Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
courtthib
Mouseketeer

Unhappy Depressed DCP Alumni FA 2011

Hello DIS Boards!

I completed my DCP 10 months ago (still feels like yesterday) and I am STILL going through the Disney withdrawals! I had the most amazing experience in the WORLD! I find myself missing it every single day. I'm sure I'm not the only one! I'm just hoping to connect with some people who can feel my pain. I'd also be more than happy to answer any questions that any first timers may have! I know I had lotssssss of questions in the beginning and I was so thankful for all of the tips and advice I received!

DCP ALUMNI | Fall Advantage 2011 | Boardwalk Merchandise
Feb. '06 - BWR | Feb. '08 - AKL | Dec. '10 - POR | Sep. '11 - CBR | Nov. '11 - POP | Jan. '12 - POP | Feb. '13 - POP | May '14 - YC

courtthib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
duckman17
Earning My Ears

I'm sorry you're feeling depressed! I have a quick question about discounts/getting time off. I know you have to be given access to The Hub but my question is about the DCL discounts. Right now me and my friend are supposed to be going on DCL March 10-14 and I was wondering how much of a discount I would get and how hard it is to get the time off.
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
courtthib
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman17 View Post
I'm sorry you're feeling depressed! I have a quick question about discounts/getting time off. I know you have to be given access to The Hub but my question is about the DCL discounts. Right now me and my friend are supposed to be going on DCL March 10-14 and I was wondering how much of a discount I would get and how hard it is to get the time off.
As for the time off, it depends.....I worked at a resort, so I had a one on one relationship with all my managers. They go by how many other people in your work location requested off for the days that you requested. If for some reason you get them denied, go talk to your managers!! Most of them will be more than happy to help you if they can. You can also try to trade your shifts with other cast members. I never had a problem getting the days I needed off between all of those options. People will be happy to help you if you help them . As far as discounts for DCL, I'm actually not sure how much you get. I know they sometimes offer veryyy low priced cruises to CMs, but I'm pretty sure they are SUPER hard to book! Wish I knew more for you

Hope this helps!

Feb. '06 - BWR | Feb. '08 - AKL | Dec. '10 - POR | Sep. '11 - CBR | Nov. '11 - POP | Jan. '12 - POP | Feb. '13 - POP | May '14 - YC

Old 10-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #4
AliSW
\

Haha well mine was fall 2010!!! And to make it worse, my brother is on the CP now so I always have to hear about it. but I will be back.. just not at all soon enough!
AliSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
courtthib
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliSW View Post
Haha well mine was fall 2010!!! And to make it worse, my brother is on the CP now so I always have to hear about it. but I will be back.. just not at all soon enough!
Oh that must be sooooo hard! I'm so jealous of all the people preparing to check in, but still so happy for them because I know how much their lives are about to change! Hopefully I will be back too one day (sooner rather than later)!

Old 10-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
AliSW
\

It really sucks haha but it is an opportunity to go visit! I only refuse to set eyes on any of the complexes when I can't get in haha. I'm going back right after I graduate next year so I'm on a countdown :D
AliSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #7
taigirl87
Resident Pixie Duster

I miss Disney so much! but i was there fall 09-spring 10! my husband im sure gets sick of me talking about it so much ha ha! We both applied to go this fall but after pending for so long, we both didnt get in(and I ended up being okay with that cuz other awesome things have happened that wouldnt have if we had left for florida). husband did say we could do a trip out there next year in sept or oct! so ive been obsessing over that ha ha!
taigirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #8
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigirl87 View Post
I miss Disney so much! but i was there fall 09-spring 10! my husband im sure gets sick of me talking about it so much ha ha! We both applied to go this fall but after pending for so long, we both didnt get in(and I ended up being okay with that cuz other awesome things have happened that wouldnt have if we had left for florida). husband did say we could do a trip out there next year in sept or oct! so ive been obsessing over that ha ha!
I'm in the exact same boat. I wasn't able to make FA this year, but many other wonderfully interesting things have happened that wouldn't have otherwise.

My question is, what tips do you have for someone wanting to work Attractions or one of the more popular roles?

Also, what were your top three choices, and how did your interview influence these?

Thanks!

Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #9
CorEeyore
Mouseketeer

OHMYGOSH I MISS THE DCP SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!

I talk about Disney EVERY.DAY. with my boyfriend.

My first DCP I went down by myself in the Fall of '09 and then in the Fall of '11 I went down with him We drove all the way from Minnesota to Florida and listened to tons of Disney songs as well as "The good life" by One Republic and wrote on the back of our car "We're MOVING to Disney World." It was amazing. We had SO much fun and both miss it and all of our friends terribly.

I'm also available to answer questions. Before both of my programs I basically lived on Disboards.

If we were allowed to go down and to the cp more than twice...we would.

CorEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #10
saturdaygirl
Mouseketeer

i did my cp in spring of 2007 and i DEFINITELY miss it i would've done another cp earlier but i messed up in school, lol BUT fall 2014 is calling my name

saturdaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #11
taigirl87
Resident Pixie Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorEeyore View Post

If we were allowed to go down and to the cp more than twice...we would.
you can definitely do the cp more than twice. Do you know Joanna? she's definitely done more than two and now she is full time

My husband and i are gunna go visit in may with some friends from my cp, whom i actually met here on the dis :D That trip can not come soon enough!
taigirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: