Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 12:10 AM   #46
SueTGGR
Disney visits as often as money will allow-donations accepted

OK, Summer is over. Not that I'm happy but it leaves me to plan our Disney Christmas!
I have added my name to our FE list. It will be the 3 of us in the cabin, myself, my husband, Jeff and our wonderful pre-teen son, Alec.
I am impatiently waiting for it to be Midnight on the East Coast so I can get in to make my reservations and plans on DCL website! It worked before but doesn't seem to be working this time.
I'm hoping to get Palo reservations for the first night as I don't think we will even do the dinner rotation on this cruise unless we find that there might be something different on the menus this time. We were on both the Magic and the Fantasy this June so we are good with all the food choices. Maybe I can wiggle in a 2nd Palo reservation?
Well off I go to try again...wish me luck!
Sue
Grew up around Disneyland until I was silly enough to move away. Now make yearly (or more) trips from Nor Cal And now hoping to help others find their Paradise!
SueTGGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #47
DisneyDreamGirl87
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueTGGR
OK, Summer is over. Not that I'm happy but it leaves me to plan our Disney Christmas!
I have added my name to our FE list. It will be the 3 of us in the cabin, myself, my husband, Jeff and our wonderful pre-teen son, Alec.
I am impatiently waiting for it to be Midnight on the East Coast so I can get in to make my reservations and plans on DCL website! It worked before but doesn't seem to be working this time.
I'm hoping to get Palo reservations for the first night as I don't think we will even do the dinner rotation on this cruise unless we find that there might be something different on the menus this time. We were on both the Magic and the Fantasy this June so we are good with all the food choices. Maybe I can wiggle in a 2nd Palo reservation?
Well off I go to try again...wish me luck!
Sue
Hopefully you got your reservations! Can't wait to 'meet' everyone!
DisneyDreamGirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #48
Tero81
Earning My Ears

Hello!

Getting ready for our family's 2nd cruise, and was wondering if anyone can join the FE group? Can't wait for the December to be here!!
Tero81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:56 PM   #49
DisneyDreamGirl87
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tero81
Hello!

Getting ready for our family's 2nd cruise, and was wondering if anyone can join the FE group? Can't wait for the December to be here!!
Hi tero81!

I found a google document on page 1 that I added my family's name to for the FE. Can't wait!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #50
maidenfairy
If only I wasn't married and he wasn't gay.

Here is a question. My oldest son will be a month from 11 when we depart. Do u think he would be allowed in the tween area? I think he would prefer that over the 3-10 age group.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #51
Tero81
Earning My Ears

Added our family on Fe list. Our son will be staying with my parents in other cabin, but they are not taking part to the FE so I added him to our cabin so he won't feel left out if that's OK?
Old 10-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #52
maidenfairy

Oh that's fine. How nice to have the cabin to yourselves! My mother in law thought of coming with us and was going to have one of our kids stay with her. But we booked late and couldn't get rooms close to each other. So she bowed out.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #53
Elaine Dragonlady
Mouseketeer

Red face Hi and welcome

I've been away from the boards for a while, and happy to be back. Welcome to all our new friends, can't wait to meet you all in December.
Elaine Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #54
SueTGGR
Disney visits as often as money will allow-donations accepted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward On Board View Post
When doing FE gifts, do we do one for the family or one for each person? One for each day of the cruise or one for the duration of the trip?
I can answer this part, typically it is up to you. Most will do one for each person in the cabin but it is perfectly ok to do just something for the whole cabin. They are just guidelines. The only way you can get people grumbling is if you sign up and do nothing in return, in my experience. So there is no right or wrong. Oh and it is for the whole cruise, not each individual day, unless you really want to do it for each day
Last time we had so many that we broke up cabins into groups and did a group each day.
I am not sure who is our main FE organizer but hopefully they will jump in and answer the rest.
Sue
Grew up around Disneyland until I was silly enough to move away. Now make yearly (or more) trips from Nor Cal And now hoping to help others find their Paradise!
SueTGGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #55
maidenfairy

Booked Palo for the hubs and me, 1st night at 830. Will childcare be available? Or do I need to cancel and do another night? Can't find the hours of the oceaner's club.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #56
Ward On Board
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueTGGR View Post
I can answer this part, typically it is up to you. Most will do one for each person in the cabin but it is perfectly ok to do just something for the whole cabin. They are just guidelines. The only way you can get people grumbling is if you sign up and do nothing in return, in my experience. So there is no right or wrong. Oh and it is for the whole cruise, not each individual day, unless you really want to do it for each day
Last time we had so many that we broke up cabins into groups and did a group each day.
I am not sure who is our main FE organizer but hopefully they will jump in and answer the rest.
Sue
Wonderful! I've started making cabin gifts and bought some stuff for the kids so they will have more items. :-) I'm getting sooooo excited!

Disney Dream December 2012
Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter December 2012
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside December 2013
Ward On Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #57
DisneyDreamGirl87
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward On Board

Wonderful! I've started making cabin gifts and bought some stuff for the kids so they will have more items. :-) I'm getting sooooo excited!
Me too! This will be our first disney cruise and first time participating in an FE. What better way to celebrate our honeymoon!

:-)
Old 10-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #58
TheQueenMum
Minding the Princesses

Hi everyone!

Sorry I've been quiet, work's been crazy! Let me know if anyone needs help with the fish extender doc. Glad to see it growing!

-C

and two very tolerant dogs.

TheQueenMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #59
Elaine Dragonlady
Mouseketeer

Red face FE Gifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward On Board View Post
When doing FE gifts, do we do one for the family or one for each person? One for each day of the cruise or one for the duration of the trip? How many people/cabins generally participate and when will we have a final number to plan for? I'm excited to start planning--I just want to know the rules ahead of time to make sure I'm playing fair! :-)
We've finally decided on one gift per cabin, plus a little 'something English' to share.
Elaine Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #60
Tero81
Earning My Ears

Hello!

Any interest for FB on our FE group. I made a page for us in case anyone would like to share information through FB, personally I feel more comfortable sharing information privately through FB group. All the information is only shared for group members. It can be found under name:The Dream before Christmas, hopefully I didn't step on anyones toes when I did the group.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: