Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

2013 Entertainment Book ?

Can anyone with a 2013 Entertainment Book tell me what the coupons for National Car and Alamo are? I don't want to know the codes, I just want to know what kind of coupons are in the book (free weekend? 2-car class upgrade? $ off a weekly rental?). The website is no help with the book preview and I'm trying to decide if it will be worth my while to purchase one right now.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
granmanh603
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
Can anyone with a 2013 Entertainment Book tell me what the coupons for National Car and Alamo are? I don't want to know the codes, I just want to know what kind of coupons are in the book (free weekend? 2-car class upgrade? $ off a weekly rental?). The website is no help with the book preview and I'm trying to decide if it will be worth my while to purchase one right now.
I got the 2012 book and it has all those coupons and codes that you mentioned and they are good until June 30,2013 so would figure that they would be the same in the new book, to be honest I think you can find the codes fee else where..I have not gotten any great prices on my trip in Oct(this month) using them... got a better price on Dollar with no coupon????

granmanh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
jgreco
Mouseketeer

For renting cars I've always found better codes online than anything I ever found in those books. Check Priceline, I've seen people get really good deals.
jgreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmanh603 View Post
I got the 2012 book and it has all those coupons and codes that you mentioned and they are good until June 30,2013 so would figure that they would be the same in the new book, to be honest I think you can find the codes fee else where..I have not gotten any great prices on my trip in Oct(this month) using them... got a better price on Dollar with no coupon????
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreco View Post
For renting cars I've always found better codes online than anything I ever found in those books. Check Priceline, I've seen people get really good deals.
Thanks, I have the 2012 book. But the trip will be in Sept. of 2013, so this year's coupons aren't going to be any use to me. I'm not the type to take a discount that I'm not entitled to, so even if I could find the 2013 codes online, I wouldn't use them.

I really want to rent from Alamo or National because they are located on Disney property. I'm not willing to play Russian roulette on Priceline and end up with a rental location that is going to cost me $40-$50 in taxi fees to get to and from (not to mention the wasted time involved in traveling to a remote location). My plan is to pick up and drop off at the Dolphin, which is within walking distance from my resort. Priceline's "name your own price" only permits you to choose MCO as the location, so that is not going to work for me.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #5
lllovell
Are you achin'...yup yup yup...for some bacon...yup yup yup...You can be a big pig too!

Alamo - $25 off Minivan or SUV rental (3 day min)
Free Weekend Day
Free Upgrade
$15 off - (min 3 days)
$20 off - (min 4 days max 5 days)

National:
Free weekend day
$25 off Minivan or SUV (3 day min)
$15 off (min 3 day)
Free day - 5 day min inc a Sat rental
$20 off - 4 day min inc a Sat rental

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: