Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #496
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post
Just posting to see our ticker
Wow you will be there even sooner
Old 10-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #497
anhower
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to arrive at the Poly in 17 days!! This will be our first time staying there but I doubt it'll be our last. It looks amazing! Some rooms became available for our week and it was a no brainer to switch. A monorail resort that has the amazing Kona Cafe in it? I'll take it!!

Coronado Springs Resort February 2011 . Port Orleans Riverside January 2012 . Polynesian Resort October 2012 . Port Orleans French Quarter February 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #498
PrincessP
Mouseketeer

I hope everyone has a great time on their upcoming Poly stays. We enjoyed our 3rd stay there 2 weeks ago. We have been blessed with upgrades on the last two trips.

Question: I read last year (a year we skipped) they were requiring wristbands for the Poly pool to make sure only Poly guests were swimming there. This was not done for our 2009 or 2010 trip. I anticipated having them this trip, but once again, no wristbands required? Was the wristband only required in 2011? is it seasonal? Just curious.

1977, 1982, 1989, 1992, OKW June 2002
Poly Sept 2009 - 1st trip for and with our own children!
Poly Sept 2010 - had so much fun we had to go again!
Poly Sept 2012 - another magical vacation
Old 10-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #499
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

Just Checking The Ticker Out!!!!

Old 10-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #500
cmadara
Mouseketeer

Free gift with purchase

Hi all!
We are headed to the Poly next month
Always take advantage of the free (or reduced priced) gift with purchase at the Poly along with the one in the parks. In the past, they have been different. Has anyone that has been there lately notice what it was?
Just curious
Old 10-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #501
ninafeliz
Mouseketeer

We just upgraded to GV CL for our upcoming trip in 3 weeks! I'm excited, but I read all of the posts on the Jan2012 thread and this one, but didn't pay particular attention to the CL info b/c I never thought we would decide to stay CL. My DH decided to get on trip advisor and read the reviews on the Poly and got nervous, and brought up switching to the CR MKV. I would love the view, but had my heart set on the Poly. I called Disney and they were able to let us ugrade to CL with the fall RO discount that we had originally booked with, even though it has expired to new bookings. It would have been an additional $700 to change to the CR MKV (I don't think at a discount, either), so we "comromised" and upgraded to CL. He thought that might be nice, and i was certanly all for it.

So now I have a few questions that I should know the answer to, but I just can't remember and a few quick searches didn't bring the posts up off hand.

Can someone point me to the post that lists all of the snacks/drinks/food served in the louge on which days? The first page of this thread just lists generalizations, I know I read a complete list here somewhere but can't seem to find it.

Does anyone know if they will accommodate special diets in the CL lounge? Part of why I never considered it (besides the $$ ) was b/c my DH and DS 2.5 both have gluten allergies, and I figured they wouldn't be able to eat much there. I wondered if they would be able to have any of the Gluten Free Beer or packaged snacks around. I will ask the IPO (I called a lot today and it was always busy, I guess I'll email), but I wondered if anyone had any experience?

Has anyone done the AK safari discussed on the first page that is open to CL guests? Is it worth it for $50?

Is there anything else I should do or change now? I requested a room wth a balcony, I'll be sad if we get the second floor But it won't be the end of the world, and maybe we could move after one night. More than that I wouldn't want to deal with moving. We don't need help with dining or tickets, we have all of that done. I spent all kinds of time deciding on which buildings to request, and now it doesn't matter!! But that's a problem I love having
Old 10-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #502
gaildmoody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninafeliz View Post
So now I have a few questions that I should know the answer to, but I just can't remember and a few quick searches didn't bring the posts up off hand.

Can someone point me to the post that lists all of the snacks/drinks/food served in the louge on which days? The first page of this thread just lists generalizations, I know I read a complete list here somewhere but can't seem to find it.

Does anyone know if they will accommodate special diets in the CL lounge? Part of why I never considered it (besides the $$ ) was b/c my DH and DS 2.5 both have gluten allergies, and I figured they wouldn't be able to eat much there. I wondered if they would be able to have any of the Gluten Free Beer or packaged snacks around. I will ask the IPO (I called a lot today and it was always busy, I guess I'll email), but I wondered if anyone had any experience?

Has anyone done the AK safari discussed on the first page that is open to CL guests? Is it worth it for $50?

Is there anything else I should do or change now? I requested a room wth a balcony, I'll be sad if we get the second floor But it won't be the end of the world, and maybe we could move after one night. More than that I wouldn't want to deal with moving. We don't need help with dining or tickets, we have all of that done. I spent all kinds of time deciding on which buildings to request, and now it doesn't matter!! But that's a problem I love having
Congrats on the upgrade! You will be spoiled!

I don't have the menu but its on here somewhere. As far as allergies...I know they are limited with what they have there so you may want to email them and ask. Maybe they can prepare a few things for you if they know ahead of time.

As far as the safari... I am pretty sure that is for AKL CL guests only.

And you may want to change your request to 3rd floor if you want a "full" balcony because the second floor is still considered balconies.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #503
disneylovr1
Mouseketeer

Good 2 know that second floor considered 2 have a balcony- I will change our request.

I saw on the club level thread that the safari for all CL resorts ended a couple of yrs ago. I think there still is one for AKL CL only.
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'September 18, 2004 4:00:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=purple>Our \"bonus\" trip to Pop Century</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Loving Pop Century!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Old 10-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #504
disneylovr1
Mouseketeer

Oops, I saw I am signed in on my iPhone with my other name (long story, not interesting). I am also ninafeliz.
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'September 18, 2004 4:00:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=purple>Our \"bonus\" trip to Pop Century</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Loving Pop Century!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Old 10-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #505
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Hi nina, we will be there at the same time as you, also staying CL!
Here is the link for the menu. The current offerings are in the column on the right.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=221

Don't worry about the negative reviews. While none of the WDW resorts are perfect this will be our 4th Poly stay and we have yet to have any issues. Sometimes it's a matter of taste (the Poly's just not everyone's cup of tea), or pickiness (some people will find anything to complain about) or just bad luck (every resort probably has a couple of rooms that are not in great shape just because of the volume of turn over). And my DH always says you are more likely to find negative reviews than positive because most people who are happy, unless they are exceptionally happy, won't bother to go to a website and post, but they will if they have a complaint.

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 10-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #506
The Fox Menagerie
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the linke to the CL menu. We leverage CL as much as possible during out stay and it is good to see we have some tasty morsels to look forward to!

Apr 2014 Disneyland Hotel, Jun 2013 Polynesian Resort, Aug 2011 Disneyland Hotel, Dec 2010 Disneyland Hotel, Nov 2010 Paradise Pier Hotel, Aug 2010 Disneyland Hotel, Apr 2010 Disneyland Hotel , Jun 2009 Grand Floridian Resort, Jun 2009 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder, Apr 2008 Disneyland Hotel, Apr 2007 Paradise Pier Hotel, Apr 2004 Disneyland Hotel, Oct 1999 Off Property Orlando, July 1995 Off Property Disneyland, June 1990 Off Property Disneyland
Old 10-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #507
AshleyD1983
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessP
I hope everyone has a great time on their upcoming Poly stays. We enjoyed our 3rd stay there 2 weeks ago. We have been blessed with upgrades on the last two trips.

Question: I read last year (a year we skipped) they were requiring wristbands for the Poly pool to make sure only Poly guests were swimming there. This was not done for our 2009 or 2010 trip. I anticipated having them this trip, but once again, no wristbands required? Was the wristband only required in 2011? is it seasonal? Just curious.
When we were there in April, they did not require wristbands until the pool got extremely crowded on our last day there. From our experience it looks like they only enforce that went it starts to get overly crowded.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #508
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post
Just posting to see our ticker
We'll be staying CL in 3 days so we'll be there at the same time. If you see a group of 4 with an older woman in a wheelchair, feel free to stop by and say hi. My sisters and I are celebrating my mother's 80th birthday! Have a great trip!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #509
Eliserose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninafeliz View Post
We just upgraded to GV CL for our upcoming trip in 3 weeks! I'm excited, but I read all of the posts on the Jan2012 thread and this one, but didn't pay particular attention to the CL info b/c I never thought we would decide to stay CL. My DH decided to get on trip advisor and read the reviews on the Poly and got nervous, and brought up switching to the CR MKV. I would love the view, but had my heart set on the Poly. I called Disney and they were able to let us ugrade to CL with the fall RO discount that we had originally booked with, even though it has expired to new bookings. It would have been an additional $700 to change to the CR MKV (I don't think at a discount, either), so we "comromised" and upgraded to CL. He thought that might be nice, and i was certanly all for it.

I asked this question in the Disabilities board and got some very helpful answers. Here is a link to the post:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2999215

It seems like they are able to accommodate.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #510
Married2theYeti
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessP View Post

I would love to know how you get the upgrade. Do they just offer it to you or do you always ask? We have stayed onsite many times and have NEVER been upgraded. Are we just unlucky?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: