Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 12:10 AM   #46
SueTGGR
Disney visits as often as money will allow-donations accepted
 
SueTGGR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Northern CA-Gilroy
Posts: 669

OK, Summer is over. Not that I'm happy but it leaves me to plan our Disney Christmas!
I have added my name to our FE list. It will be the 3 of us in the cabin, myself, my husband, Jeff and our wonderful pre-teen son, Alec.
I am impatiently waiting for it to be Midnight on the East Coast so I can get in to make my reservations and plans on DCL website! It worked before but doesn't seem to be working this time.
I'm hoping to get Palo reservations for the first night as I don't think we will even do the dinner rotation on this cruise unless we find that there might be something different on the menus this time. We were on both the Magic and the Fantasy this June so we are good with all the food choices. Maybe I can wiggle in a 2nd Palo reservation?
Well off I go to try again...wish me luck!
Sue
__________________
Thank you Aulani for the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!!!
Best Summer, yet! Magic in the Med and then Italy for 2 more weeks!
Quick road trips to DLR will have to be it for awhile as Italy broke us!
Grew up around Disneyland until I was silly enough to move away. Now make yearly (or more) trips from Nor Cal And now hoping to help others find their Paradise!
SueTGGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #47
DisneyDreamGirl87
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyDreamGirl87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueTGGR
OK, Summer is over. Not that I'm happy but it leaves me to plan our Disney Christmas!
I have added my name to our FE list. It will be the 3 of us in the cabin, myself, my husband, Jeff and our wonderful pre-teen son, Alec.
I am impatiently waiting for it to be Midnight on the East Coast so I can get in to make my reservations and plans on DCL website! It worked before but doesn't seem to be working this time.
I'm hoping to get Palo reservations for the first night as I don't think we will even do the dinner rotation on this cruise unless we find that there might be something different on the menus this time. We were on both the Magic and the Fantasy this June so we are good with all the food choices. Maybe I can wiggle in a 2nd Palo reservation?
Well off I go to try again...wish me luck!
Sue
Hopefully you got your reservations! Can't wait to 'meet' everyone!
DisneyDreamGirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #48
Tero81
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 12

Hello!

Getting ready for our family's 2nd cruise, and was wondering if anyone can join the FE group? Can't wait for the December to be here!!
Tero81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:56 PM   #49
DisneyDreamGirl87
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyDreamGirl87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tero81
Hello!

Getting ready for our family's 2nd cruise, and was wondering if anyone can join the FE group? Can't wait for the December to be here!!
Hi tero81!

I found a google document on page 1 that I added my family's name to for the FE. Can't wait!!!
DisneyDreamGirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #50
maidenfairy
If only I wasn't married and he wasn't gay.
 
maidenfairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 798

Here is a question. My oldest son will be a month from 11 when we depart. Do u think he would be allowed in the tween area? I think he would prefer that over the 3-10 age group.
__________________
Tonya, Dh , DS , DS
maidenfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #51
Tero81
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 12

Added our family on Fe list. Our son will be staying with my parents in other cabin, but they are not taking part to the FE so I added him to our cabin so he won't feel left out if that's OK?
Tero81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #52
maidenfairy
If only I wasn't married and he wasn't gay.
 
maidenfairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 798

Oh that's fine. How nice to have the cabin to yourselves! My mother in law thought of coming with us and was going to have one of our kids stay with her. But we booked late and couldn't get rooms close to each other. So she bowed out.
__________________
Tonya, Dh , DS , DS
maidenfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #53
Elaine Dragonlady
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 120

Red face Hi and welcome

I've been away from the boards for a while, and happy to be back. Welcome to all our new friends, can't wait to meet you all in December.
Elaine Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #54
SueTGGR
Disney visits as often as money will allow-donations accepted
 
SueTGGR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Northern CA-Gilroy
Posts: 669

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward On Board View Post
When doing FE gifts, do we do one for the family or one for each person? One for each day of the cruise or one for the duration of the trip?
I can answer this part, typically it is up to you. Most will do one for each person in the cabin but it is perfectly ok to do just something for the whole cabin. They are just guidelines. The only way you can get people grumbling is if you sign up and do nothing in return, in my experience. So there is no right or wrong. Oh and it is for the whole cruise, not each individual day, unless you really want to do it for each day
Last time we had so many that we broke up cabins into groups and did a group each day.
I am not sure who is our main FE organizer but hopefully they will jump in and answer the rest.
Sue
__________________
Thank you Aulani for the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!!!
Best Summer, yet! Magic in the Med and then Italy for 2 more weeks!
Quick road trips to DLR will have to be it for awhile as Italy broke us!
Grew up around Disneyland until I was silly enough to move away. Now make yearly (or more) trips from Nor Cal And now hoping to help others find their Paradise!
SueTGGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #55
maidenfairy
If only I wasn't married and he wasn't gay.
 
maidenfairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 798

Booked Palo for the hubs and me, 1st night at 830. Will childcare be available? Or do I need to cancel and do another night? Can't find the hours of the oceaner's club.
__________________
Tonya, Dh , DS , DS
maidenfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #56
Ward On Board
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueTGGR View Post
I can answer this part, typically it is up to you. Most will do one for each person in the cabin but it is perfectly ok to do just something for the whole cabin. They are just guidelines. The only way you can get people grumbling is if you sign up and do nothing in return, in my experience. So there is no right or wrong. Oh and it is for the whole cruise, not each individual day, unless you really want to do it for each day
Last time we had so many that we broke up cabins into groups and did a group each day.
I am not sure who is our main FE organizer but hopefully they will jump in and answer the rest.
Sue
Wonderful! I've started making cabin gifts and bought some stuff for the kids so they will have more items. :-) I'm getting sooooo excited!
__________________


Disney Dream December 2012
Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter December 2012
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside December 2013
Ward On Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #57
DisneyDreamGirl87
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyDreamGirl87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward On Board

Wonderful! I've started making cabin gifts and bought some stuff for the kids so they will have more items. :-) I'm getting sooooo excited!
Me too! This will be our first disney cruise and first time participating in an FE. What better way to celebrate our honeymoon!

:-)
DisneyDreamGirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #58
TheQueenMum
Minding the Princesses
 
TheQueenMum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 150

Hi everyone!

Sorry I've been quiet, work's been crazy! Let me know if anyone needs help with the fish extender doc. Glad to see it growing!

-C
__________________
Me DH DD(11) DD(1)

and two very tolerant dogs.


TheQueenMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #59
Elaine Dragonlady
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 120

Red face FE Gifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward On Board View Post
When doing FE gifts, do we do one for the family or one for each person? One for each day of the cruise or one for the duration of the trip? How many people/cabins generally participate and when will we have a final number to plan for? I'm excited to start planning--I just want to know the rules ahead of time to make sure I'm playing fair! :-)
We've finally decided on one gift per cabin, plus a little 'something English' to share.
Elaine Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #60
Tero81
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 12

Hello!

Any interest for FB on our FE group. I made a page for us in case anyone would like to share information through FB, personally I feel more comfortable sharing information privately through FB group. All the information is only shared for group members. It can be found under name:The Dream before Christmas, hopefully I didn't step on anyones toes when I did the group.
Tero81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.