thrived trip. Hope you enjoy your trip, and take plenty of pics of Arias first WDW adventure.

bellaally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #565
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
LOVE the pictures you have added!!

I can't believe you leave in 2 days! Have a GREAT trip! Hope to see you at the 3D Dessert Party!
Aw thank you!! I love our animals My 1st babies hehehe (and yes still my babies too!). Hope to see you too, I will be looking for you, but please stop if you see me K!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Ahhh! I am so excited that you are off in just a few days! I hope you have a fabulous trip and can't wait for your TR!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thanks!! I'm excited to!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaally View Post
Bet your super excited about your trip, I am lol, you have not left yet and I can't wait to read your TR. Well our first trip is in December an I know your going as well, so after reading your post, I had a brilliant idea or borrowed your, I have decided to upgrade to AP's since we want to go in September with the whole family. After talking with hubby we now have a trip planned for May as well. So we are going in December, May, and September. I mean for two trips the AP just makes sense. So why not get a lot out of the APs and add a thrived trip. Hope you enjoy your trip, and take plenty of pics of Arias first WDW adventure.
LOL! I am excited to write a TR for the first time. I'm proud I kept up with this PTR (minus a few little absenses..like Aria's birth and such...)

HAHAHA that sounds familiar!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! When in May? It would be neat to overlap Though we don't get there til May 31st hehe.

I'm trying to talk a friend into a weekend trip next Spring. We'll see how that goes. I expect to nurse Aria til she is 1 and then would like to be done (I applaud those who do it longer, but I really REALLY don't enjoy it and look forward to being done).

Anyway (sorry off topic) I hope we enjoy the trip too, I keep mentally going through all the things we will be doing (things such as - HOW IN THE WORLD ARE WE GOING TO GET THROUGH SECURITY WITH ALL OUR CRAP?!) LOL but I'm sure it'll be great.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #566
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Well, this may or may not be my last post until we leave!! I just printed our boarding passes - with early bird check in we got A24 and A25 (!!!!!!!!!!) I found out there are 60 spots, and the first 18 or so are reserved for business select, so I'm kinda jumping for joy about those #'s!! I really really hope to get a front row seat, with that nice floor space. Other than that, we'll just aim for near the front.

I am almost done packing. Tonight I need to pack the pump, supplies, bottles - plan on carrying this on (this thing was EXPENSIVE LOL). I'm mentally preparing myself for explaining what it is to a TSA agent...

I washed most of the diapers and stuffed them last night, tonight I just have to wash the ones from daycare & stuff those, so that should go pretty quickly (generally I wash 2 times a week then have a big stuffing evening which can take over an hour to stuff like 50 diapers).

All extra clothes have been washed/folded/packed so tomorrow morning I just have to add in the toiletries, ipad, and iphone/ipad charging cable. I plan to have the car packed so when Andrew gets home from work (BY 11AM I TOLD HIM! ) we can hop in the car and go.

Tonight his duties are: feeding the chickens, filling their water containers, and mowing the lawn.

A friend/Andrew's coworker & commuting buddy is taking us to the airport, so they'll come home and then hop into the Expedition and we should be good to go. We have to go to the counter to check bags and get a pass of some sort for Aria (yes, I got her birth certificate!).

Sorry this was a super duper boring update, it was mainly for my own sanity. But I am excited about the A24/25 #'s

On other news, while I was on Southwest's website, I checked Andrew's account and his 50000 points were in there! They open up flights through May 31st on October 22nd, so we'll book that flight then (with EBCI!!!) - probably first flight of the day. I am not sure what time they release the fares, need to go check that out. HOW AWESOME is it that in the 1.5 months between October disney trip and December Disney trip, I get to book flights AND dining for my June disney trip!?!? (Sorry give me a moment to soak this all in while you roll your eyes and smack your computer...I've never had anything like this remotely in my life, before this trip they were all spaced 3 years apart!).

K I'm done. Back to tomorrow - YAY! NO IDEA HOW WE'RE GOING TO MOVE EVERYTHING but we'll figure it out. I should get a picture while we are at the curb though packing the car seat away LOLOL.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #567
oboedm
DIS Veteran

You have to get a picture of that! Hooray for early boarding! That will be super nice having to get settled with aria!
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #568
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

You think you will be bad with bags... I will have 2 checked bags, my carry-on, and my "personal item" stuffed full! and I am the only one flying out of here! Normally when I don't have a ride to the airport I take the light-rail but that involves walking a half mile to get on it. I am not sure I can balance all the bags to get to the light-rail. I REALLY don't want to take a shuttle... A taxi would cost to much! URGH! Not sure what to do!! If I was leaving during the evening I would have lots of people that could bring me but seeing as my flight is mid-day rides are hard to come by.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #569
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

have a wonderful trip! We'll be here anxiously awaiting your new TR!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #570
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
You think you will be bad with bags... I will have 2 checked bags, my carry-on, and my "personal item" stuffed full! and I am the only one flying out of here! Normally when I don't have a ride to the airport I take the light-rail but that involves walking a half mile to get on it. I am not sure I can balance all the bags to get to the light-rail. I REALLY don't want to take a shuttle... A taxi would cost to much! URGH! Not sure what to do!! If I was leaving during the evening I would have lots of people that could bring me but seeing as my flight is mid-day rides are hard to come by.
So I was able to get on the flight I was hoping to get on by begging and pleading at the airport if I got there early enough. Since I am already on the flight I want I will drive to the airport. Drop off my checked bags, come back and park my car and then take the lightrail with just my carry-on and personal bag! Will be much easier to balance that way!!

I hope you have a FABULOUS TRIP!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: