Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #166
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgroshans View Post
Will platinum members be the first to know?
The news often leaks here on the DIS before anything official comes from DCL. My travel agent is amazed when I find out stuff before she does.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #167
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ

The news often leaks here on the DIS before anything official comes from DCL. My travel agent is amazed when I find out stuff before she does.
True that.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #168
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Or maybe they are fixing the issues with the site, so it's working when the dates come out!

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #169
dclpluto
Mouseketeer

The new fiscal year just started so it could be anytime now. We all knew dcl wouldnt release 2014 until 2013 fiscal year now its here so anytime
dclpluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #170
GoofyTwinDad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyxperts
If this maintenance is to load 2014 dates then there will be no new itineraries. We are hoping for new options like South America or Asia.

Plus in following DCL's twitter feed there are no tweets at all about anything exciting like new voyage dates or anything....but they do like to keep us guessing.
Would also like to see some Asia itineries. Would love to go on the inaugural DCL TP cruise.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #171
heatherbelle
DIS Veteran

Dreams are sending out e-mails

Something must be in the pipeline, as I have just received this from Dreams

I apologize for the Ďmassí email but this is the fastest way to reach all of my clients. I also apologize if you received multiple copies of this email.

We are hearing that Disney Cruise Line may be releasing some sail dates for 2014 very soon. At this time, we do not know the exact sail dates, itineraries or when they will be released but I wanted to make sure I completely understand your requirements prior to the release date. In order to do this, would you please answer some questions for me?

If you are not interested in changing your reservation or booking a new reservation for 2014, itís not necessary to respond to this email.

Are you interested in booking a Disney Cruise Line reservation for 2014?

Do you have an existing reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel that you would like to change to a sailing in 2014?

If you want to change an existing reservation, please provide the Dreams Unlimited Travel or Disney Cruise Line reservation number. I will also need to the approximate sail date, ship and category you are interested in.

If you donít have a current reservation that you would like to change to 2014, are you interested in booking a new reservation? If so, do you know the sail date and other specificís you would like to book?

Again, we are not sure what the new itinerates will be or sail dates but please provide any additional information on approximate dates or itinerates you may be interested in.

If you have already contacted me about making a change, if I havenít contacted you I will be contacting you directly very soon. If you have already sent me your request and you havenít heard from me by tomorrow, please let me know.

Although I will certainly try to work everyoneís request as quickly as possible, I will be working requests in the order they are received. The more information you can provide up front, the faster we can book what you want at the lowest price possible. Once the release happens, I will have very little time to email quotes, or answer questions. My number one priority will be to book the clients who know what they want as soon as possible at the lowest pricing.

We do not have any inside information on this release! I just want to make sure I have everything ready when the release does happen. Once I hear anything specific, I will send you an email with this information.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or requests.
2005 - WDW -Off site LBV, 2006 WDW Regal Palms, 2007 - WDW Regal Palms, 2008 - Disney Old Key West, 2009 - Disneyland LA/SD, 2010 Yacht Club, 2011 Med Disney Cruise. 2012 Yacht Club again! 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med, 2014- Carnival Breeze & Yacht Club .
heatherbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #172
mommy2tati
DIS Veteran

Just got an email from my TA asking what my preferences are for 2014 because she is hearing the itineraries will be released soon. I hope it's soon. If only the Dream & Fantasy are released this month I'll wait to see what the Wonder and Magic will be doing before I make any decisions.

April 2009 - Disney Wonder
August 2011 - Disney Dream
February 2012 - Disney Dream
August 2012 - Disney Magic
August 2013 - Disney Fantasy Eastern
mommy2tati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #173
sabrecmc
DIS Veteran

Whoo-hoo, exciting!!!! Hope there is something new in store for 2014. I'll be majorly bummed if it is same old, same old.
sabrecmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #174
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Comparison to last year + a reshopping question

Last year on the same date October 3rd 2011 I got the 2013 pre-planning email from Dreams Unlimited. Just received my email for this year for the expected 2014 release.

On October 17, 2011, the brochure was found (by someone I know ) on the Disney media.disneywebcontent.com site with the Dream/Fantasy 2013 dates. The next day, October 18, 2011, the 2013 dates were available for booking.

Question: Remind me, if I book a dummy 2014 date on opening day this October, I can reshop that booking on board a Feb 2013 cruise to receive the DCL onboard booking discount? If yes, can it be for that same sailing, or does it need to be moved?

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #175
StephenKay
DVC Member VWL 2001

Cool Just Got This From DREAMS

FYI,

Thank you for selecting Dreams Unlimited Travel!

I apologize for the Ďmassí email but this is the fastest way to reach all of my clients. I also apologize if you received multiple copies of this email.

We are hearing that Disney Cruise Line may be releasing some sail dates for 2014 very soon. At this time, we do not know the exact sail dates, itineraries or when they will be released but I wanted to make sure I completely understand your requirements prior to the release date. In order to do this, would you please answer some questions for me?

If you are not interested in changing your reservation or booking a new reservation for 2014, itís not necessary to respond to this email.

Are you interested in booking a Disney Cruise Line reservation for 2014?

Do you have an existing reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel that you would like to change to a sailing in 2014?

If you want to change an existing reservation, please provide the Dreams Unlimited Travel or Disney Cruise Line reservation number. I will also need to the approximate sail date, ship and category you are interested in.

If you donít have a current reservation that you would like to change to 2014, are you interested in booking a new reservation? If so, do you know the sail date and other specificís you would like to book?

Again, we are not sure what the new itinerates will be or sail dates but please provide any additional information on approximate dates or itinerates you may be interested in.

If you have already contacted me about making a change, if I havenít contacted you I will be contacting you directly very soon. If you have already sent me your request and you havenít heard from me by tomorrow, please let me know.

Although I will certainly try to work everyoneís request as quickly as possible, I will be working requests in the order they are received. The more information you can provide up front, the faster we can book what you want at the lowest price possible. Once the release happens, I will have very little time to email quotes, or answer questions. My number one priority will be to book the clients who know what they want as soon as possible at the lowest pricing.

We do not have any inside information on this release! I just want to make sure I have everything ready when the release does happen. Once I hear anything specific, I will send you an email with this information.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or requests.

Sincerely

Kelsie Johnson

Dreams Unlimited Travel
Old 10-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #176
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Website's back up. No new dates
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 10-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #177
thepoohguy
Mouseketeer

I currently have a dummy cruise sitting with Dreams Unlimited, and I didn't get that email...

thepoohguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #178
chateau
DIS Veteran

How long after platinum does gold have access to bookings, and/or info?
chateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #179
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chateau View Post
How long after platum does gold have access to bookings, and/or info?
I think last year, it was platinum and gold got a day or so lead time on silver and the general public. But only on the new itineraries.

Meant only in the most humorous way...but sometimes my twisted sense of humor gets lost in translation on the interwebs.
So, FYI, it's a joke.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 10-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #180
1153rsmith
DIS Veteran

I just got an email from Dreams Unlimited about forthcoming 2014 dates. My TA said they are hearing rumors they could be releasing some dates soon.

Senior Trip-off site-April 1985 |Honeymoon -OKW- December 1995 | First Trip with kids - OKW- September 2009 | Trip for DD B-day --AKV- May 2010 | Trip for DS B-Day-OKW-Sept 2011 & 3 Day Disney Dream Cruise | Magic 5 Night Key West-April 2012 | Our First Christmas Party-November 2012 | Mexico cruise on the Wonder-April 2013 | VWL - September 2013 | HHI & BWV for SWW-June 2014
Cast of Characters: DH DW DS (15) DD (12)

1153rsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: