Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

New Disney Parks Blog- Cars Land/Buena Vista Street Holiday Decorations - Confirmed!

I posted about this in the Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread, but for those of you who do not follow that thread (even though you should!), here is the link to a new blog from the Disney Parks Blog, which confirms that Cars Land and Buena Vista Street will have themed decorations (this had been the rumor all along, but this is the first official word of it!) for the holiday season:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...ugh-january-6/

Also, the season dates have finally been announced as November 12, 2012 - January 6, 2013 - which we already knew months ago, but it's nice of Disney to confirm them!

Some highlights:

Quote:
At Disney California Adventure park:
  • Buena Vista Street will be decked out in vintage-style ornaments and décor.
  • In Cars Land, each address along Route 66 – Flo’s V-8 Café, Fillmore’s Taste-In, the Cozy Cone Motel, Luigi’s Casa della Tires – will feature holiday decorations reflecting the personality of the “Cars” character who lives there.
  • New wintertime fun will rock the night at Mad T Party.
  • Returning favorites will include “a bug’s land” holiday decor and “Phineas and Ferb’s Rockin’ Rollin’ Dance Party: Holiday Edition.”

At Disneyland park:
  • Santa’s Holly Jolly Jamboree in Big Thunder Ranch is where Disneyland park guests can meet Santa Claus and participate in games, music and crafts.
  • Candlelight Ceremony and Processional performances from December 3-20 will be open to Annual Passholders and guests who book select dining packages.
  • Returning favorites include: Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle, “Believe…in Holiday Magic” fireworks show, “A Christmas Fantasy” parade, “it’s a small world” holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 10-02-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
dalstitch45
DIS Veteran

Hi Sherry,

Can't wait to see the decorations, especially the ones at DCA. Looking forward to this year's trip. Thanks for all your valuable info.
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalstitch45 View Post
Hi Sherry,

Can't wait to see the decorations, especially the ones at DCA. Looking forward to this year's trip. Thanks for all your valuable info.
dalstitch45 -

You're very welcome! Thank you for the kind words!

I, too, can't wait to see the decorations. I'm hoping that there will be even more little things here and there that the Parks Blog didn't mention.

For one thing, I am pretty sure that the popular freshly made candy canes are going to be made at Trolley Treats this year but there was no mention of that (I wonder if that plan has been postponed for another year).

Also, I think that the main DCA Christmas tree is going to move out of Paradise Pier and over to Buena Vista Street (which likely means totally different ornaments to fit the vintage theme), but is Santa's photo spot going to move there as well, or will Santa maintain his post on Paradise Pier?

They allude to something in the blog about the Mad T Party having "wintertime fun." Does this mean that decorations will return to Hollywood?

They mentioned nothing about the Pixie Hollow winter overlay, which is supposed to happen from Fall through the end of the year, I think.

Also, I posted a comment on the Parks Blog hours and hours ago - I was saying that I hope the New Orleans Square decorations and the Toon Town decorations are part of the "Returning Favorites." (Those are very important to the whole season, I think.)

My comment never appeared in the Comments section. They didn't put it up, as of the last time I checked. Interesting.

If they get rid of the NOS and TT decorations, I would be shocked...but also extremely disappointed, as those are two of the most interesting areas of DL during the season.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 10-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Interestingly, my comment/question about New Orleans Square and Toon Town decorations never showed up in the Comments under the Parks Blog - not even overnight. I see some names in those comments that I see under almost every DLR-related blog. I see that one girl got at least two separate comments up. But mine was not posted.

I didn't expect an answer to anything - most of those bloggers for the Parks Blog answer a question or two and then stop responding. But it is curious that whoever screens their comments didn't let mine through.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: