Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #1111
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
So would you do your 'no buses' trip again?
We loved our no buses trip!! It especially helped that we had the split stay, so we organized our trip with MK visits for our WL stay, and Epcot/HS with our BW stay! I think since we don't have kids and we are leisurely with our visits, this works for us.

However, I don't think I loved doing a split stay! I like unpacking and moving in for a full week and not leaving. Although, it did make final packing that much simpler. Torn. If I had to be somewhere early, I would just do the bus, otherwise, we love the boats. It's our favorite part. It also helps that we go in off-peak seasons usually.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #1112
madgali2000
Earning My Ears

We have stayed at the WL the past 2 years , each year at the end of October. We have never had a problem the bus services , never had to wait more than a couple of minutes!! The boat rides are always fun for the kids , and never a long wait!! I think the transportation from the wilderness lodge is great!! No complaints!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #1113
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
In that case, I would wholeheartedly recommend you do as we do and stay CL at WL and I highly recommend you purchase (if you haven't already) Tables in Wonderland. We usually use it for our TS meal in the afternoon (lunch is usually cheaper than dinner), then return to WL for some appetizers and dessert and we usually eat breakfast in the lounge. It's a great value, you save on food costs and you have your room-only AP rate AND you experience a wonderful CL
Thanks so much!! CL it is. You think Tables in Wonderland is good, huh?
Old 10-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #1114
Macavity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
our last day, when we were checking out, the CL mgr Randy stopped us and ran out bag and personally wrapped a bunch of cookies for my daughter to take "on the road".

That is so Randy, and why I love WL CL and so happy I get to see him again in 3 weeks.....
Old 10-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #1115
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
You must spend more than $375 (if you pay $75 for the card) or $500 (if you pay $100 for the card) to break even. And if you are there for at least two trips in a year or have a larger group or purchase alcohol with your meal, you should be able to to that and more.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #1116
sjv919
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
This is the place! and congratulations on finally getting to stay at WL. What view did you book?
Thanks!! :D I booked a standard view since it was cheapest and it's going to be lots of slaving away to even get that much! As long as I'm there, though, I'm happy

Old 10-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #1117
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjv919

Thanks!! :D I booked a standard view since it was cheapest and it's going to be lots of slaving away to even get that much! As long as I'm there, though, I'm happy
Our thoughts exactly! You should have an awesome trip at a wonderful resort.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:42 AM   #1118
yaksack
DIS Veteran

subscribing

Prior to 1997 - Too young or too drunk to remember
1997 - Honeymoon - Wilderness Lodge
2001 - WL
2002 - POFQ
2004 - WL
2006 - VWL
2008 - AKLV and BCV
2009 - VWL
2011 - Treehouses/Bay Lake Tower
2013 - VWL

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
Old 10-03-2012, 06:54 AM   #1119
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

I asked this on another thread already, but to cover my bases....is it usually possible to get a discount when booking club level at the WL?
Old 10-03-2012, 07:12 AM   #1120
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
I asked this on another thread already, but to cover my bases....is it usually possible to get a discount when booking club level at the WL?
Yes . It depends, of course, on how booked that room type is and whether or not Disney needs to offer a discount to fill those rooms, but WL CL is often offered under promos. WL CL is amazing and I know you'd love it .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-03-2012, 11:42 AM   #1121
heather13
DIS Veteran

GrandCalifornian - thanks so much for your detailed advice and report. So helpful!

And Kathymford - glad to hear you'd do a "no busses" vacation again! We have a week there (longer than we've ever had) so I'll need to keep in mind that our trip is designed to be relaxing! Not rushed (except for one morning ADR). I'm eager now to try the variety of different routes.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #1122
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Kook~ After my explaining to sooooo many people how amazing WL CL is...the obvious question became...WHY are we not staying there???

Well, the question is no more!!! We will be returning HOME to the OFC from 4/18/13-4/28/13.

Go ahead, put it in the Lodger's Log. It's happening.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #1123
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1
Kook~ After my explaining to sooooo many people how amazing WL CL is...the obvious question became...WHY are we not staying there???

Well, the question is no more!!! We will be returning HOME to the OFC from 4/18/13-4/28/13.

Welcome home! You knew your heart belonged here

(KOOK maybe you should add it to the log in pencil )

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 10-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #1124
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #1125
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
We don't like the DP because it isn't a good value for us. We liked the DP in its original form when it included an appetizer and the tip, but we find it's a much better value for us to pay OOP for say, one QS/day and use our TIW for one TS meal. We spend less than the DP, get exactly what we want and never feel compelled to eat because we've pre-paid. I like the flexibility of TIW, but we really get our money's worth out of it. If you're not going to spend at least $375 in TS meals, as Deb & Bill posted, you won't break-even. To get make your $75 back, you need to spend at least $375 and then you would have saved $75 (20% off).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macavity View Post
That is so Randy, and why I love WL CL and so happy I get to see him again in 3 weeks.....
Just 3 weeks?! I feel like you were just there taking all those photos on that nice woman's phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjv919 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaksack View Post
subscribing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
I've been fortunate to be able to book WL/CL (and others) for years using the 40% military discount. I've also seen it available for AP and general public discounts. But, I've never seen the Deluxe room available with a discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Yes . It depends, of course, on how booked that room type is and whether or not Disney needs to offer a discount to fill those rooms, but WL CL is often offered under promos. WL CL is amazing and I know you'd love it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

You came to your senses

I shall enscribe your dates into the LL, however, I shall use the same magical erasing ink I used for pas130's entry - just in case

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post

Sage advice
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: