Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #61
aras4007
Mouseketeer

YAY Glad you are officially booked!! So exciting!! It looks like you didn't end up getting Monday and Tuesday off this year :-(

Your list of food places looks good!

Will you be live tweeting??
Old 10-03-2012, 12:26 AM   #62
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
YAY Glad you are officially booked!! So exciting!! It looks like you didn't end up getting Monday and Tuesday off this year :-(

Your list of food places looks good!

Will you be live tweeting??
I'm so excited and I might have a trip up my sleeve before this one.
We only got Thursday and Friday off, which is ridiculous, in my opinion. We'll miss about half of Wednesday and Monday, but it's the county's fault for not giving it to us. The day before Thanksgiving should at least be half a day, but we always have the most random half days instead.
I LOVE planning disney good.
I"m always tweeting, but I get carried away with it in Disney, so yes. My username is "Partyintherain." Yea, don't ask why that's my username.

"You Guys Are Looking At Me Like I'm Your Executioner!" An Aug '12 TR!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2973705

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #63
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanIsMine View Post
I'm so excited and I might have a trip up my sleeve before this one.
We only got Thursday and Friday off, which is ridiculous, in my opinion. We'll miss about half of Wednesday and Monday, but it's the county's fault for not giving it to us. The day before Thanksgiving should at least be half a day, but we always have the most random half days instead.
I LOVE planning disney good.
I"m always tweeting, but I get carried away with it in Disney, so yes. My username is "Partyintherain." Yea, don't ask why that's my username.
Awesome..I'm going to follow you now!
Yea, that sucks about the days off...at least you still get to go for a good amount of time. And another trip before that one??? Awesome!!
Old 10-04-2012, 02:02 AM   #64
mom24mouseketeers
Earning My Ears

I am subbed in now... can't wait to hear more! I love that you have some dad/daughter time - that is so special! Cherish every moment! My son (18) is joining the military and I am sad that our Disney trips may be coming to an end! Of course, now that I am out of the military, and he is joining - we will be using HIS military discounts! lol

Ok, settling in and looking forward to your next post!

T
Old 10-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #65
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Awesome..I'm going to follow you now!
Yea, that sucks about the days off...at least you still get to go for a good amount of time. And another trip before that one??? Awesome!!
You're my first Disboards follower!
I don't know how we went from the whole week off to only 2 days, but whatever. We were at the park today and my dad said that we don't have to go school on D-Day, which surprised me. I thought I would go until around 10:30 since I have Lang and Enviro before then. My other AP is 7th period and I'll just have to miss that because I want to get to Disney by 3, not leave at 3. We were also talking about how we want to go to Southern BBQ night and I said the only night they have is our arrival night and he said we could go there for dinner the day we leave. We usually leave right after lunch, so I was pleasantly surprised. We also walked past a woman and I heard her tell her friend that she's going to FP Toy Story because there's no way she's waiting for it.
My mom is second-guessing herself now, so I have no idea. It went from a 99% to a probably not. I have to work on her, but I'm not talking no as an answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24mouseketeers View Post
I am subbed in now... can't wait to hear more! I love that you have some dad/daughter time - that is so special! Cherish every moment! My son (18) is joining the military and I am sad that our Disney trips may be coming to an end! Of course, now that I am out of the military, and he is joining - we will be using HIS military discounts! lol

Ok, settling in and looking forward to your next post!

T
and thanks!
I have always been a big Daddy's girl and cherish every minute with him. Thank you so much for serving our country. I like you're thinking with using your son's military discount. Those are some nice discounts.
I have pictures uploading to Photobucket now. Online CPR will have to be finished tomorrow.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #66
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

Sunday, August 5th.

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed, like I slept for 12 hours and ready to go crazy again. If I only I felt like that everyday. I go crazy everyday, but I usually don't have the energy for it. I think I slept 30 hours this week, I want to say. The bags under my eyes have bags. Yet I can't sleep. Life's mysteries.

The plan for this fine morning was to open Hollywood Studios, my favorite park. Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom rope drops are my favorite. I plan 2 of each a trip.

Let's see who's coming along.

I opened the curtains and Amy wanted to sleep a little more. I told her she would have to rush because Potato Head waits for nobody.

When we booked the trip, Mom and Dad said they wanted a no rope drop day and wanted to spend a morning at the pool and gym. What? We have a gym at home and a pool, too. They decided to used their "Get out of Jail Free Card" on this morning since we had another DHS rope drop planned.

I looked up the weather and it said that the high was ONLY 88 and was relieved. Did ya know that it's still 88 here? It's ridiculous. I debated and decided on short sleeves verses a tank on this day because I thought 88 wasn't hot and since everything was indoors mostly, I would get cold in a tank. I wore white and that involved a layer. Rookie mistake.

Amy asked me to go in Mom's wallet and grab her AP, informing me that hers had a Goofy on it. I grabbed the Goofy ticket without thinking about it, as she told me to.

FORESHADOWING!!!!!!

We friendshipped it over to DHS and got there 5 minutes before rope drop. Amy was in front of me at a different entrance a few feet away for whatever reason. I enter the park and look around, don't see her, and wonder how far could she have gotten in 30 seconds. I then remember that her name is Amy and she could be at TSM by now. Amy calls and says that she can't get it and I told her she could- it's an annual pass and is good until December. She said the ticket she had was the WP AP.

Crap.

There goes rope drop, I thought. My graduation will be before my TSM FP return time. We both thought we would have to go back to the resort to get it.

I then thought maybe we could go to the ticket window and try to get a new one. I then remembered I didn't have my ID, which I figured I would need. We went anyway since there was no line.

Oh, and the Goofy ticket we had was my mom's WP AP. I thought there was no way they would give us a new one since it wasn't even Amy's ticket.

We explained our situation to the CM and she asked Amy her name and birthday and printed her a new one.

Viola. Just like that. It took 8 seconds.

Phew! Crisis averted! Smart idea I had, hugh? The CM was very kind and gave us a map along with a cute, little AP holder envelope.

Lesson of the day: If you forget your ticket, you don't need to go back to the resort.

We entered and then made our way to Toy Story Mania to investigate the crime scene. The battle had already happened. The wait was 60 minutes and FPs were for 11ish. We grabbed FPs and then escaped, avoiding the line of fire.
Those two people are party poopers for ruining my empty picture.

That's more like it.

We decided to go see who was hanging out by the Hat.
We said hello to Chip and Dale.

We then stopped for some more pictures on the way to our next battle.

Amy's favorite thing is the Animation Academy. I mean Toy Story Mania is to Animation Academy, in Amy's mind. She does this several times a trip. I'm talking three or four times.

It was 9:20 and I decided it would be a good idea to get it over with and do the 9:30 class. Amy was on board with this idea. I just wanted to get it over now. It's like taking off a bandage.

I suck at drawing. I'm terrible. I feel sorry for teachers when they request things to be hand drawn. They really have no idea what they're getting them self into. Not a clue.

We cut through the gift shop, like always.

There was a college girl with her dad and they were visiting for the day from Tampa waiting for the class. Lucky people. I can't wait to be able to do that again.

They joked that they were disappointed when we arrived because they were hoping for a private lesson. Several other people came after, but there was still about 10 empty seats. Speaking of those seats, be careful there, they're animated.

We learned that we would be drawing Eeyore. That donkey already suffers from depression. Are you trying to make it worse by insisting I draw him?

It was over as soon as I applied pressure to my paper via pencil.
Feel free to skip this picture.

I feel for ya, Eeyore.

Amy's, with her being quite the artist, turned out great.

The CM told us that Eeyore was stuffed with.... Does anybody know?

He also informed us that there was most likely room in the next class.

Dude! Who's side are you on?
Amy begged to do it again and so we did the 10:00 class. We had lap desks this time since we were the last ones allowed in.

We were drew not Perry, but Agent P.
Here's what the pretty paper looked like before I ruined it with the pencil.

Look at those eyes! It's a crime.

I told Amy what colors to do for Flounder and she thought I was lying.

I told the truth.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:32 PM   #67
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

I noticed that Eeyore and Pooh were due out in 5 minutes and we decided to get in line. Amy wanted to show Eeyore her drawing of him. I was looking out for his well being and put mine in my pocket.
This background reminds me of the good ol' days of Winnie the Pooh. No one will ever know how happy it made me to see Christopher Robin back on the big screen. And next year we get a new Powder Puff Girls movie.

Pooh was flying solo today.

Blonde moment time: I just spent a good minute debating which picture to post when they're both the exact same. Go to bed soon, Emily. Read Water for Elephants and Tale of Two Cities, Emily. Watch Bridesmaids, Emily. I like the third choice the best

We then went to go see Voyage of the Little Mermaid and waited about 10 minutes. I love Voyage. It's one of my regular YouTube attractions. I also love Sebastion. He's the greatest. Did you know he's a crab? I thought he was a lobster, but my friends out Disney-ed me. They could not believe they outdid the Disney Freak. I told them I had only gotten 4 hours of sleep the night before and I could be a unicorn for all I know.

You got your looks, your pretty face, and don't underestimate the power of body language.

Kiss the girl.

It was then time to use our TSM FPs! Yay!

Tip: When you go up the stairs, always break your party into duets or solos. That allows you to go up the right side, which is much quicker because there's no line. You can't ride with your whole party anyway.

In case you were wondering if I won or not:

I did. My strategy never fails. The enemy in battle thinks they it, piece of cake and then I load my ammunition and they're done.

We then decided it was snack time and I knew just where to go for a cold treat thanks to the Disney Food Blog: Hollywood Scoops. We went by Star Tours because I thought it was near there and then had to relocate to Sunset. It was hot. I almost settled for a Mickey Premium, but I knew the prize was worth it. This is what we got:

Can I get a yum?!
Thanks to DFB, I knew you could choose your ice cream flavor. We got my favorite: cookies and creme
We then left DHS via giftshops. Amy had to stop to check out every CM's pins along the way. At least it was air-conditioned.

We had to wait a few minutes because we just missed a boat but they come every 5 minutes. I talked to these two people who are a few years older than me and we discussed how Perry has taken over WDW. They were huge disney freaks. My kind of people.

Amy and I had had a very fun and successful morning at DHS. It was only 12 when we got back and the day was still young.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:17 AM   #68
Belle83
DIS Veteran

Fun pictures, I love late EMH!

Popcorn totally counts as dinner That cookie/ice cream sandwich looks amazing.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #69
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanIsMine
You're my first Disboards follower!
I don't know how we went from the whole week off to only 2 days, but whatever. We were at the park today and my dad said that we don't have to go school on D-Day, which surprised me. I thought I would go until around 10:30 since I have Lang and Enviro before then. My other AP is 7th period and I'll just have to miss that because I want to get to Disney by 3, not leave at 3. We were also talking about how we want to go to Southern BBQ night and I said the only night they have is our arrival night and he said we could go there for dinner the day we leave. We usually leave right after lunch, so I was pleasantly surprised. We also walked past a woman and I heard her tell her friend that she's going to FP Toy Story because there's no way she's waiting for it.
My mom is second-guessing herself now, so I have no idea. It went from a 99% to a probably not. I have to work on her, but I'm not talking no as an answer.
Yayy! You're my first on twitter too!
Well that's good you guys still get to go for a few days. How far away are you from Disney?

Listening to people in the parks is so funny and even some of the cm's too! One day we were waiting for the Epcot monorail from the TTC. A family came up and asked a cm what the easiest way to get to the BW was. The cm was pretty much clueless.

Hope your mom comes through! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!
Old 10-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #70
luckylady
DIS Veteran

Great pictures. Love B&C. haven't eaten ice cream there tho We stayed at BC awile back for ir 25th anniversery. Your picture brought back memories since our room was the one under the tip of the yellow flag. What a great morning for sisters. You all had a good time. What a good sis you were to stay for the 2nd class for drawing. Yea for another up coming trip. Hope you have your ADRs by now they go fast for that time.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #71
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Just read your last couple of updates..I got behind! That ice cream cookie sandwich looks amazing!!! YUM!

I haven't done The Little Mermaid in years! Maybe next time!
Old 10-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #72
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
Fun pictures, I love late EMH!

Popcorn totally counts as dinner That cookie/ice cream sandwich looks amazing.
Thanks! I love being in the parks late at night.
It was delish!
Quote:
Yayy! You're my first on twitter too!
Well that's good you guys still get to go for a few days. How far away are you from Disney?

Listening to people in the parks is so funny and even some of the cm's too! One day we were waiting for the Epcot monorail from the TTC. A family came up and asked a cm what the easiest way to get to the BW was. The cm was pretty much clueless.

Hope your mom comes through! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!
That's how long we usually go for. Distance wise- 3 hours. Time wise- 32 days. Is that what you mean? haha
That wasn't at Disney, but rather, the softball park by our house. It would of been nice if it was Disney, though. Then yesterday these two guys in US were talking about how XYZ were at Epcot and the one kid was saying he'd rather be at hockey than Epcot. (what?!) The other kid was defending Epcot, but didn't really know what was there. I can usually bite my lip, but I had to jump in and add that Soarin' and TT are there.
I've never spoken to a CM on the phone who knew more about Disney than me. I've been told that I can't walk from CR to MK because there is a lake in the way.
She won't let me go. Mostly because it's junior year. The friend is getting the seasonal pass and if I go Spring Break, I'm thinking of getting this 4 day FL resident ticket and will have a day left to use after AP Exams in May.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
Great pictures. Love B&C. haven't eaten ice cream there tho We stayed at BC awile back for ir 25th anniversery. Your picture brought back memories since our room was the one under the tip of the yellow flag. What a great morning for sisters. You all had a good time. What a good sis you were to stay for the 2nd class for drawing. Yea for another up coming trip. Hope you have your ADRs by now they go fast for that time.
Beach Club is my second favorite resort! That must of been an awesome view! It was a fun morning. We get a lot more done when it's just the two of us than with the parentals.
I have 3 ADRs- Garden Grove, 50s, and brunch at Whispering Canyon for Thanksgiving.
Quote:
Just read your last couple of updates..I got behind! That ice cream cookie sandwich looks amazing!!! YUM!

I haven't done The Little Mermaid in years! Maybe next time!
I've gotten behind, too! Haven't been on the DIS at all lately. All I've been doing is hw. In fact, the other night I went to bed at 3:30 and woke up at 5..
I love the LM. I watched the movie last weekend for the first time in years, fell in love with it, and now I can't find the second one, which makes me sad.
It was awesome and really hit the spot.
I'm going to Disney one month from tomorrow!!!
I have pics uploading right now. The rest of this day entails no naps, changing plans, and 8 hours at the MK with 125 pictures.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #73
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

I spent about an hour in the room relaxing. Dad was at the gym Mom and Amy were at the Dolphin for lunch, but I was just in the mood for some PB & J so stayed in the room. The bread looked weird and I obviously wasn't just going to eat PB & J alone because that's disgusting.

I decided to put my bathing suit on under my clothes and join them at the Dolphin. While alone, I called my best friend, Morgan to tell her about the trip so far. I felt like I had been in Disney for so long, but it was only the second full day. She's going next weekend and will be sending me pics and I'll be super sad because I was supposed to go with her, but had to cancel last week. (Insert sad face)

While walking to the Dolphin, my favorite resort ever, at my favorite place ever, my favorite song, Love Story by Taylor Swift was playing and I was so happy.
It's gotta be a good, good life. I am SO excited for RED on Monday.

I have been staying at the Dolphin since I was a baby and it truly does feel like home there. I can't wait to stay there next month. I surprised Mom and Amy and stole some of their salad, but only the turkey because they ate the parts that I like. While we were getting ready to leave, I decided I was in the mood for bagel. I thought it was just a bagel, no big deal, how long can one take to prepare a bagel? It took a good 5 minutes and there was no line. Then when I asked for butter, I don't think the CM had ever seen butter in her life, and it took her forever and a day to find it. I could of made my own butter faster, I think.

I'm not a big fan of Peekaboo's. Mom raves about their clam chowder and pot roast. I hate the food there and I'll eat anything. I also think the food is pricy and then they add a 13% service charge.

We then decided against the pool and went back to the room. Amy and I were going to go to DTD, POP, AOA, and then back to DHS to use TSM FPs at 5. Mom and Dad were going to do whatever and then we would meet up at 7 for mini golf before going to MK for EMH. Amy and I were walking down the hallway when Mom came chasing us, saying that she wanted to come too because Dad just got some work in. So we waited for her and waited and then waited some more.

The skies then opened up and she didn't want to go DTD. She decided we should wait it out. Umm, no, Mother, we put on ponchos and party in the rain. Amy had two thing to return- something she got online and a shirt that didn't fit her. The Swan couldn't do it, so we walked to the Dolphin and they were able to return it for her at Daisy's Garden.

I'm known to walk into Daisy's Garden and sit on the floor to read the latest tabloids about the Bachelor.

It took a while to do the return and I don't remember why, but Amy finally received her merchandise GC. She had a meltdown about something, I think because I was the one holding her GC and AP because all she had were pockets and so then Mom told her she could hold my tech case, which had my camera, cash, 2 APs and most importantly, TSM FPs. If she lost it......
I quickly got it back.

We then sat and plotted out our afternoon. We couldn't decide what to do. The rain was lighting it up, so I suggested we go to AK and if it's still raining, we'll go to AKL first.

We get on the bus to AK and then go to pick up some friends at the other Epcot resorts. Mom and Amy sat together and I sat behind them, checking out Twitter. I then see them stand up at the Beach Club and I wonder "What are they doing?!" They then get off and I tell them we're not at AK and they say that they want to go MK instead.

What?

I told them that it had been raining for a few hours and the parade was almost over, so it'll be empty there and MK would be packed since they were hosting EMH on this evening.

Mom, being the 5-year-old she is, did not care.

Alright. At least I warned them in advance.
Sorry for the long ramble. I feel that it's important to tell the full story of the TR and not just the pictures. If you're like me and don't like reading, let me know and I'll just TR about our time at the parks.

It was still raining, but it wasn't a monsoon anymore. I decided that I would go get FPs for the Jungle Cruise and Mom and Amy would get food at Pinnochio's.
I was strong and cut straight through the Emporium without stopping to browse.
Yea, I don't know how I managed. I met them just as they sat down.
I asked for a flat bread.
This is what we got.

Our view:

See? I know what I'm talking about.
I pick up the meatball sub to take a bite and the meatballs come flying out. They landed in the carton it came in, but it wasn't properly constructed and so all the meatballs fell on the floor when they should of stayed in the cartoon, had it been constructed properly.

Fail.

Mom said she would go ask for new meatballs. She came back and said she showed the CM the 3 meatballs and the CM gave her a bowl of 5 new ones.

I asked her how she proved to the CM that we didn't just eat them and made the story up and she said she picked them up from the floor.

"You picked them up?", I asked in disbelief.
She responded with "It's not dog crap, it's just a meatball." I was dying of laughter. We took our time eating and giggled a lot.
Nobody cares about these FL pictures anymore.

Amy noticed people taking a picture with Pinnoch in his puppet form and needed her pic, too.

We went to see Philhar Magic.

I then picked up more FPS for Pan. They weren't until 8 something.
We had a few minutes until our Jungle Cruise FPS, so we had a photo shoot by the castle.

Amy took my pic at this angle.

What?
I asked her to try again.

Dad called and said he was on his way to the MK. We decided to try and see if all 4 of us can go on the JC with only 3 FPs and we were allowed.
There was a party going in the background.

'Sup Lumiere.

Welcome, foolish mortals to

I gave the camel my best "Try me" stare and he spit on me, but missed. HAHA, Sucker!

Our skipper, Amanda was awesome. She was SO energetic. Some people felt that she was obnoxious, but I thought she was great. She deviated from the scrip a little, which made her even more awesome.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:14 PM   #74
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

I traded for the orange bird.

I wanted to go on Pirates, but the vultures were hungry, so we went to the only CS in the MK that I had never been to before.

I had been wanting to eat here for a while.
Our grub:

The salmon was AMAZING! I was disappointed in the fried shrimp only because I like it when it's so crispy that it's brown.

The tables there are close together and when getting out of my bench, I accidently kicked a cute guy in the but. Whoops. Lo siento.

We then decided to split up- it was Mom and I vs Amy and Dad.
Mom and I did some browsing and then she needed to go to the bathroom for the 3rd time in less than 3 hours. Talk about a weak bladder.
We decided to go on the river boat, but it was closed for rennovation.
Mom asked if I wanted to see Hall of Presidents, but I said I wasn't tired.
We decided on Country Bears, but we just missed the show. We went to the Tiki Room and a show was about to start.
I hadn't seen it since 2004 so it was like the first time for me.

It was cute, but no big deal.
We then saw the next Jamboree.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #75
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanIsMine View Post

That's how long we usually go for. Distance wise- 3 hours. Time wise- 32 days. Is that what you mean? haha
That wasn't at Disney, but rather, the softball park by our house. It would of been nice if it was Disney, though. Then yesterday these two guys in US were talking about how XYZ were at Epcot and the one kid was saying he'd rather be at hockey than Epcot. (what?!) The other kid was defending Epcot, but didn't really know what was there. I can usually bite my lip, but I had to jump in and add that Soarin' and TT are there.
I've never spoken to a CM on the phone who knew more about Disney than me. I've been told that I can't walk from CR to MK because there is a lake in the way.
She won't let me go. Mostly because it's junior year. The friend is getting the seasonal pass and if I go Spring Break, I'm thinking of getting this 4 day FL resident ticket and will have a day left to use after AP Exams in May.

I've gotten behind, too! Haven't been on the DIS at all lately. All I've been doing is hw. In fact, the other night I went to bed at 3:30 and woke up at 5..
I love the LM. I watched the movie last weekend for the first time in years, fell in love with it, and now I can't find the second one, which makes me sad.
It was awesome and really hit the spot.
I meant distance wise but thanks for the countdown too! haha 3 hours...thats awesome! I'm jealous...I'm a 3 hour plane ride

Seriously..some people (including cm's) are just so clueless about Disney..I don't get it!

Great updates! I haven't eaten at either of those places in MK. I really want to try Columbia Harbor House though! Maybe in December. I have a reservation for Liberty Tree but not sure if we want to waste time at a sit down meal since we're only going to MK for MVMCP. We'll see!

I love the Jungle Cruise!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: