Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Question about room only offers

After a couple of lengthy calls with castmembers, I was told that a new promotion was coming out on October 10th and that it would cover my travel dates of May 22 to June 1, 2013. I've seen two or three people post that they received a pin code that included May 22nd but that was the last day.

If the October 10th promotion includes May 22nd but that's the last day offered, would I be able to book all of our days with that offer since our vacation starts before the last day? I know that you can do that with free dining but what about room only?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #2
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

Unfortunately, no. Room only offers work differently than Free Dining. With the Room Only offer the dates of the offer need to cover the entire stay. You can have the RO discount for part of your stay on the dates that it covers. With Free Dining, if you check in on the last day it is offered, it covers the entire stay. HTH.
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Well phooey! Thanks for the info!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 10-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #4
ThreeTinks
Mouseketeer

Those are the dates we are thinking of going too - you say they said it would cover your dates? Did they say something to lead you to believe the promo would END on May 22nd? Dying to hear because I'm also waiting on pins and needles for SOME kind of May discount. That last week in May/early June is the only time we can go due to school and dance so it's making me crazy waiting. Thanks!
ThreeTinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:52 AM   #5
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeTinks View Post
Those are the dates we are thinking of going too - you say they said it would cover your dates? Did they say something to lead you to believe the promo would END on May 22nd? Dying to hear because I'm also waiting on pins and needles for SOME kind of May discount. That last week in May/early June is the only time we can go due to school and dance so it's making me crazy waiting. Thanks!
The castmembers did say that it would cover my dates. The reason I thought that maybe it would only cover May 22nd is because that date is the ending date for a couple of people who have gotten pins.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #6
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Well phooey! Thanks for the info!
Hi Lisa-

If you look try and book the room only offer on WDW website right now (for end of year) and choose rooms not in the offer period and look at the breakdown it shows the discount on the the eligible days only.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #7
ThreeTinks
Mouseketeer

Thank you!! I really really hope something comes out - that last week of May is really the only time we can go unless we decide to go in the summer and that would be depending on some sort of discount too, and I'd prefer to avoid summer.....fall free dining is out now that my kids are older - too hard to take them out at the beginning of a school year
ThreeTinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #8
olecow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeTinks View Post
Thank you!! I really really hope something comes out - that last week of May is really the only time we can go unless we decide to go in the summer and that would be depending on some sort of discount too, and I'd prefer to avoid summer.....fall free dining is out now that my kids are older - too hard to take them out at the beginning of a school year
We're in the same boat. We used to go in late October with the kids and it was great, lower crowds and food and dining at Epcot. Our oldest is now in high school and I really don't want to pull him out, so we're planning an early June trip next year right after school is out. My wife is concerned because of the heat and higher crowds in June. On the plus side we plan on going for a few more days than we did in October, and a discount would make that easier
olecow is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: