Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #376
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by viajeromagico View Post
Yes, the dates always are the same.

In this case the final date is march 7

Another thing is that the adults tickets are to at child price.

So i think the promotion will be release with some name like "Adults play and eat like childrens"

The official date to start booking is October 10
Thanks, that is what I thought. Bummer, we arrive on March 21st. I wonder if that current PIN code floating around for room only until March 24th will go to the general public.......something is better than nothing!!
Old 10-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #377
bteaster5
Earning My Ears

We are booked to arrive February 24, 2013. I am crossing my fingers we can get FD. We went this same week last year and got it. I'm stalking the WDW page! I wish they would HURRY UP!!
bteaster5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #378
DisneyFEB2013
Mouseketeer

This is now posted at the bottom of the package reservation page:

Walt Disney World® Resort reservations may be booked online for check-in dates up to and including December 31, 2013. Please be advised that we will be updating our systems to serve you better. During this enhancement, beginning on October 8 at 5 p.m. ET, online bookings and bookings through the Disney Reservation Center will be unavailable. We expect to return to full functionality by the afternoon of October 9. Please note that these dates and times are subject to change. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience.
DisneyFEB2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #379
DisneyFEB2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by viajeromagico View Post
Yes, the dates always are the same.

In this case the final date is march 7

Another thing is that the adults tickets are to at child price.

So i think the promotion will be release with some name like "Adults play and eat like childrens"

The official date to start booking is October 10

Uggh, I hope that is not the deal. The difference between the child and adult ticket per day is about $3.00. I guess it is better than nothing. But, wondering if a room only discount is the way to go if those are released (which it sounds like from previous convos people have had with CM's.)
DisneyFEB2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #380
Bettie
Mouseketeer

Like everyone here, I'm going crazy waiting for a free dining promo to come out for 2013! But honestly...if the site is down that long because they are upgrading the reservations site and actually bringing it into the 21st century, that's almost more exciting!
Bettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #381
dreebee
Earning My Ears

Crossing my fingers for free dining end of Jan/early Feb! Planning our first trip to Disney and any savings will help! Impatienly waiting for the specials to be released!
Old 10-04-2012, 02:29 AM   #382
Kronk N Tink
Found Nemo

Looking at all the new info.....

It would seem like Oct 10th is our date in between the rumour leak from the latin site and the fact that the booking platform will be down for a day right before that. I find all of that timing waaaaaaay too coincidental to mean much of anything else.

I repriced our potential trip with the details of the rumoured deal and it actually still works out really well for us, free dining would be better of course but this Adults at Kids pricing is still a nice chunk of change saved. Even better if they put it out for the right date (Feb 24th) and I don't have to pay for my son.

One thing I noticed with the new rumour is that it actually makes the mods instead of the values a better deal.... after pricing out the cost between both (adding a few TS meals we really want to do even if we only have QS DDP to the value pricing) there was only about a $250 difference in the price instead of the usual $500 for a 6 day trip. Has us seriously considering upgrading the resort.

Feb 2013 CBR
Nemo's First Trip Feb 2012 ASMo
Kronk and Tink's first trip together Oct 2008 POFQ
Kronk has stayed many many times (somewhere between 15-20) At FW
Kronk N Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:45 AM   #383
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFEB2013 View Post
Uggh, I hope that is not the deal. The difference between the child and adult ticket per day is about $3.00. I guess it is better than nothing. But, wondering if a room only discount is the way to go if those are released (which it sounds like from previous convos people have had with CM's.)
I agree. It would save us some money on the dining and I'll take what I can get, but since we have more kids than adults we would save a lot more with free dining. I'm prepared to pay the price I was quoted when we booked, but it would be nice if we didn't have to.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:32 AM   #384
Bo Duke
(Jason) l You can NEVER make everyone happy, but You can make everyone miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFEB2013 View Post
This is now posted at the bottom of the package reservation page:

Walt Disney World® Resort reservations may be booked online for check-in dates up to and including December 31, 2013. Please be advised that we will be updating our systems to serve you better. During this enhancement, beginning on October 8 at 5 p.m. ET, online bookings and bookings through the Disney Reservation Center will be unavailable. We expect to return to full functionality by the afternoon of October 9. Please note that these dates and times are subject to change. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronk N Tink View Post
Looking at all the new info.....

It would seem like Oct 10th is our date in between the rumour leak from the latin site and the fact that the booking platform will be down for a day right before that. I find all of that timing waaaaaaay too coincidental to mean much of anything else.
The site is going down for maintenance. But it isn't because they will be adding the discounts. It is only to upgrade their booking system.

I believe there will be offers but this downtime will not produce it. I say this for 2 reasons.

1) for discounts and deals, the site would only be down for a little while (about an hour tops) because it doesn't take much to change that. 2 days down we should (better) see a possible complete revamp of the booking page. Possibly to make the first steps to the x-pass integration. I don't know, just a thought.

2) Disney usually starts Discounts at the beginning of the week. Usually Mondays but the latest room offer was started on a Sunday.

Just my thoughts.

March 1996 (HS band trip) Offsite(that was scary!), May 2011 CBR, Jan - Feb 2012 CBR, Jan - Feb 2013 POR, Jan-Feb 2014 POP

Bo Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:35 AM   #385
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

It will still be a good savings for us, but I am still hoping for altogether free dining when next fall rolls around. I think once they change it, it will be for all times of year, but you never can tell. Probably depends on how it goes over for the trial run. I never rely on a specific discount until it is actually offered anyway. I am just hoping for some kind of discount.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:40 AM   #386
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Ugh - I don't like this rumoured dining promotion. LOL

I think I'd prefer a room discount and pay OOP, and not be stressed about using up credits, getting to a reservation, etc. With 4 Disney "adults" and 1 child, I know the dining plan will be waaayy too much food for us anyways.

Time will tell I guess. Getting anxious as well. Flights booked, some reservations booked, now where to sleep.

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
momof2gr8kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:33 AM   #387
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Posters over on the Resorts / Discounts board and reporting some kind of Room Only Disney Visa Discount for early 2013 today.. but nothing about F/D or anything resembling the promotion being discussed here via the Latin America connection.

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:13 AM   #388
Bo Duke
(Jason) l You can NEVER make everyone happy, but You can make everyone miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Duke View Post
The site is going down for maintenance. But it isn't because they will be adding the discounts. It is only to upgrade their booking system.

I believe there will be offers but this downtime will not produce it. I say this for 2 reasons.

1) for discounts and deals, the site would only be down for a little while (about an hour tops) because it doesn't take much to change that. 2 days down we should (better) see a possible complete revamp of the booking page. Possibly to make the first steps to the x-pass integration. I don't know, just a thought.

2) Disney usually starts Discounts at the beginning of the week. Usually Mondays but the latest room offer was started on a Sunday.

Just my thoughts.
Looks like i might be eating my words here. except for that it isn't for FD

March 1996 (HS band trip) Offsite(that was scary!), May 2011 CBR, Jan - Feb 2012 CBR, Jan - Feb 2013 POR, Jan-Feb 2014 POP

Last edited by Bo Duke; 10-04-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Bo Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #389
Z28KatCar
"A wish is a dream your heart makes"

Historical Discounts!

Hey all, Don't know how many of you know about this website but I thought I'd share. Its a historical record of discounts offered since 2009. It details stay dates, type of discount, when it became available & how long they were available for.

http://www.mousesavers.com/historica...ort-discounts/

1974-1992 off site 2x/yr!, 1989-1992 Participant in the Candlelight procession ,1995 ASMV, 1997 AS, 1999 POFQ, 2003 Day Trip, 2010~2 wks ASMo, 2013~2 wks WL CL
Z28KatCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #390
my4guys
Earning My Ears

JUST RELEASED TODAY!! Room Discounts for 2013! Travel dates are 1/2/13-3/7/13. Disney Visa Cardholders can book today before released to the general public on 10/10. Tickets and Dining can be added as well. Up to 35% off select resorts!
my4guys is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: