Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #391
nan1217
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkluvr23 View Post
Would you mind sharing the file? You did an amazing job!
It would be easiest for me to just re-order and have them sent to you. Email me shannon at wdwprepschool.com and we can arrange it.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:37 AM   #392
Family Loves Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nan1217
Here's my Disney planning binder. Since I use it a lot, I decided to design it and have it custom made.

I also designed the 8 index tabs for inside...

The 8 tabs are labeled:
- General Info
- Hotel
- Dining
- Magic Kingdom
- EPCOT
- Hollywood Studios
- Animal Kingdom
- Everything Else

I pulled together 100 links for the kinds of things I put in each of those sections. Links to all downloads at http://wdwprepschool.com/a-peek-insi...ree-downloads/
All I have to say is OMG! I love it! For someone like me that does not have the time to do anything this creative, would you mind doing one for me?

Family Loves Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #393
nan1217
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Loves Disney View Post
All I have to say is OMG! I love it! For someone like me that does not have the time to do anything this creative, would you mind doing one for me?
They're pretty pricey. Email me shannon at wdwprepschool.com if you'd like me to order one for you.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #394
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Is anyone willing to share their pages and templates. I made hubby and I a cool autograph book and wanted to combine all the info in there, so to kinda consolidate into a scrapbook when we get home, even made an envelope for pressed pennies in the back.

Check out my blogwww.rapunzelscrafts.weebly.com
DLR- 31st birthday & proposal- August 2011
WDW-AOA- 1 year Anniversary- March 2013
DLP- September 2013
Disneyworld Beach Club and First Dream Cruise- June 2014
RapunzelFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #395
brandijo5
LSU Tiger Stadium - No Place Like It!!!!!!!!!

Check out my pre trip report (link is in my signature) for the planning binder I made.

Trip Report:http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post46898620
brandijo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:00 AM   #396
Belle83
DIS Veteran

OMG I have found my people.

Well, when I found the DIS I thought that...but now I *really* think that!
Belle83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #397
miklaur
Earning My Ears

This is the best thread! I have just poured through the whole thing and I am so excited to get moving on my binder. It is just what I was looking for to keep me in "Disney Mode" now that the initial planning and reserving for our trip is out of the way. Thank you to all who have taken the time to share and contribute!

miklaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #398
Svhadden
Mouseketeer

This question has prolly been asked before...

...and I hope I don't sound snarky, because that's not my intention at all. I'm genuinely curious. My question is, what is the value of going to all this effort for a planning binder? I mean, instead of maybe using a Passporter? I've always used Passporters, but I *love* the idea of doing my own planning binder. I'm not super-crafty, so looking through some of the ones y'all have done is VERY intimidating .

So I guess I'm wondering why you'd do one of your own rather than use one that's already put together?

Again, I'd love to do one of my own, and maybe I'm just looking for a way to justify it .

Thanks in advance!

Always dreaming about our yearly September trip .
Svhadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #399
turkeymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svhadden
...and I hope I don't sound snarky, because that's not my intention at all. I'm genuinely curious. My question is, what is the value of going to all this effort for a planning binder? I mean, instead of maybe using a Passporter? I've always used Passporters, but I *love* the idea of doing my own planning binder. I'm not super-crafty, so looking through some of the ones y'all have done is VERY intimidating .

So I guess I'm wondering why you'd do one of your own rather than use one that's already put together?

Again, I'd love to do one of my own, and maybe I'm just looking for a way to justify it .

Thanks in advance!
I haven't made one yet, but I can explain why I want to. Planning is at least half the fun for my family. Filling in the Passporter isn't nearly as exciting as making a cool planning binder. .
turkeymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #400
danicaca
Mouseketeer

As far as why - I am just an organized kind of gal. Also, I like to customize it to what I need and want - I don't like a bunch of blank, unused pages! My binder is getting pretty full...It is a great resource when someone asks me a question about our trip, and just keeps everything in one place. I actually had a friend of mine ask me if she could buy it from me to help her plan her trip next year!
No countdown for now, but a trip in December of this year or perhaps next is in the works - woo hoo!
danicaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #401
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

This thread is amazing. So many creative people. Going back to read everything.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:25 AM   #402
ladylovesatramp
Earning My Ears

i swear this thread should come with a warning!
I must have lost days first reading and then starting to craft my own planning folder. we fly out in a little over a week so the final touches are going in now. all on the pc so i can print out two copies- mine and one for my mum whos coming along for the ride!
will try and post some photos if anyone would be interested.
(p.s- a loooonnnng term lurker who has been drawn out by impressive planning folder that I have seen!)

Looking forward to returning Home to the World.

Me (23), The Non-Disney BF (23) and my Mum, (???) an escaped

ladylovesatramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #403
turkeymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylovesatramp
i swear this thread should come with a warning!
I must have lost days first reading and then starting to craft my own planning folder. we fly out in a little over a week so the final touches are going in now. all on the pc so i can print out two copies- mine and one for my mum whos coming along for the ride!
will try and post some photos if anyone would be interested.
(p.s- a loooonnnng term lurker who has been drawn out by impressive planning folder that I have seen!)
I would love to see photos! DH bought me a full size Mickey binder for my birthday. Still not sure when we are going back though. I guess I can still put the "bones" together.
turkeymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #404
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

Smash Book Style planners

I really am crushing on the professional designed binder and dividers etc. that Shannon at wdwprepschool.com designed, but not all binders have to be that deluxe. I have made two different versions that are more like the Smash book styles that are popular with scrapbookers.

The first one I did from scratch and made the pages from letter-size card stock. each page was 5.5 x 8.5 inches (I rounded the corners for a little nicer look). I made some pages that folded out so I could add photos and trinkets etc as I went along. I also had pages for dining, hotel, airplane, etc. that could be filled out by hand and added some journaling space. I added stickers and rubber stamped images throughout the book.

I took a small scrapbook kit with me with the plan to work on it each night. Didn't happen! I staggered home so late every night after the fireworks etc. that I just flat out died the minute I hit the bed.

The second book I did is a standard composition book with Mickey paper added on the covers and inside pages to make sections. I also used a lot of stickers and rubber stamped images and brochures etc. I again added pictures throughout after the trip. This one is more compact and I think I like it best.

The third trip I took in 2012 (I know, it was CRAZY!) I didn't make an official planning binder. I just picked up a small bound journal with Mickey on the front and used it to make all of my notes and lists and record reservations etc. My plan was to do some actual 12x12 scrapbook pages from this trip. Haven't quite got around to that yet but it was only this past Halloween.

Anyway, you can take a look at my books on the disneyscrappers.ning.com site: http://disneyscrappers.ning.com/phot...=2zpj58yetfhfz

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

mickey1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:54 AM   #405
Team Trystan
Earning My Ears

Oooohhhh Cool!

Wow! I love scrapbooking, and this is very adorable! Thanks for sharing
Team Trystan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: