DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
LuvMinnie
Earning My Ears

After all these years!

So excited!!!! After all these years my husband finally gave in and we have a DVC!!! I've tried to talk him into it for at least 8 years and on our trip last week he gave in and went to the presentation. I had no idea we would walk away owners, he suprised me!!!!!

I have a couple of questions, our use year is April, and we have already banked our points for this year. We want to take our children and grandchildren next November. Can I make those reservations in December even though I won't get my points till next April? And we are thinking about doing 3 studios so each family will have their own space, can I book 3 studios at one time? These boards are so helpful, I feel like I have so much to read to understand all the ins and outs. Thanks for your help!
LuvMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
crisi
DIS Veteran

Yes and yes and welcome home.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #3
LuvMinnie
Earning My Ears

Thank you!
LuvMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #4
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

Three studios are great but no guarantee you'll be close to each other. I would consider a GV!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:14 AM   #5
magicaldisney
DIS Veteran

Old 10-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #6
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Congrats and Welcome Home . My DH was the same way, he liked the idea of DVC (made him watch the video on it) but hated the whole points thing. That was until our Sept 2010 trip where he agreed to do a tour. Lets just say that he fell in love with everything right there, even with owning points since we will only be using our points for Disney resorts anyways. We walked away from that tour buying into BLT and then a year later we bought more points in SSR, now DH is talking about doing an add-on so we can have enough points to do 1-bedroom villas each time we go to WDW, he wants to ultimately have enough points for when we retire to be able to book a villa for 3 months during the winter months (we are from the Chicago area) . OP, you are going to love your DVC and make many wonderful memories with it.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #7
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMinnie View Post
I have a couple of questions, our use year is April, and we have already banked our points for this year. We want to take our children and grandchildren next November. Can I make those reservations in December even though I won't get my points till next April?
you'll probably want to bookmark this thread to help you keep UY straight:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1942668

UY has nothing to do with when you can call to book - that is determined by your home resort.

if you are booking a stay for nov 2013, that is in your 2013 UY (which runs from april 1, 2013 to march 31, 2014) so you can use banked 2012 UY pts + current 2013 UY pts (current based on the dates of the stay) + borrowed 2014 UY pts (if needed).

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #8
jstarcze
DIS Veteran

Welcome Home and Congratulations from Mickey, Goofy, and Me!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #9
LuvMinnie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohsFan1 View Post
Congrats and Welcome Home . My DH was the same way, he liked the idea of DVC (made him watch the video on it) but hated the whole points thing. That was until our Sept 2010 trip where he agreed to do a tour. Lets just say that he fell in love with everything right there, even with owning points since we will only be using our points for Disney resorts anyways. We walked away from that tour buying into BLT and then a year later we bought more points in SSR, now DH is talking about doing an add-on so we can have enough points to do 1-bedroom villas each time we go to WDW, he wants to ultimately have enough points for when we retire to be able to book a villa for 3 months during the winter months (we are from the Chicago area) . OP, you are going to love your DVC and make many wonderful memories with it.
Thank you! I like the way your husband thinks! I've said I would love to just live at Disney when we retire. One can dream......
Old 10-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #10
LuvMinnie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalee94 View Post
you'll probably want to bookmark this thread to help you keep UY straight:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1942668

UY has nothing to do with when you can call to book - that is determined by your home resort.

if you are booking a stay for nov 2013, that is in your 2013 UY (which runs from april 1, 2013 to march 31, 2014) so you can use banked 2012 UY pts + current 2013 UY pts (current based on the dates of the stay) + borrowed 2014 UY pts (if needed).
Thank you very much, I will bookmark that!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #11
LuvMinnie
Earning My Ears

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #12
rklives
Earning My Ears

Congratulations!!!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 06:41 AM   #13
mgroshans
DIS Veteran

Congratulations and welcome home!
mgroshans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #14
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Congratulations, Welcome Home!

With 3 families, I understand that you would want 3 studios. If you mention that you are "traveling with" they do try to get the studios near each other.

For the most part, we travel with DS and his family, so we get a 2 bedroom so we can be together. If anyone else is joining us, I get studios for them. USUALLY, but not always those studios aren't far from us.

Bobbi

PS. Semi retired now, and spent 28 days in different DVC accomodations last December through January! Of course, it was a mild winter up north, but still, doing fewer days this winter.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #15
backyardponder
DIS Veteran

When we go as a family, usually 10 - 12 people, we book a 2BR and 2 studios. We use the living room & kitchen of the 2BR as a place for everybody to relax, grab breakfast or a snack, etc. Usually rooms are reasonably close to each other.
backyardponder is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: