Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 06:13 AM   #2026
yaksack
DIS Veteran

Subscribing.

Prior to 1997 - Too young or too drunk to remember
1997 - Honeymoon - Wilderness Lodge
2001 - WL
2002 - POFQ
2004 - WL
2006 - VWL
2008 - AKLV and BCV
2009 - VWL
2011 - Treehouses/Bay Lake Tower
2013 - VWL

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
Old 10-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #2027
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaksack View Post
Subscribing.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #2028
Catira
DIS Veteran

Question

Hi our upcoming trip is coming up in 10 days Our departure flight leaves around 6 pm. Since checkout is at 11 am I was thinking of hanging out by the pool and then going to airport around 4pm. Is there an area near the pools where we could take a quick shower?

Thanks
Old 10-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #2029
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
The stairwells that are outside don't open up to the CL floors. The elevators, espcially to CL have had many problems in the past and frequently there is at least one elevator that just won't accept the KTTW/CL card and you'll have to get out and try another. This often involves waiting for another elevator and getting off on strange floors. I found it very frustrating back in '10 and I believe they were still recently having some problems, but I may be wrong. The staff were well aware of the problem, as it had been a long standing issue, even back then. As an aside, we had no problems at all last month at BLT.
Thank you!! Too bad about the stairs, but we'll just leave extra time for elevator travel!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 10-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #2030
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catira View Post
Hi our upcoming trip is coming up in 10 days Our departure flight leaves around 6 pm. Since checkout is at 11 am I was thinking of hanging out by the pool and then going to airport around 4pm. Is there an area near the pools where we could take a quick shower?

Thanks
Yes, you can take a shower in the restroom near the pool.
Have a great vacation!

Old 10-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #2031
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I had the hardest time a couple months ago trying to convince myself to book CR for a quick weekend in Dec, but DS insisted he wanted to stay there and I finally caved and said yes. My fears were what I kept reading "lack of theme" "lack of Disney feel" "could be a hotel anywhere". But I got over them and came to love the idea of staying at the CR. So after staying at YC in Sept, WL for our upcoming trip in Oct, CR in Dec, we bit the bullet and changed our Jan/Feb trip from WL to CR!!! Because of the Disney Visa discount and WL being at a lower discounted rate than the other deluxes CR suddenly became an option . So we will have 2 nts the beginning of Dec and 4 the end of Jan in the tower, Bay Lake View!!!! I am so excited and the kids are THRILLED!!!! DH could careless where we stay

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 10-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #2032
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Thank you!! Too bad about the stairs, but we'll just leave extra time for elevator travel!
You're welcome and I hope you have a great vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I had the hardest time a couple months ago trying to convince myself to book CR for a quick weekend in Dec, but DS insisted he wanted to stay there and I finally caved and said yes. My fears were what I kept reading "lack of theme" "lack of Disney feel" "could be a hotel anywhere". But I got over them and came to love the idea of staying at the CR. So after staying at YC in Sept, WL for our upcoming trip in Oct, CR in Dec, we bit the bullet and changed our Jan/Feb trip from WL to CR!!! Because of the Disney Visa discount and WL being at a lower discounted rate than the other deluxes CR suddenly became an option . So we will have 2 nts the beginning of Dec and 4 the end of Jan in the tower, Bay Lake View!!!! I am so excited and the kids are THRILLED!!!! DH could careless where we stay

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
How am I supposed to feel about this... Oh yeah, I love WL AND CR/BLT, so I approve of this change. You booked our favorite view. If you request an odd numbered room, your beds will face toward the WL/Garden Wing/Epcot area. Even numbered rooms face toward BLT.

I'm glad everyone is happy - sounds like some great trips you have coming up
Old 10-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #2033
Catira
DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTtinkerbell View Post
Yes, you can take a shower in the restroom near the pool.
Have a great vacation!
Thanks so much :0)
Old 10-06-2012, 07:52 AM   #2034
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
How am I supposed to feel about this... Oh yeah, I love WL AND CR/BLT, so I approve of this change. You booked our favorite view. If you request an odd numbered room, your beds will face toward the WL/Garden Wing/Epcot area. Even numbered rooms face toward BLT.

I'm glad everyone is happy - sounds like some great trips you have coming up
KOOK you are too funny, I am glad I have your approval You know I just had to keep up with those crazy RCers Thanks for the tip on the rooms! I already requested to be far away from Chef Mickey (so we dont have a problem with DS and the noise), do you think it is too much to call and request an odd numbered room as well?

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 10-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #2035
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

BLT STUDIO LV Room 8438

It looks like our studio room from last year that was in the center and lower floor. View from our balcony. This is the CR pool.

Way back there in the distance is the Epcot ball. I'm hoping we can see Epcot fireworks and then up to TOTWL to see Wishes. I can also see EE at AK, but my phone doesn't take the best of pictures.

This is the view from the north elevators. Bay Cove pool.

I managed to get the monorail. Great timing.

DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 10-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #2036
WDWKOOK

I hope you're having a great vacation, AirGoofy and family. Where are you dining today?
Old 10-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #2037
huey578
Test Track Dummy

I need to ship package from CR to my home. Do I go to front desk or business center? What are the hours of operation? TIA

Sent from my SGH-T769 using DISBoards

WDW Commando Member #201
Old 10-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #2038
lolobug
DIS Veteran

I'm planning a Jan 2014 trip and am wondering what room is the best? Tower or garden? Thanks!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #2039
closetmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolobug View Post
I'm planning a Jan 2014 trip and am wondering what room is the best? Tower or garden? Thanks!
Wish I knew how to post a link but there is a great recent thread on that subject. Try an online search using "contemporary garden wing vs main building disboards"

4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
Old 10-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #2040
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolobug View Post
there was a HUGE price difference for us between the two so I opted for the Garden wing.

For the amount of time I spent in the room since we were either at the pool or at the park or at the Cafe the garden wing worked better for my pocketbook,.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: