Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #16
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

I've been looking at the webcams all morning. So nice to see her in Galveston!

It'll be me and my DD who turns six on 2/13. My mother and father-in-law are going as well. My DH passed in July '11 but we still do our annual vacation with my in laws.

I'm in the OCD excessive planning stage. It's exciting because we've been to Disney so many times that it's almost like old hat for me. I no longer have to research anything when we go and this is a whole new world for me. It's been so fun looking for info on excursions, looking at different activities on the ship. I'm so stinkin' excited!!

Anyone doing fish extenders? I'm looking into them but they are pricey on etsy.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #17
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

Is anyone dressing up for pirate night? Almost finished with DD's costume now. It's also the night of her birthday, the 13th. She'll be the cutie dressed in pink and black with the feathered minnie ears on.
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #18
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Tuesday is Madi Grad

Ship will be in Grand Cayman. Do not forget Valentine's Day also falls on this cruise. Minnie321's dad See You Real Soon title should be Mardi Gras

Last edited by Minnie321; 10-05-2012 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Title miss spelled
Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #19
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

Anyone else taking advantage of the Kids Sail Free promo?
Old 10-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #20
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliesmommy View Post
Anyone else taking advantage of the Kids Sail Free promo?
I JUST DID!!! Our fifth cruise!!!

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #21
Beermam42
Grit and bear it

This thread is about cruise on Magic Feb 9, 2013 Galveston

You may want to move discussion to the general Forum. I am sure their will many interested.
Beermam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:44 PM   #22
jp3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL

I JUST DID!!! Our fifth cruise!!!
I'm thinking about it. Have it reserved but need to decide by tomorrow and I need to convince my husband this is a good deal and worth it to go. How do you find it for only children? Reserved for March 1st 8 day Bahamas cruise from Galveston. I think we would all have fun.

Also is the difference in price for inside vs veranda cabin worth it? We have always had a balcony but the inside seems large enough.
jp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #23
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp3 View Post
I'm thinking about it. Have it reserved but need to decide by tomorrow and I need to convince my husband this is a good deal and worth it to go. How do you find it for only children? Reserved for March 1st 8 day Bahamas cruise from Galveston. I think we would all have fun.

Also is the difference in price for inside vs veranda cabin worth it? We have always had a balcony but the inside seems large enough.
Are you on this threads cruise Feb 9th?? I am confused or the March 1st which this isn't? Sorry blonde moment...LOL And what doyou mean How do you find it for only children???

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #24
Beermam42
Grit and bear it

Read trip report Magic April 2012. McSparklesons

Quote:

This individual tells about last trip going from outside to inside. They will not let me put link but under trip reports cruises. Their are two reports, one from last year also. If any thing great reading. Mc Sparklesons
Beermam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #25
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Called today and had the KSF applied to my balance and I saved $619.00 - yeah!!! I was so happy that my dad saw the KSF promotion - thank you dad!!

Old 10-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #26
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliesmommy View Post
Is anyone dressing up for pirate night? Almost finished with DD's costume now. It's also the night of her birthday, the 13th. She'll be the cutie dressed in pink and black with the feathered minnie ears on.
We are thinking about getting the Guy Harvey pirate T-shirts and wearing bandannas. My DS 15 is of course too cool to dress up and my daughter is on the shelf about it - we did see a cute pirate outfit on Esty but she hasn't really decided if she likes it. Now my dad is interested in dressing up and has had my mom looking for costumes but I think she has come to the conclusion that it would cost about $400 for us all to get costumes.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #27
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I have never been on a cruise so I can't say about the inside vs the balcony. We got a balcony because we figure it is our first cruise and we are going to go all out incase we decide we don't like cruises!

Old 10-11-2012, 05:55 AM   #28
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermam42 View Post
This individual tells about last trip going from outside to inside. They will not let me put link but under trip reports cruises. Their are two reports, one from last year also. If any thing great reading. Mc Sparklesons
Dad I don't think you can post links until you reach a certain amount of post you have made.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:36 AM   #29
whitfive
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone! We just booked this cruise, we couldn't pass up the kids sail free! We are SO excited!
This will be our 3rd cruise and our first on the Magic! We sailed the Wonder in 2009 on a KFO and we just did the Fantasy in June....we loved it!

We are flying in from Mt. Pleasant SC (near Charleston) and the crew coming with me will be:
Michelle (me), Jim(Husband), Josh (17DS), Hannah (16DD) and Matthew (11DS-he will be 12 the week AFTER our cruise!)

Is there interest in doing an FE? If so, I would like to join.
I look forward to getting to know you all before the cruise!
Have a MAGICAL day!

ME DH DS 18 DD17 DS 13

WDW:May 2000,Feb 2002,Nov 2003,Dec 2005, Jan 2007,Nov 2007,Feb 2009,Dec 2010,Nov 2011, Sept 2012,May 2013, Dec 2013, March 2014, Sept 2014
DCL: April 2010-Wonder 4 nt. Bahama June 2012-Fantasy 7 nt. Eastern Feb 9 2013-Magic 6 nt.Western Oct 27 2013-Dream 4 nt Bahama Jan. 2, 2014-Dream 3 nt. Bahama March 7, 2014-Magic 3 nt Bahama June 7, 2014-Fantasy 7 nt. Western Oct 1 2014-Wonder 5 nt Double Dip Jun 20, 2015-Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Carnival: Aug 2011-Facination 4 night Bahama
whitfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #30
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitfive View Post
Hi Everyone! We just booked this cruise, we couldn't pass up the kids sail free! We are SO excited!
This will be our 3rd cruise and our first on the Magic! We sailed the Wonder in 2009 on a KFO and we just did the Fantasy in June....we loved it!

We are flying in from Mt. Pleasant SC (near Charleston) and the crew coming with me will be:
Michelle (me), Jim(Husband), Josh (17DS), Hannah (16DD) and Matthew (11DS-he will be 12 the week AFTER our cruise!)

Is there interest in doing an FE? If so, I would like to join.
I look forward to getting to know you all before the cruise!
Have a MAGICAL day!
This will be our first cruise and we are supper excited!! We are Tracy (me), DS Trent - 15, DD Annalise - 11, my mom (carol) and my dad (Arthur).
We may be interested in doing a FE - we have read all about it and my daughter was really interested so I guess if more are interested it would be fun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: