Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 07:45 AM   #1
scojos
I want to be Tinkerbell and fly on the wire to start wishes
Thinks Disney studies should be taught in all schools

Do you books "nicer/sigs" at start or end of hols?

we are doing the ddp and are there for 14 nights, included in this will be the obligatory (but not amazing) character meals at CM etc, nicer places (imho) like Boma, ohanas and YSH.

i was wondering how you OCD planners organised your meal scedules? i have always teamed restaurants with parks, but was wondering if i should scedule better eateries at the start (we will enjoy them more, as its all "new"... or wait til the end of the holiday... let the food crushendo and eat buffets earlier so we get our moneys worth out of them (and none of the "meal was better at XXXX like last time

so my WDW nuts... whats your thoughts??
thanks
Tracy

ps my kids will eat most stuff but have very eclectic tastes in food, and appreciate good food, their fav is lecellier but we are skipping that this year to try a few new places xx
2010 - 2 weeks SSR free DDP 1 week creekside villa
2013- 2 weeks okw free ddp[/SIZE]
me dh ds1 ds2dd
scojos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
one2admire
Mouseketeer

I plan signatures first to go ahead and get them over with so we can relax and dress down the rest of the trip.
one2admire is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
scojos

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2admire View Post
I plan signatures first to go ahead and get them over with so we can relax and dress down the rest of the trip.
tbf thats an angle i hadnt thought about!!
me dh ds1 ds2dd
Old 10-03-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
goodferry
DIS Veteran

We spread ours out throughout the trip, although we prefer to have dinner each night at a signature. We figure out our itinerary before we decide on dining and then adjust our dining to fit our park schedule, that way we aren't running around trying to make it to an ADR that is far away. When we are on the DXDP I do a sit down lunch (1 credit) and a Signature dinner with the exception of our DHS day where we do a signature lunch (Brown Derby) and then 'Ohana that evening.(family tradition)
Old 10-03-2012, 08:48 AM   #5
Melodious
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2admire
We do this as well
Old 10-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #6
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Most of our dinners at done at Signatures, so they are spread throughout the vacation. But the nicest of the nice dinners are usually done in the middle of the trip when we either take a day off from the parks, or spend a leisurely day at AK where we know that we will be out of the park around 5:00 giving us plenty of time to shower and dress appropriately.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #7
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

We used to always plan a signature dinner for our arrival night, but now that we live so far away and a credit card guarantee is required, we've ended that tradition. There are just too many variables with air travel and our later-than-we-would-like arrival times. Other than that, we'll happily eat at a signature restaurant (or its lounge) at any point during our visit.

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: October 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
Sweet Melissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #8
scojos

we are unsure yet whether we will fly in on check in day (in which case we ll do a cs at dtd for speed) but if we travel in the day before and check into a cheap hotel for the night we thought about doing the GFC the first night, which ll gve the kids an idea of what to expect at a sig.... they have eaten nearly everywhere at non sig meals and have always behaved but hey... you never know!!

as for advice, you all do different things lmao... what did i expect???
me dh ds1 ds2dd
Old 10-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #9
CarpeDisney
Mouseketeer

We like to schedule character meals as close to our arrival as possible (usually the night we arrive, or breakfast on the first morning). This way the kids can see most of their favorites (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, and the Princesses) early in the trip and we don't have to spend a lot of time in the parks waiting on lines throughout our stay.

Our signature meals are usually spread throughout the trip, but we always like to plan one special dinner for our last night, followed by a final viewing of Wishes at the Magic Kingdom. For us, it's a nice way to celebrate as a family.

My Visits:
1984 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 2003 POR, 2005 Poly, 2006 CSR, 2007 CSR, 2007 POR, 2008 Off Site, 2009 SSR, 2009 AKV, 2010 AKV , 2010 Dolphin,
2011 BLT
, 2011 SSR, 2012 BLT, 2013 BLT
CarpeDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #10
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

We also do signatures nightly. We do Victoria & Alberts (the only really dressy one) on our last night because it's so much food that I'm only capable of sitting the next day for the long flight back to the west coast!
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #11
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
We also do signatures nightly. We do Victoria & Alberts (the only really dressy one) on our last night because it's so much food that I'm only capable of sitting the next day for the long flight back to the west coast!
A bonus to that strategy is that you're saving the best for last. I'm sure Victoria and Albert's is a hard act to follow.

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: October 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
Sweet Melissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #12
scojos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeDisney View Post
We like to schedule character meals as close to our arrival as possible (usually the night we arrive, or breakfast on the first morning). This way the kids can see most of their favorites (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, and the Princesses) early in the trip and we don't have to spend a lot of time in the parks waiting on lines throughout our stay.
i have "planned" a pre r/d bfast at TH (this will be the 3rd time we do this) on our 1st "real" day and then akerhaus for dinner on the 2nd evening, that way we have got the character meals "out of the way" for dh... he loves wdw but not a great fan of character meals... and both of them are "good" meals, im contemplating dropping CM as there are much better meals out there for a TS and we have "been there done that" iyswim... our 1st meal in wdw was CM but im thinking as the kids are alot older now we might do something more "mature!"
me dh ds1 ds2dd
Old 10-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #13
Geomom
Mouseketeer

DH and I try to do the place WE want to eat at the most on the first night or very early in the trip. This came about after the 'sick' year, when both kids came down with the 24 hr. stomach bug--on 2 different days and caused us to miss the reservation we were most looking forward to. Other than that, we try to match parks/restaurants, alternate character meals with regular meals so no one OD's on the characters. We're also planning to do a character breakfast on our last day as a nice memory.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #14
chicharitta
Earning My Ears

IMHO paring parks and meals is the best way to go. I can not justify wasting precious park time to trek to the other side of the property for a meal. Maybe one night for a special meal but certainly not every night.
We usually use are AK day as our wild card for dinner. We aren't interested in any of the AK restaurants or Boma & Jiko. Yes I realize that statement is going to be met with shock and horror by some. What can I say the menus just don't appeal to us.
Another thing I usually do is put together a dream schedule (park days are scheduled around EMH/special events and ADR) DH and I will go through it and pick out our must haves for the trip and adjust accordingly.
chicharitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #15
Three cats
DIS Veteran

We do a table service daily for lunch and a signature restaurant for dinner. Works out great for us.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: