DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
akl-fan
DIS Veteran

Photopass

Do members still get a photopass discount. It is $169 dollars for the CD which is too expensive for me. We were able to pre order it for a discount in the past if I recall correctly.

Thanks

Katrina
akl-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
stefanospops
DIS Veteran

Too funny. I just finished pre-ordering my photopass cd then came here to check something else when I saw your post. You can preorder the cd for $119.95 There is a link below.

They also have a new thing called photopass plus that you can preorder for $169.95 that gives you all your pictures but also includes any pictures taken on select rides and in select restaurants. Second link below.

I can't remember if we can post links to wdwinfo, so if not I apologize and expect my post will be edited.

Preorder $119: http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx
Photopass info: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/digital-photos.htm
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

There is no DVC discount, just a pre-order discount available to anyone - at the links posted above.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:01 AM   #4
melissarose
Mouseketeer

ok, i'm new to this photopass thing. can you get an unlimited number of photos taken? like, if you buy the cd for $119 do you just find as many photographers as possible and have as many pictures taken as possible and then you get to keep them all? if someone could just give me a quick overview i'd appreciate it! it seems like a lot of money so i just want to make sure it's worth it if i am going to even consider it! i wouldn't mind paying $120 for like 200 pictures, but surely you can't get THAT MANY taken?
melissarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:39 AM   #5
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissarose View Post
ok, i'm new to this photopass thing. can you get an unlimited number of photos taken? like, if you buy the cd for $119 do you just find as many photographers as possible and have as many pictures taken as possible and then you get to keep them all? if someone could just give me a quick overview i'd appreciate it! it seems like a lot of money so i just want to make sure it's worth it if i am going to even consider it! i wouldn't mind paying $120 for like 200 pictures, but surely you can't get THAT MANY taken?
You can get unlimited photos. I don't think he has yet updated to address the new Photopass + product that includes ride/meal photos, but the best information for Photopass in general is here:
www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
Old 10-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #6
melissarose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
You can get unlimited photos. I don't think he has yet updated to address the new Photopass + product that includes ride/meal photos, but the best information for Photopass in general is here:
www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass
thanks!
melissarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #7
lawrenceFletcher
No longer renting points

Quote:
LOTS AND LOTS ! My wife loves pictures and we stopped for every photographer we could. in addition, they include 'stock' photos of the castle and topiaries or whatever holiday or special event is going on. Every character meet and greet in the park had 3-7 photos and different angle available. There is a photo studio in DTD if you have in town visitors or you are going to the BBB and want photos. When we got home I had 30 days to crop out the guy in the background or crop out my kids who were looking away. When done, we were well over 400 photos ( including special borders they include) Also we spent a bit extra and got the 10 page photo book including a digital backup!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #8
DenLo
DIS Veteran

We had preordered a photopass cd for our family gathering in June 2011. There were three families involved so that meant lots of photos. And all those photos were added to the same photo CD. I bought the CD so I took photos of everyone's photopass and added them to our photopass account. And when I got the cd at home, I made copies for each family.

I plan to do the same for the six families that are meeting us at WDW in June 2013. I've been told even if there are so many photos taken that a second CD is needed it's fine. You just get two CDs instead of one. I'm hoping there are not that many photos though because it takes time to go through them and add borders for some of the photos.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #9
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran

So then you just take the cd to Walgreens, Walmart, etc and print the pictures you want?
Old 10-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #10
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletsmama View Post
So then you just take the cd to Walgreens, Walmart, etc and print the pictures you want?
Yes. A limited copyright release is included in the CD and you will probably have to show that depending on how strict they are where you print them. I have heard a few places refused to print them anyway (I think some Walmart locations) but generally it shouldn't be a problem. Many people also use online printing services like Shutterfly.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #11
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Quote:
I prepaid for the CD before the price increase, so I got mine for $99, and we ended up with 240 photos last week, and much to my surprise, they threw in some stock photos of characters, about 12 or so.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #12
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran

Wonderful information, thanks. Does anyone know if there's a time limit? We'll be down for a quick long weekend in November and then a 2 week trip in January. I'm wondering if I can put the pictures from both trips on 1 cd.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #13
akl-fan
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all your replies.
akl-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #14
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletsmama
Wonderful information, thanks. Does anyone know if there's a time limit? We'll be down for a quick long weekend in November and then a 2 week trip in January. I'm wondering if I can put the pictures from both trips on 1 cd.
You have a max of 30 days from when the first photo is taken to claim your photos of the website. Then from that claiming date, you get a max of 30 days to edit and order (although you can pay for short extensions). If you can make those rules works with your trip dates, then you can do it.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #15
butsy113
AKV Owner

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: