Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #31
goofy Jr. 88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2darlingboys View Post
I drink out of my resort mug at work (yes, it is refillable there!).

I am drinking out of my mug as I type!

Also, while doing work on the computer, I will listen to Mouseworld Radio.

goofy Jr. 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #32
FloridaDreaming
Mouseketeer

What do I do to help with the withdrawal? I stream Disney parks music on my iPhone. The Disney 4 Parks 1 World CD is always in my car's disc player. I throw on one of my Disney tees (or pajamas), grab some popcorn and my refillable mug, and chill out with either a Disney movie or stream Disney youtube videos on the television. I've also been known to whip out the Mickey cookie cutter and make some Mickey rice krispy treats.
I also look at all the picture threads here on the Dis. I love to see the great pics people take of the parks and DTD. And I'm always changing my mind of which resort we'll stay at next. So, I spend a lot of time on the resort threads getting to know them all.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #33
k5thbeatle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylover92 View Post
My family and I spent 14 days in Disney, and just left yesterday. Needless to say, we're all going through major Disney withdrawal/ depression. Especially my sister and I. Does anyone have anything they do to help with the withdrawal of not being in the most happiest place in the world? Thanks in advance!
Well one thing that seems to help that is often not mentioned is that when you return, give yourself an extra day (or two if possible) before you have to return to work. In other words, try to plan it so that when you return you're not right back to work the very next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUGuy View Post
In either 2006 or 2007 we did an 11 day WDW vacation, the first 9 at BoardWalk, the last 2 at POFQ. In the cab from BW to POFQ I said to wifey, 'You know, if we were going to the airport right now I'd be OK with that'. Don't misunderstand, I didn't want to leave, but I realized I'd had my fill. Ever since then, on trips mostly of 7 or 8 days, our last day was one of contentment, not depression. Even the stroll through MCO with all the new arrivees streaming past failed to dent our spirits...Bill From PA
I also have to comment on the sentiment of this post...I agree. We started going for longer times usually spending about 16 days on trips in recent years and while I was not wanting to leave...I was ready or content as this poster wrote. So my point is not "try to go for longer times" but regardless of the length of time realize the end for what it is and think of the fun and be happy with that.

Last edited by k5thbeatle; 10-02-2012 at 10:53 PM.
k5thbeatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:47 PM   #34
k5thbeatle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy Jr. 88 View Post

I am drinking out of my mug as I type!

Also, while doing work on the computer, I will listen to Mouseworld Radio.
Yes, but what are you drinking? A Grey Goose Citron Lemonade Slush ala French pavillion?

k5thbeatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #35
lrorr
LizzieBeth

Post Disney Blues

I'm having a little post Disney blues over here too. We went at the end of August. Back to school was a nice distraction. I am having a great time going through all our pictures- so many memories made this trip! I also have friends there right now and I'm following them on facebook and living vicariously through them

Goofy January 2015
AKL December 2014
Offsite August 2014
Offsite November 2013 Wine and Dine Half
Offsite August 2013
All Star Sports January 2013
POR August 2012
Offsite May 2011

lrorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #36
tenaseewalker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrorr View Post
I'm having a little post Disney blues over here too. We went at the end of August. Back to school was a nice distraction. I am having a great time going through all our pictures- so many memories made this trip! I also have friends there right now and I'm following them on facebook and living vicariously through them
Sometimes I think it's worse reading about it, I want to be there having fun with them.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #37
Zipears Fan
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." ~WD

PDD "Cure"

Well, there really is no cure, per se. However, I have heard of many different ideas on how "to treat" it such as plan your next trip, listen to the CDs, watch family videos, etc. I have found, however, that those can have the opposite, worsening effect.

Here's what my family has done in the past, and what my wife and I continue to do: Make your trip to WDW the first part of a longer vacation. We will stay at Disney for a week, and then hit a beach and stay at a condo for week two. This gives us something to immediately look forward to and do and lessens the negative impact we feel when Disney is over. This way, the Magical Express ride back to the airport with the "see you real soon" lightly playing in the background isn't the last thing we do before going back to work on Monday!

February 2015: Pop
September 2013: Pop (Anniversary!)August 2010: Pop July 2009: ASSp (Engagement!) July 2003: ASMu May 2000: ASSp From 1985-1999, Offsite[/SIZE]
Zipears Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #38
P00H1010
DIS Veteran

That feeling is such an awful feeling. We go through it everytime we leave WDW. Haven't really found a cure per say but it helps to continue to immerse yourself with Disney. Look at pictures from your trip, watch vids on youtube, listen to Disney music, go on DIS, start talking about your next trip etc.

July 2010: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
July 2011: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
July 2012: Split Stay @ Bay Lake Tower/Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
September 2013: Split Stay @ Art of Animation/Beach Club Villas
July 2014: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
P00H1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #39
999DoomBuggies
Mouseketeer

There is no complete cure! You can only place your Post Disney Depression (PDD) into remission by planning for your next trip or going to local Disney stores. After our last trip we went to our local Disney stores, one of which is a Disney experience store. This helped...a little. Immerse yourself in good books about the park and imagineers. Likewise, subscribe to a bunch of disney podcasts. Buy memorabilia, today I just received from my wife an incredible haunted mansion attraction poster replica on some sort of sheet metal. Really cool looking.

Every time we return we contemplate a move to be close to the magical kingdom. This sounds crazy to friends and family but oh well. In two years we plan to move from our current locale. We have debated being closer to family (within 3.5 hrs of disneyland) or being bold and going to disney world (our fav of the two parks). Plus we hate winter, love beaches, and want a different pace so either place is a plus.
999DoomBuggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #40
AuroraRora
Princess

I get this too - this year it wasn't so bad but last year I was so depressed when I got back that I considered not going back anymore just to avoid going through it again. Having other trips planned definitely helps though, even if they're tentative and way off in the distance. For me, things like listening to the music and coming on the Dis actually make it worse, so I usually take a few days after getting home to get myself together before I'm able to go on youtube and watch Wishes etc without tearing up.

Edit: I agree with the PP - going to the Disney store in your city definitely helps!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: