Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #31
TandLMommy28
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Serendipity
Has anyone stayed at the POR: Royal Guest Rooms? How are the beds and linens there?

Also, only washing a bedspread every three months?! They don't wash them between guests? That's...kind of disturbing.
POR was very comfortable to me. I'm not super picky, though. The bedspreads were very heavy, we usually pulled them off.

TandLMommy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #32
melissarose
Mouseketeer

ok, so i know that they don't change the bedspreads very often (disgusting really) but what i am wondering is if there is an extra blanket in the room and if IT gets laundered after every use? because i may want to pull the bedspread off, but will probably need some blanket! or can you get an extra (clean!!!) blanket from the front desk? while i get that most hotels don't clean their bedspreads after every use, i still think it's pretty gross and don't really want to use it!
melissarose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #33
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissarose
ok, so i know that they don't change the bedspreads very often (disgusting really) but what i am wondering is if there is an extra blanket in the room and if IT gets laundered after every use? because i may want to pull the bedspread off, but will probably need some blanket! or can you get an extra (clean!!!) blanket from the front desk? while i get that most hotels don't clean their bedspreads after every use, i still think it's pretty gross and don't really want to use it!
Oh, I never really thought about that!! That is gross when you think about it!!! I think they should at least be required to wash the bedspread after a guest checks out.

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

DznyCrzy11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #34
Princess Serendipity
If It's Not Baroque

I've read a lot of conflicting information on whether or not Disney changes the bedspread after each guest. I rrrrreally hope so though, because not changing it IS gross.

You could always bring a spare blanket or duvet from home if you're driving, though?

I'd be tempted, except I hate to change the comforter in a Royal Guest room just because of how cool it looks! I wonder if they use the same sheets/beds as in the rest of the resort- they most likely do, I imagine.
Princess Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #35
JKMJ441724
Um, I'm going to go with "NO."

we stayed at AKV one weel and then added an extra night at allstar movies to the end of the stay. I could tell a huge difference in the beds (and the towels).

I felt much more comfortable in the AKV bed.

JKMJ441724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #36
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

3 years ago, at the Poly, the beds were quite comfy. Last year, the bed at the Poly was atrocious, I even spied a plywood board poking out from underneath the mattress. Our recent stay at POR in a Royal Guest Room, the bed was okay but I think it was a bit of a shock to the system having to share a queen with the hubs. I swear someone needs to invent a barrier that raises up between the two sides -- a soundproof one would be even better. The Beach Club was fine both times we stayed there, comfy for a queen. I do prefer duvets.

It's luck of the draw with these things though, isn't it? Comfort is subjective, as someone already mentioned. And even within a resort, a lot will depend on how new a mattress is and the amount of "previous occupants" -- and now I'd best stop thinking about this before I myself out.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #37
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissarose View Post
I take the bedspread off of the bed and ask for extra blankets.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: