Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
disneyfan2kids
DIS Veteran

ADR's upon arrival...how soon?

We are set to land at 8:30pm (we always land at least 15m prior to scheduled time). Obviously our room will be ready that late so we should get right in. Heading to SSR. Basically planning on hopping on ME, will have already done online check-in, drop backpacks in room, and heading to DTD for a late dinner (we will be starving by then.)

Do you think we could make a 9:45ADR at DTD? (we will walk/boat from SSR.) Again - we will need to hop on ME, drive to SSR, drop backpacks in room, head straight to DTD.

I know this assumes no "bumps in road" or delayed flights. BUT if we were to assume all went well...could we make a 9:45 ADR? I am assuming the ME goes a little faster at night.

I want to make the ADR... and will cancel if something appears to happen that won't allow us to make it in time. Then we'll just eat counter service... no big deal. BUT just trying to see if anyone out there thinks that this is at all a possibility.

Thanks!

disneyfan2kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
Jestocost
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan2kids View Post
We are set to land at 8:30pm (we always land at least 15m prior to scheduled time). Obviously our room will be ready that late so we should get right in. Heading to SSR. Basically planning on hopping on ME, will have already done online check-in, drop backpacks in room, and heading to DTD for a late dinner (we will be starving by then.)

Do you think we could make a 9:45ADR at DTD? (we will walk/boat from SSR.) Again - we will need to hop on ME, drive to SSR, drop backpacks in room, head straight to DTD.

I know this assumes no "bumps in road" or delayed flights. BUT if we were to assume all went well...could we make a 9:45 ADR? I am assuming the ME goes a little faster at night.

I want to make the ADR... and will cancel if something appears to happen that won't allow us to make it in time. Then we'll just eat counter service... no big deal. BUT just trying to see if anyone out there thinks that this is at all a possibility.

Thanks!
I don't think it's possible. For planning purposes, you should count for DME taking 90 minutes to get you to your resort, which doesn't even put you there until 10 p.m. In a best-case scenario you might get to the resort by 9:30 p.m.

Consider an optimistic timeline where you get you get to your room (which at SSR could be a long way from the check-in area) and over to DTD within 30 minutes of arrival (assuming you walk from SSR) and the absolute best you could possible hope for if everything goes perfectly is to be walking up to a restaurant at 10 p.m.

Given that it is unrealistic to rely on your flight being on time (much less 15 minutes early) or to expect that everything will go perfectly, planning on being at dinner at DTD anytime before 11 p.m. is risky. Even the 11 p.m. arrival would require lots of things working in your favor.
Spring 1976, WDW/Golf Resort; Spring 2000, WDW/CBR; Summer 2002, WDW/CBR; Thanksgiving 2003, Disney Wonder & WDW/CBR; Fall 2004, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2005, Disney Magic Western Caribbean; Fall 2005, WDW/BC; Summer 2006, Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean & WDW/POFQ; Christmas 2006, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2007, DLR/Disneyland Hotel; Fall 2007, WDW/Poly; Summer 2008, WDW/POFQ & Disney Wonder B2B; Thanksgiving 2008, WDW/Poly; Summer 2009, WDW/AKL; Christmas/New Year 2009-2010, WDW/Poly and Disney Magic Western Caribbean; Spring Break 2010, WDW/BC; Summer 2010, WDW/GF; Thanksgiving 2010, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2011, WDW/BC; Summer 2011, WDW/BWI; Thanksgiving 2011, Disney Dream; Summer 2012, WDW/AKL;F&WF 2012, WDW/BWI; Spring Break 2013, WDW/BC; Summer 2013, Disney Wonder Alaska; F&WF 2013, WDW/YC; Spring Break 2014, WDW/AKL and Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean

Jestocost is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
Alesia
DIS Veteran

No way. Even if everything goes perfectly.

Skip the ADR and either eat at Earl of Sandwich or the CS location at SSR

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #4
disneyfan2kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
No way. Even if everything goes perfectly.

Skip the ADR and either eat at Earl of Sandwich or the CS location at SSR
sigh... I suppose you're right. Oh well...was worth a shot

Could be worse things than starting my vacation at Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Pucks though!

disneyfan2kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #5
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

WPE...for sure. One of my favorite spots to eat...Marketplace one, not the nasty other one!!!
The one time I booked something close to my arrival time??? Missed it. I should have been 3 hrs early for the darn thing...but that's the one time I had a mechanical issue. Made it onto the plane, then they deplaned all of us and we had a 3 hr wait for the next plane...so we took off at about the time I should have been arriving in WDW!!! So, got to my event just as it was finishing up!!! Won't make that mistake again.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #6
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

I'm not at all comfortable with an ADR within 3 hours of my scheduled arrival time. My first thought at reading your post was "No way". Sorry!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: