DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #886
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post
We are thinking of taking a day trip to visit VB during our next WDW trip (in 2 weeks). The family wants to visit in the future (May 2013), so since we (just the 2 of us right now) are in WDW for 2 weeks starting Oct. 12, we are/were thinking of driving to VB for the day. We thought we would have a nice lunch (recommendations please) and visit the beach area. I did see on the DVC website that pool hopping is allowed, though not sure if we want to do that, but might pack our suits anyhow. Has anyone done this recently? Should we bring beach towels? We will be staying at the BWV, so we can prove we are WDW guest. Can we access the beach? Since this next trip is a long one, we certainly have the time to visit. I tried to read this thread, but it's huge and it seems almost everyone loves their stay here.
I think I would call the resort directly and ask if you can access their beach. Like the pool, you must have a key card to unlock the gate.
As for lunch, I would say "Squid Lips". Very casual atmosphere and on the water....
Old 10-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #887
backyardponder
DIS Veteran

No problem accessing the beach. The same key card works for both the pool and beach gates.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #888
Alysa
DIS Veteran

My husband is sitting here beside the fire place thinking of making s'mores so he can practice for Vero. Does anyone remember the resort record? Was it 26?
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip

Up next October 2013 with our new baby!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #889
backyardponder
DIS Veteran

Heading to VB May 2 - 7 withour DGS who will be 4 then. It will be our 4th visit to VB.

John
Old 10-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #890
Traveler14
Earning My Ears

Sea Turtles at Vero Beach

A new post from Disney Parks Blog states "Disney’s Animal Programs team members have marked and monitored 1,381 loggerhead sea turtle nests, 220 green sea turtle nests, and 11 leatherback sea turtle nests so far during the 2012 nesting season, which ends in late October."

I am so grateful to have witnessed this program first hand. What a wonderful experience!!

For the full article: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-beach-resort/
June 2012 Vero Beach
Old 10-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #891
Traveler14
Earning My Ears

Changes at Bleachers and Shutters

As of Oct. 1st, Shutters is no longer serving lunch and Bleachers has an expanded menu. For those of you not familiar with the resort, Shutters is a casual table service restaurant within the main building and Bleachers is a poolside walk-up window – outdoors. In the article (link below) it states that it isn’t clear if discontinuing lunch at Shutters is a seasonal or permanent change.

We have only visited VB once so others may have a better idea if this change is for the best. During our visit we enjoyed Bleachers poolside on several occasions and always were impressed with the food. The updated menu at Bleachers sounds really yummy.

Here is a link with photos of the new menu: http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts...ers-lunch-ends
June 2012 Vero Beach
Old 10-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #892
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler14 View Post
A new post from Disney Parks Blog states "Disney’s Animal Programs team members have marked and monitored 1,381 loggerhead sea turtle nests, 220 green sea turtle nests, and 11 leatherback sea turtle nests so far during the 2012 nesting season, which ends in late October."

I am so grateful to have witnessed this program first hand. What a wonderful experience!!

For the full article: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-beach-resort/
Thank you for that link! I'm interested in that sea turtle race and also love to read the hatching report!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #893
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler14 View Post
As of Oct. 1st, Shutters is no longer serving lunch and Bleachers has an expanded menu. For those of you not familiar with the resort, Shutters is a casual table service restaurant within the main building and Bleachers is a poolside walk-up window – outdoors. In the article (link below) it states that it isn’t clear if discontinuing lunch at Shutters is a seasonal or permanent change.

We have only visited VB once so others may have a better idea if this change is for the best. During our visit we enjoyed Bleachers poolside on several occasions and always were impressed with the food. The updated menu at Bleachers sounds really yummy.

Here is a link with photos of the new menu: http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts...ers-lunch-ends
Thanks for posting. An expanded menu at Bleachers is a great thing, we eat there most days for lunch (otherwise, go to Orchid Island Pizza down the street!). We've been to Vero many times, and never had lunch at Shutters. We actually haven't had dinner there the past couple trips, either. Green Cabin Room is fine for us if we decide to stay at the resort at night.

Unfortunately I don't think we have enough points for a Vero trip next year, though! I really do love the resort. Nothing better than relaxing by the pool, except during love bug season!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #894
Tink316
Mouseketeer

We Are Here!!!

We arrived this afternoon for our first stay at VB!!!

What a spectacular view from our room!!!

So far everything has been awesome! I even gave the pool slide a try. Let's just say...fun, fun, fun!

Looking forward to the rest of our week!!!

Old 10-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #895
tikimimi
Pixie - Sgt. at Arms of the Pancake Sisters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink316 View Post
We arrived this afternoon for our first stay at VB!!!

What a spectacular view from our room!!!

So far everything has been awesome! I even gave the pool slide a try. Let's just say...fun, fun, fun!

Looking forward to the rest of our week!!!

Yeah!!! Enjoy - it is such a wonderful resort1!!

Old 10-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #896
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

Oops... somehow let the thread fall to the second page. Not acceptable.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #897
JMTStone
Mouseketeer

Booked!

We're going BACK. April 25th through May 1st. Then we are driving down to Miami to hop on the Disney Wonder.

We loved VB and reserved another 2 bedroom as my husbands' parents will be staying with us.

Last time, we didn't go off site much (at all). This time, we will be headed off property more for dinner/experiences.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #898
lisareniff
DIS Veteran

Well it looks like we will be giving up part of our signature...

Currently in the process of selling our VB points. A few reasons; a few two many points, that reallocation a couple years ago really hurt our plans, were feeling very uncomfortable owning beach front with global warming, and DD is looking a $$$$ colleges

I'm sure we will still visit VB but feel more comfortable this way.

BCV - Gotta go back home! Pres. Week 2011
AKV - President's Week 2010... a little AKV then the beach! (but not VB this year : ( )
BCV - back home for President's Week 2009
VB - April 2008 - In a BC BABY! and a little AKV too!
VWL & BWV -Presidents Wk 2007
VB & Poly - Presidents Week 2006
BCV & AKL - Presidents Week 2005
BCV - Thanksgiving Week 2003 (first time home!)
Off site 1974 & 1980 (back when WDW was the MK)

Old 10-14-2012, 12:50 PM   #899
Kendallkat2
A "DVCHV" Member

Love VB so much we bought!

We have been going to Disney Vero Beach Resort since we bought points there in '98. We love the area. So because we love the area so much we bought our retirement condo right across the street from Disney Vero Beach Resort at Coralstone. Coralstone's property boarders Disney's park lot across A1A. Our beach access it to the right of the resort. Now all we have to do is retire which won't be for another 3 years. Maybe I'll get a job at the resort.

The only problem is that now we might never stay at Disney's Vero Beach Resort again.

Beth
Old 10-15-2012, 12:36 AM   #900
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

Anyone know the price of the character breakfast ?
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: