Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
3kidmama
Earning My Ears

Advice on Tickets....

Our family trip is all planned for Disneyland October 21-26th. We weren't planning on going into the parks on Sunday, but now that we found out IASW last to be open is Sunday we are rethinking our plan (dunces it's our 5 years old DD favorite ride). I have a Deluxe Ap and I purchased the 3 day PH for DH and DD's before the price increase in May through GAT. We will be going to the Halloween party Tuesday Oct 23rd. So here's the thing I'm debating switching their 3 day PH to 4 day 1 park a day passes. This is my reasoning: It's only going to be an $80 price increase instead of $170 for 4 day PH. We can ride IASW a few times and other rides plus see the "regular fireworks". We can do CA Monday, Tuesday we're going to MHP and will enter the Park at 4, Wednesday back to CA( side note DL is closing at 6 that might for a private party) and then Thursday back to DL. What do you all think? We've always done park hoppers, but the cost to do $170 PH is just too much the $80 is do able. (Oh also, I don't wanna leave my Husband out in upgrading his Tix. He lives DL/CA as much as all of us). Thanks in advance!!
3kidmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
3kidmama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kidmama
Our family trip is all planned for Disneyland October 21-26th. We weren't planning on going into the parks on Sunday, but now that we found out IASW last to be open is Sunday we are rethinking our plan (dunces it's our 5 years old DD favorite ride). I have a Deluxe Ap and I purchased the 3 day PH for DH and DD's before the price increase in May through GAT. We will be going to the Halloween party Tuesday Oct 23rd. So here's the thing I'm debating switching their 3 day PH to 4 day 1 park a day passes. This is my reasoning: It's only going to be an $80 price increase instead of $170 for 4 day PH. We can ride IASW a few times and other rides plus see the "regular fireworks". We can do CA Monday, Tuesday we're going to MHP and will enter the Park at 4, Wednesday back to CA( side note DL is closing at 6 that might for a private party) and then Thursday back to DL. What do you all think? We've always done park hoppers, but the cost to do $170 PH is just too much the $80 is do able. (Oh also, I don't wanna leave my Husband out in upgrading his Tix. He lives DL/CA as much as all of us). Thanks in advance!!
* Meant to say IASW is DD favorite ride
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #3
Mel522
DIS Veteran

I don't think Park Hoppers are as important as they were before the California Adventure re-opening. That park is now a full day park instead of a 1/2 day. We recently went for 5 days, and didn't park hop at all (we had park hopper tickets.)
Mel522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #4
3kidmama
Earning My Ears

*Bump
Old 10-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
interstate70s
DIS Veteran

It's a tough call. It is a big price difference, but I'd hate to be tied down to just one park per day. We just got back and did a 6 days in the parks (5 days with park hoppers plus Halloween Party tickets) Besides the Halloween party, I don't think there was a day we didn't parkhop, so I guess it depends on you touring style.
interstate70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #6
KalamityJane
DIS Veteran

If you are staying at the grand or pph, it is worth it to get the ph so you can cut through dca straight to the grand or through the grand and across the street to pph.
KalamityJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #7
3kidmama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamityJane
If you are staying at the grand or pph, it is worth it to get the ph so you can cut through dca straight to the grand or through the grand and across the street to pph.
No, we are staying at HoJo got the entertainment rate before they changed prices.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: