Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #121
littleolliesmom
Earning My Ears

Exclamation Information regarding new GF Spa and Saratoga Spa

Great thread everybody. Very informative for those curious about the spas. I just wanted to let you guys know that all the spas on Disney property were being run by a third party. Since the GF spa has closed, they are completely remodeling the spa. So it will be completely brand new and beautiful. Also, I'm very excited about this, Disney will be taking over and running the spas. No more third party company! Disney had been getting so many complaints about the spa customer service that they decided to end their contract with them and run everything themselves. This means NEW staff, new menu new everything! Im a massge therapist and have applied for the GF spa and hope to be working there soon. They said it would reopen before christmas. Once the GF spa is up and running they will be closing down Saratoga Springs spa for a remodel as well and hire all new staff. They want both spas to provide exceptional service. So remember if you had a horrible experience before, things will be different. I will post any new information I hear. When they will be taking appointments, new menu offerings and if I got the job!
littleolliesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #122
RDP
DIS Veteran

When does Disney take over the running of the Spa's? Sounds good! Can't wait to see the GF refurb.
1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani

RDP is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #123
littleolliesmom
Earning My Ears

They have already taken over the GF, so as soon as it opens its Disney. All the little spas at the fitness centers will be taken over shortly after that. and once the Saratoga springs reopens in the summer it will be operated by disney
Old 10-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #124
RDP
DIS Veteran

Good times! Love the whole spa thing! Very interested to see how they have improved the facilities. Any update on what they are doing at the YC, I hear they are improving those facilities also, hoping they will be ready for my upcoming November trip.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani

Old 10-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #125
littleolliesmom
Earning My Ears

If I hear anything I will let you know!
Old 10-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #126
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

I have been thinking about doing a couples only massage for DH and I. I keep reading on this thread that the GF spa is re-opening in December. Does anyone know when in December it will open? We'll be in Disney 11/29-12/8.

Thanks

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #127
littleolliesmom
Earning My Ears

I was told by management it will be before christmas and they were going to start taking reservations a month ahead of opening. Thats all subject to change but as of now they are shooting for early December. I will post as soon as I know when they are taking reservations and if theres a concrete date!
Old 10-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #128
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleolliesmom View Post
I was told by management it will be before christmas and they were going to start taking reservations a month ahead of opening. Thats all subject to change but as of now they are shooting for early December. I will post as soon as I know when they are taking reservations and if theres a concrete date!
Thanks.

I was wondering if any of the spas do couple massages? I clicked on one link that was given in this thread and didn't see it listed.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #129
littleolliesmom
Earning My Ears

GF will be doing couples massages and I believe Saratoga Springs offers them as we'll. I don't think the other resorts have the capacity since the treatment rooms have limited space.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #130
RDP
DIS Veteran

I think the YC massage facilities will be shut when I visit between the and 11th of November (unless the refurb is complete), any suggestions for the next best place to go. Has anybody had massage at Boardwalks gym? Considering Mandara at the Dolphin. Thoughts? TIA

Old 10-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #131
Andreak0428
Mouseketeer

I figured that was what was happening! I just called to try and get some gift certificates for our upcoming trip in June and the lady told me that they were not making appointments until January for the GF (and also could not purchase gift certificates) and then she said the Saratoga Springs would be closed in January.

I may have to make my own gift certificates since they are for Christmas gifts!!! I am going to Florida for the weekend in November. Maybe I will try and head over to the GF and see about getting them!
08 Contemporary Resort May 09 Pop Century
August 09 Contemporary Resort Feb 10 Caribbean Beach
August 10 Caribbean Beach July 11 Port Orleans Riverside
August 12 Polynesian June 13 Wilderness Lodge
October 14 Coronado Springs

Andreak0428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #132
pixie08
DIS Veteran

DH and I had a couple's massage at Mandara this past August. Our friends (also a couple) also had one while we were there. We have had massages at SSR, GF, Mandara (7 years back though), BWI &AKV.

This was by far the superior service to date at Disney. The service itself was fantastic, customer service was bar none and the facilities blow any of the Disney ones out of the water. Now I know the spas at Disney are undergoing renovations and management changes and I really hope to see positive change as some have been good, some bleh and some bad.

We are going to be staying at SSR in Nov., but I am seriously considering heading to the Dolphin again for a couples massage. For couples they have a better facility with the co-ed lounge and a treatment that has a huge beautiful room, jacuzzi soak and optional lunch. I wish Disney would offer this!
Old 10-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #133
RDP
DIS Veteran

Thinking of booking a treatment at the Mandara ( Dolphin) Anybody been lately? How was it?

Old 10-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #134
Kelleigh710
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDP View Post
Thinking of booking a treatment at the Mandara ( Dolphin) Anybody been lately? How was it?
We just got back from Disney last week. We had an 80 minute couples massage at Saratoga Springs and the service was nothing short of amazing! My husband and I do this every year to kick off our Disney vacation and the attentive staff, enormous couples treatment room, and the amenities of the spa are all superb. I highly recommend! We actually stayed at the Dolphin for the first three days of the trip, with the Mandara Spa in the lobby. There is certainly a reson as to why we trekked all the way to Saratoga Springs instead of walking downstairs. The Mandara, in my opinion, has always been lacking the Disney standard of service. I have been in there for a few things uch as pedicures and waxing and have always been made to feel uncomfortable or inferior because I wasn't spending a large amount of money. I just didn't get the warm and fuzzies and as far as service goes, it was the typical service I would get at home. I would recommend Saratoga any day of the week.
11/2013 Dolphin/BLT ~ 11/2014 BLT
Just me and DH
Kelleigh710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #135
RDP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelleigh710 View Post
We just got back from Disney last week. We had an 80 minute couples massage at Saratoga Springs and the service was nothing short of amazing! My husband and I do this every year to kick off our Disney vacation and the attentive staff, enormous couples treatment room, and the amenities of the spa are all superb. I highly recommend! We actually stayed at the Dolphin for the first three days of the trip, with the Mandara Spa in the lobby. There is certainly a reson as to why we trekked all the way to Saratoga Springs instead of walking downstairs. The Mandara, in my opinion, has always been lacking the Disney standard of service. I have been in there for a few things uch as pedicures and waxing and have always been made to feel uncomfortable or inferior because I wasn't spending a large amount of money. I just didn't get the warm and fuzzies and as far as service goes, it was the typical service I would get at home. I would recommend Saratoga any day of the week.

Thanks, will have a look at Mandara. The YC facilities for massage etc don't re open until the 16th of Nov, so too late for my vacation.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: