Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #256
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmail35 View Post
I believe so. We got the book and are first time cruisers, but paid w/ Disney Visa. The book is very nice. I thought about getting the book signed, but by the time I realized it was time, I decided I didn't need the autographs that badly.

On the 16th were you able to get John Lasseter's signature? I would definitely gone for that one, but while our presenters were very interesting, I wasn't that compelled to get the autograph.

Did anyone on the 23rd go for the autograph? I do wonder how busy it was.

The book is on Amazon for $31.50 now (retail is $50).
We went to Roger's signing and it wasn't too bad. They handed out numbers as you walked in and then you were able to sit and wait until they called your number (they called you up in groups of 5).

I do wish we had gone back for the Tia's signing though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGal View Post
Sitting aboard the Wonder, enjoying the beautiful SF weather while my kids nap!!! I've never visited the adults only area. Love it
Ohhh, I'm so jealous. I'm back at work....wishing I was in San Francisco instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindsoul73 View Post
So jealous! I wish I would have booked this cruise instead of the MR Halloween cruise!
We did the MR cruise last April and really enjoyed it. In one way, I preferred the MR cruise because of the additional sea day (2 was not enough for me...I love sea days, LOL). I'm jealous of you too since I would love to do another MR cruise
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #257
Computer Magic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post
From what I saw John Lasseter wasn't avaliable for autographs..in fact, he and Nancy left the theater after he introduced the Monsters Inc 3D clip. (we did get his autograph and Nancy's also, on the wine bottles we were given from the winery tour)
I heard John Lasseter was at the winery with Nacy signing the wine bottles.
Computer Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 11:51 PM   #258
DesertGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGal
Sitting aboard the Wonder, enjoying the beautiful SF weather while my kids nap!!! I've never visited the adults only area. Love it
You will have a fabulous time celebrating Halloween on board though!!!

Our dreams come true:
DS Alec 7
DD Olivia 5
DesertGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #259
jlmarr
You got that right

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGal View Post
I just caught a glimpse of the Outlook Bar and Cafe on deck 10 the last night of our recent cruise. Would have liked to spend more time up there. Next time.
jlmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #260
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computer Magic View Post
I heard John Lasseter was at the winery with Nacy signing the wine bottles.
That would be cool..He was the first presenter on our cruise and disappeared like magic after his presentation (heard he was in Palos though..hope folks left him alone somewhat..wonder how he likes being a celebrity?). Nancy rode with us on the bus to the winery and stayed with us the entire time..(such an amazing excursion!) but John was not there.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #261
GuardMusic
This is the most excitement we've seen here in quite some time!

Quote:
That would be cool..He was the first presenter on our cruise and disappeared like magic after his presentation (heard he was in Palos though..hope folks left him alone somewhat..wonder how he likes being a celebrity?). Nancy rode with us on the bus to the winery and stayed with us the entire time..(such an amazing excursion!) but John was not there.
They (and their entourage) were at Cadillac Lounge after the first show time. As much as I wanted to run up to the room, grab my Art of Pixar book and ask he sign it, I respected their privacy.

Coming Soon: Sept. 2012 Disneyland & 1st Pacific Coast DCL! ~ Nov. 2012 BWV w/ Mom ~ Jan. 2013 Disney Institute with my college students! ~ Mar. 2013 DCL B-Day Fantasy
Nov. 2011 - F&W and MVMCP ~ Jun. 2011 - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2011 - Disneyland Paris ~ Dec. 2010 - BWV/DCL ~ Oct. 2010 - POFQ after conference ~ Mar. 2010 - YC (Conference) ~ Feb. 2010 - AKL Villa & DCL Western Magic ~ May/June 2009 Disneyland Paris & London ~ Dec. 2008 - BCV ~ Jan. 2008 - WL & DCL Western Magic ~ Sept. 2007 - DCL Wonder (Surprise for Mom!) ~ Jan. 2006 - Land (POR) & Sea (Wonder) Cruise - 1st Disney cruise! ~ Dec. 2005 - BCV ~ Nov. 2005 - OKW (conference trip!) ~ Mar. 2005 - AKL (College Program Visit for work) ~ June 2004 - POR/BCV ~ Feb. 2004 - Off ~ May 2003 - CB/BCV ~ Dec. 2000 - Dixie Landings ~ Oct. 2000 - CS (work conference) ~ Dec. 1998 - ASM ~ Feb. 1998 - Dixie Landings ~ Mar. 1997, New Years 1996-97, 1993, 1986, 1984, 1977 - Off

8 night Western DCL-Feb 2010 ~ Western DCL Trip Resort - Jan. 2008! ~ DCL Land/Sea Trip Report - Jan. 2006! ~ Disneyland Paris Trip Report May 2009
GuardMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #262
Computer Magic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
John had dinner with the captain.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #263
ImDMous
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computer Magic View Post
John had dinner with the captain.
We were on the Sept 23 cruise and when we went to get our picture taken with Capt Fabian on formal night he asked what we were doing in San Fran. I told him we were going on the Lasseter winery excursion and he was very excited to tell us that he had dinner with John on the last cruise and his wine was delicious. It was endearing, very cute.

DLR - passholders, as often as possible
WDW - 3 nights Swan May 2008; 7 nights POFQ Aug 2011
DCL - Wonder 4 night Bahamas May 2008, Fantasy 7 night Caribbean May 2012
Wonder Pixar 7 night California Coast Sept 2012, Wonder WBPC 15 night May 2014
ImDMous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #264
crzy4dals
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Roger Gould (1st presenter on 1st day at sea) had an autograph session at 4PM the same day as the lecture. I did not go for the autograph so I can't comment how crowded it was.

Tia Kratter (2nd presenter, 2nd day at sea) had an autograph session at 4PM that day but according to the note in our stateroom it was, "There will be a special autograph session with Pixar Presenter Tia Kratter, just for our returning Castaway Cay and Disney Visa card holders." I did not go to this autograph session either. .....
Ugh - I did not have a note in out room about the signing with Tia. I really wanted to get her to sign the book. She was a great presenter. We then watched Finding Nemo 3d with her and about 10 other people. I contemplated going to the room and grabbing our book but decided to let her enjoy her vacation with her Mom and sister. She was a hoot in the movie though!

Grandvilla Boardwalk June 28th, 2011**French Quarter and Old Key West for Christmas! ** Dream Cruise - April 10. 2012 ** Pixar Cruise - September 23, 2012 ** Food and Wine October 2012 ** Christmas at OKW 2012 ** Spring Break BLT** June Parent getaway at Caribbean Beach**Aug 1 2013 Niece's 1st cruise
crzy4dals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #265
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzy4dals View Post
Ugh - I did not have a note in out room about the signing with Tia. I really wanted to get her to sign the book. She was a great presenter. We then watched Finding Nemo 3d with her and about 10 other people. I contemplated going to the room and grabbing our book but decided to let her enjoy her vacation with her Mom and sister. She was a hoot in the movie though!
Was it included in the note that came with the book? I knew I had read about Roger's signing and we attended that. But then I checked the navigator for Tia's and it wasn't on there so I assumed she wasn't having one. But now that I think about it, I probably read about Roger's signing on the note that was with the book (since the signing was limited to the same people that received the book, right?).
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #266
atmail35
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzy4dals View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl View Post
Was it included in the note that came with the book? I knew I had read about Roger's signing and we attended that. But then I checked the navigator for Tia's and it wasn't on there so I assumed she wasn't having one. But now that I think about it, I probably read about Roger's signing on the note that was with the book (since the signing was limited to the same people that received the book, right?).
When we received our book there was a letter next to it on the bed with DCL letterhead. About 1/2 way down it said, "In addition, there will be a sepcial autograph session with Pixar Presenter Tia Kratter, just for our Castaway Club members and Disney Visa Card holders. We hope you'll join us for this unique opportunity on:

September 27th 4:00 pm in Studio Sea, Deck 4 Midship. To avoid dissapointment please arrive no later than 4:30pm.

(Please note: we will limit 1 autograph per person, no personalized messages, and only 1 personal photograph per family/guest grouping)."

Tia's was not on the Navagator b/c it was limited to certain people, I believe.

I think there is too much reading to do on the ship ...I noticed a man with a pin that had the logo for the Pixar Cruise (like those hanging in the atrium) and asked about the pins at Mickey Mates on the second sea day and was told they were limited editions w/ only 500 (per cruise or total?) and they were sold out. I looked back to the first navagator and there was a blurb about "limited edition" pins, but I didn't think anything of it really. Oh well! ETA: when I finally had time to go through this thread, I noticed someone posted about the pins from the 9/16 sailing, but I didn't see it until we came home.
atmail35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #267
jlwhitney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When we received our book there was a letter next to it on the bed with DCL letterhead. About 1/2 way down it said, "In addition, there will be a sepcial autograph session with Pixar Presenter Tia Kratter, just for our Castaway Club members and Disney Visa Card holders. We hope you'll join us for this unique opportunity on:

September 27th 4:00 pm in Studio Sea, Deck 4 Midship. To avoid dissapointment please arrive no later than 4:30pm.

(Please note: we will limit 1 autograph per person, no personalized messages, and only 1 personal photograph per family/guest grouping)."

I think there is too much reading to do on the ship ...I noticed a man with a pin that had the logo for the Pixar Cruise (like those hanging in the atrium) and asked about the pins at Mickey Mates on the second sea day and was told they were limited editions w/ only 500 (per cruise or total?) and they were sold out. I looked back to the first navagator and there was a blurb about "limited edition" pins, but I didn't think anything of it really. Oh well! ETA: when I finally had time to go through this thread, I noticed someone posted about the pins from the 9/16 sailing, but I didn't see it until we came home.
The limited edition pins were a total of 500 for all 4 cruises. On the sept. 16 (first pixar cruise) they were allowing essentially 2 pins per stateroom, no idea how many they sold on that cruise.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #268
atmail35
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwhitney View Post
The limited edition pins were a total of 500 for all 4 cruises. On the sept. 16 (first pixar cruise) they were allowing essentially 2 pins per stateroom, no idea how many they sold on that cruise.
Wow that is limited! I guess there were a few available on the 9/23 as I saw one, but that seems so limited that it could have sold out on the first cruise!
atmail35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #269
Computer Magic
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I agree about too much reading. There was too much information on the Navagator. I didn't know there was a special pin offered the first night. I found out after the fact.

There is so much going on when you arrive the first day. People are still trying to figure things out and unpack. Maybe the special pin should be offered the second day? I really wanted to find a Pixar cruise pin but settled for the Pacific cruise limited pin.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #270
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwhitney View Post
I still find it hard to believe they only had 500 for all four cruises. They had the wristbands at first and that was 2 per stateroom. Then after the wristband time it was 2 per stateroom per day for the last 3 days I think. If it was only 500 for all 4 cruises I'd think they would have limited it more. We had flyers in our rooms separate from the Navigator about the pin release(Sept 16 cruise)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: