Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
kganous
Earning My Ears

Are they not having MNSSHP every Friday night in October?

We where planning on attending this Friday night like we have the last two years. I had just assumed it would happen again. Does anyone know why they are not doing them like the past few years?
Disneyland Paris, (GIS)7/2000, (Holiday Inn)7/2004, (Davy Crockett Ranch)5/2008, (Dream Castle)10/2008, 11/2008,(Marriott)3/2009,4/2009, 10/2009, 7/2010, 10/2010. 10/2011, 5/2012 (Explorers) 2/2011, (Kyraid) 4/2011
WDW Multiple times off site pre-2000, Vistana Resort 6/2012
Contemporary, 7/2003, 7/2005
Shades of Green,7/2006
POP, 4/2007, 11/2009
OKW, 12/2007
BCV, 12/2009
POFQ 6/2011, 8/2014
AKL, 6/2012
kganous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

it'll be all down to costs. No MNSSHPs this year at all I'm afraid.
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun, December 14 HNY
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris

It was announced back in June when they did the Halloween press release... I don't think it was as profitable as the other evenings (Terrorific Night) and they just decided to scrap it

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

We are not going this year but I think it is truly a shame for the little ones. (possibly might go next year if they bring them back!!).

I honestly don't 'get' the terrorific nights - I mean, it's Disney, not Hammer House of Horrors . Not suitable at all for children.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPDreams View Post
I honestly don't 'get' the terrorific nights - I mean, it's Disney, not Hammer House of Horrors . Not suitable at all for children.
They sell out though where the MNSSHP didn't, you could buy tickets on the day, and the TN are full of parents bringing their tweens and teens as well as adults who might never have come to DLP before and that might come back after to the park.

Halloween isn't popular in France, it was unknown before the late 90's then after immense commercial bombarding was adopted for a few years and has now pretty much died a death.

Vive la différence
Old 10-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #6
DLPDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
They sell out though where the MNSSHP didn't, you could buy tickets on the day, and the TN are full of parents bringing their tweens and teens as well as adults who might never have come to DLP before and that might come back after to the park.

Halloween isn't popular in France, it was unknown before the late 90's then after immense commercial bombarding was adopted for a few years and has now pretty much died a death.

Despite commercial efforts (!), some people don't go mad about Halloween in the UK either - not like the USA anyway. It is steadily growing in popularity however.

I see your point about the Terrorific nights selling out but honestly, could they not even hold one or two MNSSHP nights : They didn't need to run as many and then perhaps they would find them full...?

I honestly wonder what Walt would have thought about the Terrorific nights - having seen the videos, I really don't see how it fits in with the Disney ethos... But I suppose holding them in the Studios fits better than the MK....
Old 10-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #7
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPDreams View Post
Despite commercial efforts (!), some people don't go mad about Halloween in the UK either - not like the USA anyway. It is steadily growing in popularity however.

I see your point about the Terrorific nights selling out but honestly, could they not even hold one or two MNSSHP nights : They didn't need to run as many and then perhaps they would find them full...?

I honestly wonder what Walt would have thought about the Terrorific nights - having seen the videos, I really don't see how it fits in with the Disney ethos... But I suppose holding them in the Studios fits better than the MK....
We celebrated Halloween when I was a child back in the 70's as did everybody I know/knew so to me it's always been around. Even my parents did apple bobbing in the 50's ...OH had no idea what it was all about until 1997 which was the first year here that we got it

The MNSSHP only started in 2008 by which time all the fuss about Halloween was over here...they should have started them earlier in the 00's

As for what would Walt think or say it's impossible to know and leads to many a debate over on the US boards - The BOG controversy comes to mind here

Vive la différence
Old 10-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #8
DLPDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
We celebrated Halloween when I was a child back in the 70's as did everybody I know/knew so to me it's always been around. Even my parents did apple bobbing in the 50's ...OH had no idea what it was all about until 1997 which was the first year here that we got it

The MNSSHP only started in 2008 by which time all the fuss about Halloween was over here...they should have started them earlier in the 00's

As for what would Walt think or say it's impossible to know and leads to many a debate over on the US boards - The BOG controversy comes to mind here
Oh yes, we 'celebrate' it and I did as a child, but not in the manner they do in the US, even now in the UK, it's not to that scale. But I'm sure we'll end up that way .

about Walt and the BOG controversy! We'll leave it there then ....

Meanwhile I'll keep my fingers crossed that MNSSHP returns next year!
Old 10-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #9
smallpig
Mouseketeer

Such shame, we loved it last year. Was a great atmosphere, hope they reconsider next year!

Trip reports

No TR but Orlando and WDW - Feb/March 13

June 2011: Very hot summer trip report

October 2011 Halloween trip

April 2012
We just can't stay away...
smallpig is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: