Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #646
Aimeedyan
Why get all excited about something as silly as a fake celebrity? Or getting a tag?
Jello is not meant to be chunky

We own an iron because DH is crazy about ironing his clothes... weirdo. He was super stoked the day he brought home a Rowenta. I rarely RARELY iron, but do occasionally.

Tonight is church night, which I love because it means the kids are in the building

Can I share something silly I'm proud of? I need to lose weight - I'm actually at the heaviest I've ever been. I gained weight in record speed after my resection 2.5 years ago and have done little about it, except whining When I broke my leg, people actually told me that so and so broke theirs and gained XX pounds, or when I broke my ankle I gained XX pounds. I was terrified that I would gain a tremendous amt more due to 1)being wheelchair bound plus 2)living in a hotel and eating every single meal out. It's been 3 months since my accident, and I'm out of the wheelchair now, and I haven't gained a single pound. If anything, I've lost a few! I tried really hard and it worked. It's nothing major like the weight I need to lose but it's something!
1982 & 1990 ~ trips as a child ~1997 ~ Caribbean Beach ~ 2002 ~ Vacation Home ~ 2003 ~ Stayed with Family ~ 2004 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~2006 ~ Pop Century & Disney's Vero Beach ~ 2007 ~ Wilderness Lodge & Yacht Club ~ 2008 ~ Carnival Cruise & All Star Music ~ 2009 ~ All Star Sports & Downtown Hotel ~ 2009 ~ All Star Music, Comfort Inn & Boardwalk Villas
Aimeedyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #647
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

I own an iron and hate to use it. I try to save a few bucks and iron toms dress shirts but I am good for a couple weeks then they wind up at the cleaners.

My mom loved to iron and so does 1 sister. My other sister does not so bil had my mom do whatever he needed done in trade for him always helping my mom. Lol.

Aimee, good job! I need to lose weight too. It has been so hard. I guess I love my food and drink too much!

I will be back later to catch up more. Tom is traveling so I should have some free time.

Dinner is that Philly cheesesteak sloppy joe recipe from Pinterest. Of course I nanatized it!

Hope everyone is doing well.
FormrCastMbr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #648
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Checking in and finally able to backread in detail and catch up....

Glynis - Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the costumes. And congrats on your trip! It sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun (like your ticker!)

Kat - Congrats on the weight loss.

Lauren - Welcome back and well done on the race.

Marilyn - Hope you managed to get a break at work. It sounds like you've been busy.

Bethany - For me, gaining weight never seems hard....getting it off again is nearly impossible. I sure wish it was the other way round. And you have a TR going? I have to go find it!

Aimee - Hope you got a new vacuum! Hope things are settling down for you and not so crazy.

Ellen - Enjoy 3D life!

Becky - Have you gone to the DR to check out if you do have a sinus infection? Look after yourself.

Robin - Hope you've been well!

So....work life is settling down a little for me but it is still an awful fast pace. And DS is on school holidays...it's spring break for us here...so I've been trying to spend some time with him on the days that I'm at home. At least the weather has been warming up. But it just chops and changes so much. Today, we're expecting warm, sunny skies and a top in the mid 70's. Tomorrow....we're expecting rain, wind, a top in the mid 50's and potentially snow in the hills. Go figure!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #649
scotlass
Proud Redhead
Lang may yer lum reek!
Ma heid's mince

I taught the boy to iron a few weeks ago...he's enjoyed it so much he finished my pile.

I still do most but if he wants a specific shirt done he will do it himself.

LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \0/
scotlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #650
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimeedyan View Post

Can I share something silly I'm proud of? If anything, I've lost a few! I tried really hard and it worked. It's nothing major like the weight I need to lose but it's something!
Not silly at all! I am so proud of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormrCastMbr View Post
I own an iron and hate to use it. I try to save a few bucks and iron toms dress shirts but I am good for a couple weeks then they wind up at the cleaners.
I never do Buddy's shirts. They are huge and I have a heck of the time setting the crease. It is cheap to send them out and they last longer. His shirts are wicked expensive so it is worth it to have them done at the cleaners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotlass View Post
I taught the boy to iron a few weeks ago...he's enjoyed it so much he finished my pile.

Boy after my own heart!
Old 10-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #651
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Robin – Glad to have you pop in! Having nothing to say is a good thing, no problems.

Becky – I hope you aren’t getting a sinus infection, they can be nasty. Feel better soon!

Aimee – That is something to be proud of and definitely not silly! You’re on the right track!

Lauren – Enjoy your hubby-free time..I know I would!

PIO – Glad to hear things have slowed down a bit for you at work. Hopefully you can get in some quality time with your boy.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #652
Where'sPiglet?
I'm going to try something different this month
Do I LOOK like I know what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Bethany - For me, gaining weight never seems hard....getting it off again is nearly impossible. I sure wish it was the other way round. And you have a TR going? I have to go find it!
Gaining weight is TOO easy! Getting it off has been nearly impossible. So much for a half marathon being a healthy activity.

Yes, I have a TR! I started out strong but have been fizzling as an author. I do fully intend to get back to it....and SOON! I am going back to Disneyland in the spring (that's "fall" in Australian) and I want to have the WDW TR done before I go!

Work for me is always really crazy in September. Now that it's October, it should be simmering down a bit but I have a bit of a backlog of stuff to do. I keep getting things added to my schedule. I've revised it so many times I've lost count, and I need to do it again tomorrow. This year is a "transitional year" and it's showing. We have been dealing with a lot of changes and on top of that, my students have a lot of academic growing to do. Apparently I was specially chosen to bring a particular group up 2+ grade levels. It's nice to hear that, but have my work cut out for me!

1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013 ~*~ Disneyland

2010 Princess Half Marathon Trip Report
Where'sPiglet? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:30 AM   #653
TigerKat

Quick in and out this morning...

WFD - Grilled ribeyes, baked potatoes and a salad. bbl....
Old 10-04-2012, 06:42 AM   #654
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

In to tell kat that dinner sounds good! I took chicken out yesterday to grill and when I opened it up it was gone by. Buddy didn't care because there was leftover tuna salad. I ended up with scrambles eggs with mushrooms and cauliflower.

Out for now!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:54 AM   #655
TigerKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
In to tell kat that dinner sounds good! I took chicken out yesterday to grill and when I opened it up it was gone by. Buddy didn't care because there was leftover tuna salad. I ended up with scrambles eggs with mushrooms and cauliflower.

Out for now!
That sounds good!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #656
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

Quick in and out...Tommy was up late so I hit the sack last night before I could check back in.

Not sure about dinner tonight. Just might get something take out for me and the boys. A has baseball and I have a busy day getting things done around here before Grandma comes. Tom is picking her up on the way home.

Have a great day!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #657
liamsaunt
I was an irish girl with an afro
I am Doombah Dippinlips. I just don't know what to say about that
Agh! I'm a chip junkie!
Mashed potatoes were invented as a delivery vehicle

Aimee, good for you on the weight loss!

Nancy I wish I liked to iron but I am terrible at it. Despite multiple attempts to learn, I iron new wrinkles in to the shirts! I gave up some years ago. The dry cleaner is my friend.

I think my head is just bothering me from the mold spores in Bermuda. It is lovely there but because of being so close to the water everything gets a bit musty and I have allergies. It's been a while since I have posted a photo on the DIS, so I will try to remember:

Yay! It worked after about seven tries. This is Stonehole Bay in Bermuda. There are some more photos on facebook if you are interested.

WFD: I think I might be going to Laura's.
liamsaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #658
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

Quote:
Marilyn - Hope you managed to get a break at work. It sounds like you've been busy.
It is slowing down here too. We have a new computer system and learning it during our busiest time of the year has been very stressful.

Speaking of stress, my godsons football team has a HUGE game this week. His DM and I are having a wee bit of anxiety.

Dinner tonight will be gnocchi, roasted orange cauliflower and cookie dough. I am making the football team Snickerdoodles.
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:54 AM   #659
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

In to catch up....

Vickie - You and your ironing boy can come and visit me anytime! In fact...feel free to leave your ironing boy with me.

Kat - I got to spend some time with my DS yesterday and am hopeful to get more time with him and DH this weekend. Spring break will be over and school goes back on Monday.

Bethany - I noticed your link to the TR. Hoping to find time this weekend to check it out.
Hope that your work settles down to a manageable pace and workload.

Nancy - The scrambled egg dinner sounded delish!

Lauren - Hope that you have a great visit with Grandma.....is she your grandmother or grandma to the kids?

Becky - Lovely picture from Bermuda. Thanks for sharing. I'm not on FB so I appreciate seeing a glimpse of it here.

Marilyn - Take care of yourself! Don't get too over-stressed. Hope your godson's football game goes well.

It's Friday night here and I'm thankful for the weekend. Hopefully, I'll get to spend some of that time at home. We don't have anything scheduled or pencilled in the calendar this weekend.

Have a good day and weekend!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:18 AM   #660
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

Good Morning! Sorry I didnt check back in yesterday. Things got a bit screwed up. I was rushing all over to pick up T from school and there were hardly any parking spots so I tried to squeeze into one and hit the trucks tire so I was a bit peeved. No damage to the pick up and mine just needs some paint repair. Cha-ching! Always something! Then A came home sick.

Dinner wound up being easy ham steaks, mashed taters and corn.

Tonight is chicken pot pie and tossed salad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
Well, my trip to get costumes was very productive! The high school we had to get to was out in the middle of nowhere, but they had gorgeous costumes!!!
Sounds awesome! Cant wait to see the pics. What play are they doing?

Quote:
I did get my own back years later when we met in a club.....but thats another story.

It was a night mare but safe to say its made me the lassie I am today, not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing tho !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
I've lost 7 lbs so far, only 5 more to go before we leave!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Lauren - Sounds like an y'all had a great time! Give Thomas a big hug for me!
Awesome job! I try to give him as many as I can get. Unfortunately, that is not many anymore. He is in the no kiss/no hug stage~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
Lauren - Sounds like you had fun and accomplished a lot! Congrats on the race. You did great!!! We have a Sweet Tomatoes relatively close, and I absolutely love it! Sometimes it hits the spot, when no other restaurant sounds good!
I so wish we had one here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where'sPiglet? View Post
I need to go back and read and catch up, but this jumped out at me! It is NOT hard!!! I gained TEN POUNDS on BOTH of my weekend half marathon trips in 2010! And that was a LOT of walking!

But go figure....earlier this year...10 day trip, only one pound gained! And none of that half marathon, 13.1 mile nonsense! And wait....we had the DINING PLAN on that 10 Day trip....we ate!
OMG! You'll lose it training for your next. I am having so much trouble loosing weight especially with working out all the time. I think my lack of thyroid/meds has something to do with it. I feel good though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimeedyan View Post
My Dyson just died. It gave us a good 7 years of hard work so I can't I can't argue I guess.
:
I have a Dyson but hate vacuuming...I would rather clean the toilet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
:
So I got through several exams and while I made my family crazy I managed A's. I have to admit that I do not learn like I used to and so I am finding this very hard. I was awarded a $1000 scholarship from a women's foundation. I am pretty thrilled, I did not apply for it, it just appeared
Awesome! Congrats!

Quote:
Running in and out....I'm booked!!
YAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4Disney View Post
I am gearing up for our Church Conference, so my play time is scarce for now.
Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue26 View Post
Don't have much to say, just wanted to pop in and say hi!

Quote:
But it just chops and changes so much. Today, we're expecting warm, sunny skies and a top in the mid 70's. Tomorrow....we're expecting rain, wind, a top in the mid 50's and potentially snow in the hills. Go figure!
Sounds like here lately.

The Grandma that is coming is my Husbands Mom. She's a lot of fun and we miss her. She is here indefinitely, problably a couple weeks...however long she wants to stay. Unfortunately, she is the only Grandparent left.

Quote:

Good job Momma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmerle1966 View Post
Speaking of stress, my godsons football team has a HUGE game this week. His DM and I are having a wee bit of anxiety.

Dinner tonight will be gnocchi, roasted orange cauliflower and cookie dough. I am making the football team Snickerdoodles.
Good luck! You are such a great Aunt and Godmother! You are always running and doing with the kids!

Have a wonderful weekend Friends! I will try and pop in every now and then.

Thank you again for all the good thoughts on the 10 miler. I think I may do the Food and Wine run next year! I have an itch now! I really want to work on getting my time down and my foot is doing better. I may see a pediatrist though...just in case. The orthopedic did nothing for me.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: